YBF Try Me!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've cancelled my order for YBF brow pencils last night, went to Boots this afternoon, the "Seventeen" counter are currently doing a promotion for eyebrow product with a purchace of £8 or more. Well, I decided to have a go, tried it at home and it looks very natural and keeps brows in place with the setting powder. The highlighter in the set is a very nice colour as well.
http://www.boots.com/en/SEVENTEEN-Brows-That-Brow-Kit_1414692/

I was surprised Stacey even was allowed back on QVC(after the court action in the US against her from QVC), yes she does the whole demo from start to finish. Unfortunately I find her products very dated and the packaging is rubbish and breaks.

Mally gets the big shows as she is the makeup artist to the celebs, QVC love anything to do with the celebs these days.

QVC are sales good you get the shows, shows start to drop off in sales, then less airtime or bye bye altogether. Then many wonder why the brands just pull the themselves out, there is the answer.

I was glad when Stacey came back to Q just because of the eyebrow pencils. When she disappeared for a while i thought omg what am going to use now for my brows. I started using MACs self propelling brow pencil, you can only wind it out a teeny tiny bit, wind it too much and you can't wind it back ! but the price kept going up every time I purchased. Last time I bought one they were £11.50 now they're £13.00 ! I went back to a rimmel pencil, but you have to sharpen it every time you use it and are too cakey. I tried the BM one when it was in TSV, but they are too brittle. So YBF are still the best and still the best value for money. I love them and can't be without, although, I'm still on the look out for a substitute just incase Stacey disappears again ! I am wondering about the yellow cream though ! Benefit do a yellow eye primer. Do you think it's the same sort of stuff that you could you use all over your face like Stacey's ?

Do you mean benefit lemon aid? I tried it quite a few years ago and didn't repurchase. It has a slightly tacky feel so I'd say not suitable as a concealer

Do you mean benefit lemon aid? I tried it quite a few years ago and didn't repurchase. It has a slightly tacky feel so I'd say not suitable as a concealer

Benefit used to do a good eye primer called F Y Eye but it was discontinued and I think lemon aid was the replacement. I did not get on with it at all. Mac do/did a reasonable eye primer but I have also used Bobbi Brown bone cream eye shadow successfully as a base. Maybe M&S autograph range do one too??? They have branched out into primers for the face so you never know. I thought their primers were a bit like mac(the white runny one) and smashbox (the clear gel one) and they were on three for two when I got mine so that was a result.

Laura Geller B&B is a good primer for eyelids as well as colour corrector and an eyelid brightener just swept across the lid

I was surprised Stacey even was allowed back on QVC(after the court action in the US against her from QVC), yes she does the whole demo from start to finish. Unfortunately I find her products very dated and the packaging is rubbish and breaks.

Mally gets the big shows as she is the makeup artist to the celebs, QVC love anything to do with the celebs these days.

QVC are sales good you get the shows, shows start to drop off in sales, then less airtime or bye bye altogether. Then many wonder why the brands just pull the themselves out, there is the answer.

What happened with the court case? I don't think I've heard anything about it. I thought that story about her having to redo the whole range because of the parabens hogwash sounded like absolute bull...

What happened with the court case? I don't think I've heard anything about it. I thought that story about her having to redo the whole range because of the parabens hogwash sounded like absolute bull...

Someone on the QVC US community board even put a link to the official court papers and the judgement given in the case. QVC Corp vs Stacey and her husband(sorry cannot remember his full name). Now it was some years back so I don't think I would even try to find the link now.

Lemon Aid was to counter act redness, they also had a powder for the face as well. I believe you used it under your eyes then applied concealer, but could use on other areas of the face for redness too.

I strangely have rather oily eyelids!!!!! So have to use a eye primer, for years I have used the Laura Mercier one, expensive but lasts me years. I did like the Smashbox one, but they only did one shade, Laura Mercier actually does different shades to match skin tone.

Latest posts

Back