Yk prices!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Those long sleeveless things punted out as "waistcoats" are just awful. They ruin a reasonably nice outfit. I would not pay those prices even if I could afford them. The fabric looks thin and cheap and the crinkled fabric looks like it just came out of a hot wash and wasn't ironed. A mess.

CC

I think it's one of the worst ranges on QVC - but I hate crinkle clothes, I think they just look unkempt.

Yong Kim is not a person. On earlier threads about the range it was stated that the name Yong Kim is just a brand name, a line from one of many names used by a particular American fashion house.

Apparently YK is called something else in America but QVC UK brought it QVC as a "young an edgy" range of clothing by an extremely shy woman, who is obviously even too shy to have her picture taken, which of course is a load of cobblers. It's pitched as "designer and edgy" which warrants them to slap a huge price tag on. I've seen similar style clothes, same fabric composition for a fraction of YK prices so there's only one reason QVC charge what they do, greed.

I am sure I heard in a previous show that Ingrid had gone to dinner with the person purporting to be 'Yong Kim' so I am now confused that if this a QVC brand does this person actually exist and if she does but in a different guise then that is obviously why they are no photo's. It seems to me that Q is getting more and more of its own propriatory ranges, this may have been mentioned before but I just found out yesterday that home reflectionsis their own range, at some point I am wondering whether they are going to bring their own range of makeup/skin care or electronics.

I can understand that they are wanting some brands and I don't have a problem with that, what I do have a problem with (now this revelation has been revealed to me), is that who exactly is the 'middle man' that they usually 'fleece' to bring down the value. I mean lets face it when there is a premium skincare range, the guest presenters are all for saying how much you are saving rather than spending, if that therefore is the case, then yes the cost is basically down to sheer greed. Also it is no wonder most of the presenters has pieces from the range, as they would get them at cost (average of around a tenner, would be my guess (then of course there is the staff discount)) now even I would 'dip my toe' if I could buy them that cheaply! :)

Rant over!

YK is obviously a range that sells so many people are drawn into the hype.I am not one of them, even if it was 'my style' the pieces are vastly overpriced, the fabrics look mediocre quality and words fail me with Ingrid.If the person Yong Kim does not exist do Q think for a second that this will not be uncovered?

I like the look but to achieve it properly you need a small mortgage. However I do think that Ingrid can wear it, possibly because she is so slim the twenty layers don't add to her hips.

She did get an audience (and I say that in its true meaning) in secret so no one else in Q towers could meet her.

When Trinny & Susanna had that TV makeover show they did a celeb one and IT was on it with Jo Brand and someone I can't remember and they were to go to a posh do wearing the posh outfit. IT wanted black but T&S wanted her in a different colour. Outfits were duly put on.

In the car IT made them divert home (still with Chris) and changed in the car into one of her own black outfits.

Sort of made her out to be a Diva which doesn't come over when doing YK other than thinking we can sleep in a £100 t shirt but then I imagine she isn't in the same economic group as ourselves.

I`m wondering if the `designer` has been changed lately because although still not my cup of tea they aren`t the same as when it first came on the scene

Guest talking about a Yong Kim 'you can't get anything like this on the High Street'.Thank goodness for small mercies.Of course I haven't bought into this range so don't appreciate it!

Funnily enough I thought about YK clothes today. I was in town and trying clothes in a local store when I saw a top which reminded me of YK but was much nicer. I didn`t try it but the quality was excellent, was available in 2 colourways and when I saw the price £22 it made me realise just how QVC take people for mugs.
You couldn`t fault the top, 95% viscose, 5% elastine, oversized and beautifully made so why oh why, when such nice offerings are available at such reasonable prices, do people still pay through the nose on QVC ?
Here it is but it looked much nicer in the flesh.
http://www.romanoriginals.co.uk/invt/91282?colour=Navy

Funnily enough I thought about YK clothes today. I was in town and trying clothes in a local store when I saw a top which reminded me of YK but was much nicer. I didn`t try it but the quality was excellent, was available in 2 colourways and when I saw the price £22 it made me realise just how QVC take people for mugs.
You couldn`t fault the top, 95% viscose, 5% elastine, oversized and beautifully made so why oh why, when such nice offerings are available at such reasonable prices, do people still pay through the nose on QVC ?

DF actually aid this hour you can buy similar a lot cheaper but they don`t last they pill and don`t last like YK does .... what a load of twaddle That top is far superior to any of QVC offerings in both style and quality

I have quite a few Roman Originals clothes and l really like them. I have a wonderful stretchy denim skirt which l love The only annoying thing is that if you want to return something they give you a credit note rather than your money back. Also l agree with the person who said DF top was vile. I had to look twice at it it was such a monstrosity.

I have quite a few Roman Originals clothes and l really like them. I have a wonderful stretchy denim skirt which l love The only annoying thing is that if you want to return something they give you a credit note rather than your money back. Also l agree with the person who said DF top was vile. I had to look twice at it it was such a monstrosity.

If you order online and then return something by mail, your money is refunded back onto your card within 48 hours. I go into our local branch, try stuff and then order online when I receive a discount code by email.

I just checked and you are right about that top, it looks OK to me. Some times, clothes look like YK, but they are clingy around the rear, but this one looks fine.

I only get YK if they are made in Modal because it is very soft on the skin. YK also used the top quality modal.

YK has started using viscose, jersey and even polyester and still charge ludicrous prices.

I refuse to pay the prices she charges for her clothes , if I can get similar , made of polyester, jersey and viscose elsewhere, much cheaper!

Earlier this year I saw a top in Asda for £ 6 , which was very similar to YK .

I looked up Asda online just now and this top looks very similar to YK also.

http://direct.asda.com/george/womens/tops/drop-hem-top/G005458912,default,pd.html

Fabric composition: 95% Viscose 5% Elastane

Price:£ 8 !!!

Yes, I've been a 'Roman' girl too ! I've also discovered another 'comfy' brand in great styles - yes at the same price level as YK but far superior, in linens and silks. Its Sahara, and their website features some Join stuff as well. I love their little jackets which have seen me through 4 summers so far !

Although I have seen Roman originals in a local shop and it looks nice, well made and reasonable priced it doesn't fit my shape. I am neat at the top and heavy on the hips and short so they are far far too tight on the hips. Story of my life, such a pity.

I came in from town today popped on QVC and saw the YK top with the white panal on
It was almost the same as the one in town but different fabric Saw the price £39.99 thought that's cheap for qvc
Seeing one in town was 19.99 then realised the qvc price was the flexi pay price
The one In town looked much nicer
So much for nothing like this on the high street

Latest posts

Back