YBF Logo.... surely a coincidence??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i am sure Stacey having had such exposure in the industry there are a lot of things she may do unconsciously. this can be easily attributed to coincidence, but then again we are not in her mind.
it is uncunny how many companies across industries can share similar names and logos. it happened to my company; somebody else used a very similar logo and name...it was investigated and it was found to be just a coincidence. it happens all the time, and businesses carry on as normal.
reality is stranger than fiction, i'm afraid!!

YBF just reminds me of "You've Been Framed"

Keep expecting Harry Hill to pop up at any moment!!

True story. Lancome brought out an eye liner and the colour was called Metallica the heavy metal band of the same name sued and won. Lancome withdrew the pencil. Then Guerlain released a fragrance called Metallica and again the band sued and the perfume was withdrawn.

I'm sure this was totally unintentional....

ysl_golden_gloss.jpg

:22:

Humm,:33: the phrase imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, springs to mind. Can't think why.:32:

There was a thread about this when the brand first launched.

Could you really do this subconciously, and what are the chances that no-one involved with the packaging and marketing side of things would pick up on it at any stage during development, which must last months to years?

Sorry, but I think it's deliberate - to gain indirect association with an upmarket brand.

The other thing that bugs me (and I've seen several brands do this, not just YBF) is when there's a new type of container or dispenser (such as one with an integral brush or foam pad) which said brand claims is their innovation, but which some other brand has had for 2-3 years.

Classic case are the twist and click pens which were invented by Mitsubishi for Ruby and Millie, over a decade ago, which everyone under the sun seems to think they are the first to use. Nthing wrong with using a new technology if it's not licensed to just one company, but don't lie and pretend YOU came up with it.

Some people are just asking for a lawsuit

The other thing that bugs me (and I've seen several brands do this, not just YBF) is when there's a new type of container or dispenser (such as one with an integral brush or foam pad) which said brand claims is their innovation, but which some other brand has had for 2-3 years.

Classic case are the twist and click pens which were invented by Mitsubishi for Ruby and Millie, over a decade ago, which everyone under the sun seems to think they are the first to use. Nthing wrong with using a new technology if it's not licensed to just one company, but don't lie and pretend YOU came up with it.

Some people are just asking for a lawsuit
I'm sure the same thing happened with Models Prefer and Mario De Luigi, claiming to have invented a certain type of container. I think it is now quite obvious as to who was telling the truth.:54:

YBF Logo.... surely a coincidence?

I'm sure this was totally unintentional....

Well spotted!

Think there are a few porkies around. Watched last night and Stacey gave an explanation of why Models Prefer is now Your Best Friend - by popular request apparently. Not what has been said on here.

I mean look at the Smashbox Halo dispenser - Elizabeth Arden have it as do YBF - I don't now who invented it first but still it's worth knowing!

I mean look at the Smashbox Halo dispenser - Elizabeth Arden have it as do YBF - I don't now who invented it first but still it's worth knowing!

More than likely, the company that manufacturers all their cosmetics (e.g. a cosmetic wholesaler/manufacturer/packager) comes up with it and then sells it on to them in their own packaging. It would make more sense too as to how so many of these brands have similar products launching at the same times.

i think it does her no favours. no one wants a second hand cheap copy of a designer brand surely? do they?

the lipsticks in the TSV with the silver coating and logo were chav-0-rama. sorry but they just were. stacey is fab, im sure she could make a go of it without copying and selling tack.

I will say the French brands are very, very quick at jumping into court for infringement(sp) of copyright. YSL are now owned by the company who own L'Oreal and Lancome I do know.

Years ago, I was stopped in the street to do one of those surveys and had to go to a hotel nearby, where I was shown pictures of perfume bottles (not labelled, but you could tell they were Lancome and mainly Tresor) and then a load of images of "fakes", including having them flashed onto a screen quickly or shown in a display of "real" ones.

Sounded like they were getting ready to sue the other company and were gathering evidence.

Latest posts

Back