Yk prices!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I watch YK as I like to hear the quips they give out to try & justify the ( ridiculous) prices.You ladies are much more savvy shoppers.I haven't tried Roman but know where there is a shop & might have a closer look.Nobody could claim that YK style & fabric is SO much better than these cheaper items.Sorry but it's the HUGE mark up.Yes Brissles Sahara is a nice range, I have had a couple of pieces in the past,higher price level but lovely fabrics & colours.I have seen a shop in York & one in Edinburgh.

I have quite a few Roman Originals clothes and l really like them. I have a wonderful stretchy denim skirt which l love The only annoying thing is that if you want to return something they give you a credit note rather than your money back. Also l agree with the person who said DF top was vile. I had to look twice at it it was such a monstrosity.

I have quite a few items too jeans trousers blouses and knitwear ...but I always get a refund when returning anything I`ve never been offered a credit note, but I always write on the top of the returns slip `Refund please`

I noticed that YK is starting to use polyester more.There was a tunic with a polyester back panel.The guest ,can't remeber her name ,pointed it out.
Modal is OK but the one YK tunic I ever kept looked shabby after a few washes and was modal,so I have never bothered since.

I noticed that YK is starting to use polyester more.There was a tunic with a polyester back panel.The guest ,can't remeber her name ,pointed it out.
Modal is OK but the one YK tunic I ever kept looked shabby after a few washes and was modal,so I have never bothered since.
my YK modal didn't wash and wear that great either, I thought it was just me.

Yes, I've been a 'Roman' girl too ! I've also discovered another 'comfy' brand in great styles - yes at the same price level as YK but far superior, in linens and silks. Its Sahara, and their website features some Join stuff as well. I love their little jackets which have seen me through 4 summers so far !

I've got a few things from Sahara too. Lovely quality.

I've not looked at Roman for years as it was always a bit mother of the bride for me but things change. One high end range I love is Ronen Chen. QVC have done it in the past. Also sold on the high street under the brand name Chesca. Some real gems in that but the Chesca brand also does mother of the bride stuff. Best to stick to Ronen Chen for the styles I like.

I just checked and you are right about that top, it looks OK to me. Some times, clothes look like YK, but they are clingy around the rear, but this one looks fine.

I only get YK if they are made in Modal because it is very soft on the skin. YK also used the top quality modal.

YK has started using viscose, jersey and even polyester and still charge ludicrous prices.

I refuse to pay the prices she charges for her clothes , if I can get similar , made of polyester, jersey and viscose elsewhere, much cheaper!

Earlier this year I saw a top in Asda for £ 6 , which was very similar to YK .

I looked up Asda online just now and this top looks very similar to YK also.

http://direct.asda.com/george/womens/tops/drop-hem-top/G005458912,default,pd.html

Fabric composition: 95% Viscose 5% Elastane

Price:£ 8 !!!

Free click and collect as well. Win win.

I've not looked at Roman for years as it was always a bit mother of the bride for me but things change. One high end range I love is Ronen Chen. QVC have done it in the past. Also sold on the high street under the brand name Chesca. Some real gems in that but the Chesca brand also does mother of the bride stuff. Best to stick to Ronen Chen for the styles I like.

I browse the rails in Fenwicks at Brent Cross frequently, and they have had Ronen Chen recently. I didn't realise Chesca was also Ronen Chen.

I think they still do sell `mother of the bride`type garments but must have branched out in recent years as I`ve had some jeans tops and knitwear as well as jackets that don`t fit that category and are quite modern

I browse the rails in Fenwicks at Brent Cross frequently, and they have had Ronen Chen recently. I didn't realise Chesca was also Ronen Chen.

I don't know the link but you can buy the exact same tops and dresses from both brands.

http://www.helloboutique.com/10534-0-Ronen-Chen-Eleanor-Dress

http://m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnl...riped-chiffon-dress-grey/p1397678#page_loaded

QVC stocked and sold this dress in grey and also in black. This is the top in the same fabric. http://www.qvcuk.com/Ronen-Chen-Wav....html?sc=PSCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-5-_-119644

If you order online and then return something by mail, your money is refunded back onto your card within 48 hours. I go into our local branch, try stuff and then order online when I receive a discount code by email.

The discount code you mentioned is it when you make a purchase and they send it to you in your delivery or a free next day delivery ..I`ve tried to look for some discount vouchers on line but all they do is direct me to the RO web site showing their on line discounts/sale items

The discount code you mentioned is it when you make a purchase and they send it to you in your delivery or a free next day delivery ..I`ve tried to look for some discount vouchers on line but all they do is direct me to the RO web site showing their on line discounts/sale items

Once you register with them they email discount codes at regular intervals. The last code I got was 241215, try it and see if it works.

Once you register with them they email discount codes at regular intervals. The last code I got was 241215, try it and see if it works.

Thank you Vienna I tried it and all was going well getting just over £10 discount on two blouses (same one in two colours ) but it wouldn`t let me pay so it may have expired I received an automated email because I hadn`t completed the transaction ..so I replied to it telling them why !1

The voucher code emails you get are they from `My Voucher Codes` or direct from Roman Originals? I am registered with them and get emails from them but never about discount codes.

Thank you Vienna I tried it and all was going well getting just over £10 discount on two blouses (same one in two colours ) but it wouldn`t let me pay so it may have expired I received an automated email because I hadn`t completed the transaction ..so I replied to it telling them why !1

The voucher code emails you get are they from `My Voucher Codes` or direct from Roman Originals? I am registered with them and get emails from them but never about discount codes.

How strange MAD, if it showed a discount then the code must have worked, I can`t understand why it wouldn`t allow you to pay. When a code is expired it usually comes up in red print above the box that the code is out of date. I`ve just used the same code this evening.
I get some codes directly from Roman but I also get some from Promopro Uk. If you go to their website you search for brands you`re interested in, register your email address and they send you codes as and when.

How strange MAD, if it showed a discount then the code must have worked, I can`t understand why it wouldn`t allow you to pay. When a code is expired it usually comes up in red print above the box that the code is out of date. I`ve just used the same code this evening.
I get some codes directly from Roman but I also get some from Promopro Uk. If you go to their website you search for brands you`re interested in, register your email address and they send you codes as and when.

Thanks Vienna for the info re discount codes I emailed RO and told them I couldn`t get the code to go through and they did it for me so thanks again I got just over £10 discount on two blouses

The ongoing discussion with regards to the prices of YK clothes are going to carry on as long as Q are going to sell their clothes, for me the clothes are going to expensive even at so called clearance prices when I can purchase similar cheaper elsewhere. I suppose though as long as people purchase the clothes and post 'half-decent' reviews then there are going to sell the clothes. It is I suppose this is the same for any brand that Q sells.

IMO Marvinne looks a sight, balloon trousers & white shoes even the models can't carry this off.

IMO Marvinne looks a sight, balloon trousers & white shoes even the models can't carry this off.

I couldn't agree more Silver Fox. She looks absolutely stupid. This range hardly suits the slim models and does nothing for the fuller figured.

Lol..one of my favourite topics YK..... They are flogging a waist coat for just shy of 80 quid and its the size of a headscarf There is nothing of it.

I know people like this brand but its beyond me to work out why.The price alone puts me off before I get on to the shape.

Latest posts

Back