YBF Beauty TSV 8/11/08

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

what has happenend between stacy and America qvc selling her products and why the name change.
Sorry but have missed what has happenend.

There was a court case with QVC saying they had the rights to the MP as it was launched on Q and made the company was it was. Stacey has sold the company and is just the front woman for it, hence the new name.

Tried the range in the early days and was never impressed.

They have to be the best I've tried. Fortunately I have a little stockpile. :)

Have you tried the Clinique quickliner for eyes - this is simply the best (IMHO). It is very soft and is a twistupable one and has a smudger on the one end. You can get it in loads of colours. It is not the cheapest but I don't mind paying for quality. I usually pick mine up dutyfree when travelling and stockpile. Worth a try.

Sorry clicked on the wrong link - it should have been for the people who liked the eyeliners not the eyebrow pencil OOOPS.

I think the MP/YBF eyebrow pencils are the best too - havent found an alternative for them.

I love Clinique quickliners and Stacey has referred to the packaging as being the same as the Clinique ones without the Clinique pricetag!

I love the Indigo colour and Roast Coffee from Clinique.

I bought a big set in a black vanity case once, think it was a TSV. The quality of the eyeshadows etc was awful. Reminded me of those tacky sets you can get in cheapy shops.

I bought that and the quality was awful put me right off her range although love watching her shows she is very entertaining.

It really was. I still use the box though, but I seem to remember not only was the quality of the products inside awful, the compacts all broke within a few weeks. I really should have sent it back.

YBF just makes me think of "You've Been Framed"!! Perhaps Harry Hill will put in a guest appearance.....

I got last year's Christmas TSV,the 10 piece Monaco Jewel Collection, the one with the red handbag and makeup bag. I thought it was fabulous and gave it a five star review on QVC. Then I really began to look at what I'd bought. I gave the mascara and nail polish to my daughter, the eye and lip pencils were pretty useless as the so-called sharpeners didn't do the job. Very few of the colours in the compact actually suited me and the concealers were just ok. I eventually sent the handbag to a charity shop, unused, as it was just way too tacky and the makeup bag is stuck in a cupboard with several dozen others.

So, out of all those 10 pieces I was left with the lipstick, which I loved so much I bought two more on ebay, and an eyebrow pencil! Stacey is a hoot and I'll be watching her but I doubt that I'll ever buy her makeup again, regardless of what it's called.

I love Clinique quickliners and Stacey has referred to the packaging as being the same as the Clinique ones without the Clinique pricetag!

I love the Indigo colour and Roast Coffee from Clinique.

I love the indigo colour too and the smokey grey. I also have all the other blackish and brownish colours too.

The advantage over the MP/YBF ones in they are always in a duo and you get one brown and one black and I don't like black eyeliners as they are a bit Amy Winehouse-ish.

There are 4 reviews for the TSV on makeupalley.com from people who bought it from HSN where it was called the Celebration Collection. They all gave it 5/5! :star:

Here are some of the things they said about it:-

The yellow powder appears to have been reformulated and is much smoother and more flattering, and the bronzer is not orangey and suits even very fair skins.

The eyeshadow colours are matte ivory, matte taupe, medium brown shimmer and grey shimmer. They have excellent pigmentation and last all day.

The 'Realistic Rose' lipstick looks scary but goes on a soft and pretty neutral rose colour, also tastes of cake batter (wouldn't last long on me then)!!

Lip liner is creamy, almost gel-like and the lipgloss looks like a pale gold in the tube but goes on pale pink with gold.

One reviewer said "Stacey's chemists have added the ingredient 'beta glucan' to several of the new products (like the foundation, blushes, eyeshadows, neutralizing powder), and from what I have read about beta glucon is that has very effective anti-inflammatory properties, and is great for those who have redness/inflammatory conditions of the skin (ie: rosacea). I have been using this kit for about 3 weeks, and I can honestly say that I have seen a great improvement in my skin (rosacea)."

So you never know, we all seem to be expecting the worse but may get a nice surprise after all! :)

ybf 8 Piece Celebration Collection & Cosmetic Bag
Today's Special Value Price £28.37
QVC Price £34.00
Item Number 225908
Availability In stock
UK P&P £3.95
Look fabulous with this ybf by Stacey make-up set. It includes all of Stacey's must-have products to create day or evening looks. You'll receive Transforming Neutralising Powder/Bronzer (11.03g), Eyeshadow Quad Compact (10.2g), Cheek Colour in Passion Petal Blush (2.52g) and Lipgloss in Complex Pink (2.72ml). Also included is a Lipstick in Realistic Rosewood (3.23g), Lipliner in Destiny Dusty Rose (1.105g), Eyeliner in Serenity Sable (1.105g) and an Eyebrow pencil in Universal Brown (0.14g). The collection is presented in its own glittery make-up bag.

