Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
YBF 4 Piece BeYOUtiful Collection

QVC Price: £20.00

Try Me Price : £18.84

P&P: £3.95
203298.jpg
http://www.qvcuk.com/YBF-4-Piece-Be...03298.html?cm_sp=[Ljava.lang.String;@62266226

Wow, a whole £1.16 discount!! It doesn't even cover half of the P & P!
Ridiculous IMO.

I get the impression Stacey's been shafted by QVC - she had held a prime spot in the make up scheduling years ago, because her business model of regularly churning out new colours and sets perfectly matches QVC's requirements (it's the reason Liz Earle cosmetics get little airtime because it's a small finite range). In her absence following the court case with QVC US the Mally and Laura Geller brands filled the void.

Now I know YBF has been criticised on here but a couple of products are great for me (and probably other buyers are like me and pick and choose from all sorts of make up brands). The yellow cream is great for me as a concealer (probably because I often suffer with jaundice!) and the yellow powder (tho not a patch on the original T. le Clerc one is pretty good too and cheaper than T le Clerc). The brow pencil is one I go back to time and time again (I still have a stockpile of the Models Prefer one).

Someone on here mentioned Stacey was ready to offer a TSV but QVC wouldn't give her a date in the Christmas run up. I feel sorry for her, she's out-lived her usefulness to QVC it seems and they're just feeding her scraps of airtime now. Whatever your views about the quality of her brand or the packaging her presentations were a breath of fresh air. There are still customers who'd like access to her products and the try me is a good bundle of items, though I agree the few pennies' discount is rubbish!

I was wondering if Stacey would get a Christmas slot. I'd rather her a hundred times than yet more fairy lights and flashing santas. Make up presentations seem to have become a bit of a cabaret act, with Laura as the fairygodmother, Stacey the girl next door and Mally the vamp. Stacey and Mally are both pretty exhausting but I prefer Stacey's routine. Her products are good value and most people seem to really warm to her.

I like Stacey and unlike Laure Geller and Mally she isn't a makeup artist, both her and the models apply the makeup to themselves, its not everyone's cup of tea buts she adds some fun to QVC. The try me cant be that bad as it was posted 5mins after I posted it on here on Qvc Fb ;)

I miss Stacey's shows, they added a bit more fun to QVC when she was on more regularly years ago. I also have a few favourite items from Models Prefer, there used to be a brilliant lip liner propelling pencil in a nude pink that worked with most lipstick colours, this hasn't appeared in the new range. there was also a blusher in four shade quarters that you could blend together or use separately and I'm nearly at the base of that now. I do hate it when I find something that I really like and then it's discontinued. These days QVC's prices on Stacey's range aren't tempting me very often and I've moved on to other ranges.

I've just started using the MP dial foundation having found a box of refils. I was this close to throwing the empty "component" away. It works well on my 50yo skin and also on my 17yo DD. She likes it because if she fake tans for a night out she can ramp up the foundation colour to match. The contents being sealed are fine and much as love quick application products like Balance & Brighten I still like old school foundation and powder for a polished look (particularly if there'll be photographs taken).

See Mr Akimbo this is why I never throw anything away!

At least we see her apply make-up not like Mally and LG who lightly go over already made up faces.

Yes, Stacey was good at demonstrating the products and giving tips for application techniques. I do wonder why they bother bring Mally over when she doesn't demo anything.

I like how Stacey applies her products on air, but I do think her packaging and logo is a bit outdated, looks like something you'd have picked up for £2.99 in Bodycare circa 1998.

Yes, Stacey was good at demonstrating the products and giving tips for application techniques. I do wonder why they bother bring Mally over when she doesn't demo anything.

I prefer Teenie as the Mally Beauty guest to Mally herself.

I am sure she's a lovely person but that whole "Own It Girlfriend" advert on qvc is so dated. It reminds of of the opening credits to the Rikki Lake show from the early 90's. I cringe every time it comes on. What is she (and qvc for that matter) thinking?

I am sure she's a lovely person but that whole "Own It Girlfriend" advert on qvc is so dated. It reminds of of the opening credits to the Rikki Lake show from the early 90's. I cringe every time it comes on. What is she (and qvc for that matter) thinking?

I agree, the whole package is so dated.

I got a duo of this about a year ago. It was awful. The first one I never used so chucked it. The second one was in the box for a year and when I finally got round to open it it has a white film on the outside of the pencil and when I tried to get a line on the back of my hand it did not produce any colour. I cannot reccommend this product and don't know what all the fuss was about. Cheap packaging too. Mally, Avon and Doll 10 all do much better brow products.

That is exactly what's happened to my Shavata brow pencil - white film on the outside of the pencil and it's not doing anything anymore.
I was swayed by free P&P and placed an order, I think I'll cancel it now.

i bought this in the past, and still use it. I am not the most organised in my makeup bag area though and I travel a lot. But I actually prefer this (eyebrow colour) to mally's which I normally use, Why do I use it more - mainly because I seem to mislay Mally when going away on, and it is faster to apply. I have so many Mally eyebrow products but never when I need them. But actually, with greying blond eyebows, YBF is better. In just wish I would stop mislaying this and I am think I will go and order more of the eyebrow kit.:)

I was glad when Stacey came back to Q just because of the eyebrow pencils. When she disappeared for a while i thought omg what am going to use now for my brows. I started using MACs self propelling brow pencil, you can only wind it out a teeny tiny bit, wind it too much and you can't wind it back ! but the price kept going up every time I purchased. Last time I bought one they were £11.50 now they're £13.00 ! I went back to a rimmel pencil, but you have to sharpen it every time you use it and are too cakey. I tried the BM one when it was in TSV, but they are too brittle. So YBF are still the best and still the best value for money. I love them and can't be without, although, I'm still on the look out for a substitute just incase Stacey disappears again ! I am wondering about the yellow cream though ! Benefit do a yellow eye primer. Do you think it's the same sort of stuff that you could you use all over your face like Stacey's ?

I normally fill my brows with dark matte eye shadow and it looks very natural.
As for the yellow powder I think it can be replaced with Laura Geller B&B as it hides pretty much anything when applied with a concealer brush.

Latest posts

Back