I read a lot of the court papers about her argument with QVCUS and have to say she came out of that with far more integrity than they did. One of their arguments for trying to terminate her contract-and make her liable so they could get damages off her-was that she wasn't presenting the products on the cannel and as that is so integral to the range sales had dropped. She was able to prove she was available and they had simply not scheduled her to appear. It was really entertaining reading (my daughter just started a law degre and we became saddos in the summer reading celeb court papers !)they accused her of things and said things had/hadn't been said or done,she was able to prove them wrong every single time.

I must be very unsophisticated makeup-wise,as I loved that black vanity case and still use some of the makeup-I even used it on my wedding day 3 years ago and it lasted all day.My daughter is still using a lot of the stuff from the white vanity case and her friends at Uni often dip in too, so it must be sort of reasonable.

Hate the look of this TSV though and won't be buying ot for DD.

Thanks to all for the detective work! :)

I love Stacey - always so entertaining and positive.

I'm in need of a new eyebrow pencil thingy (hers are the best) so at the moment I have a TSV in my basket - I am also swayed 'cos I love pinky shade lipsticks and blushers and brown/neutral colour eyeshadows.

I really don't need anymore make up except for the eyebrow pencil but I haven't seen the presentation yet and I'm already tempted.:rolleyes:

I agree with others that some of her products are not the best but some are great and compare to the brands that I normally buy - MAC, C.Dior, Clinique etc and at a much cheaper price.

Aaaaaaaaagh! I said I wouldn't. I thought the last TSV was pants (see my previous post:)). BUT, I want to buy this one!!

Stacey always looks so glamourous and I enjoy watching her do her face. Also love Jilly, she's so unpretentious.

Now, will I, won't I? :D

Aaaaaaaaagh! I said I wouldn't. I thought the last TSV was pants (see my previous post:)). BUT, I want to buy this one!!

Stacey always looks so glamourous and I enjoy watching her do her face. Also love Jilly, she's so unpretentious.

Now, will I, won't I? :D

No because you don't need to.....:28:

No because you don't need to.....:28:

Oh my goodness! I'd forgotten that you are my conscience when it comes to beauty buying. :lol:

Good to see you are still following my 'career' and did you ever consider changing your name to Jimminy Cricket?

Lots and lots of love

S xxxx

(Are you tempted???? :D)

There are 4 reviews for the TSV on makeupalley.com from people who bought it from HSN where it was called the Celebration Collection. They all gave it 5/5! :star:

Here are some of the things they said about it:-

The yellow powder appears to have been reformulated and is much smoother and more flattering, and the bronzer is not orangey and suits even very fair skins.

The eyeshadow colours are matte ivory, matte taupe, medium brown shimmer and grey shimmer. They have excellent pigmentation and last all day.

The 'Realistic Rose' lipstick looks scary but goes on a soft and pretty neutral rose colour, also tastes of cake batter (wouldn't last long on me then)!!

Lip liner is creamy, almost gel-like and the lipgloss looks like a pale gold in the tube but goes on pale pink with gold.

One reviewer said "Stacey's chemists have added the ingredient 'beta glucan' to several of the new products (like the foundation, blushes, eyeshadows, neutralizing powder), and from what I have read about beta glucon is that has very effective anti-inflammatory properties, and is great for those who have redness/inflammatory conditions of the skin (ie: rosacea). I have been using this kit for about 3 weeks, and I can honestly say that I have seen a great improvement in my skin (rosacea)."

So you never know, we all seem to be expecting the worse but may get a nice surprise after all! :)

Thanks for that, I was wondering if the products had changed now that the company has been sold and is rebranded. I bought some of the MP stuff years ago and wasn't impressed. Stacey keeps talking about reformulation and "new" versions, so is the quality any better?

my first impression was that this is an 8-piece instead of the 20+ piece kits of old for around the same price....so maybe it is quality over quantity this time instead of vice-versa. :33: Still not tempted though.

Your Best Friend has got to one of the naffest names ever, ranks right up there with Diamonique...it sounds like a range for 10 year old girls not grown women...but I do love watching Stacey and some of the old Models Prefer range I really liked, but I have sooooooooo much makeup, will definitely pass on the TSV.

Has YBF replaced Models Prefer?

I always thought that was a very silly name as well.

Latest posts

Back