YBF Beauty - 4th July

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

CS only really ave the info they get given, and lets face it: they are not included in program making decisions. Also think, in their defense, that no one would have put money on YBF coming back to QVC. I thought she was pushed out? why is she back? Look forward to hearing the PR exercise at the beginning
I also used to love the eyebrow pencil, not sure I liked anything else though

It will be interesting to watch the PR spin.. I will definetely be buying her eyebrow pencil next week.

Really glad that Stacey is coming back to QVC. I enjoyed watching her shows and love her eyebrow pencil. What I find odd is that I emailed QVC customer service back in May asking them if YBF was coming back and they said no. I thought they plan these shows months in advance and they would know what shows are coming up. I wish we could get Tarte cosmetics in uk.

Me too, I love Tarte cosmetics, bought a gorgeous pallet, eye shadows, cream blush, lip glosses etc, off ebay a couple of months ago and it is far superior to anything else I have purcahsed, and I have it ALL. Now if stacey had her makeup manufactured by the same people Tarte use, that would be fantastic. Think we should start a Tarte Campaign!!

Great idea Reflexgirl. Thanks for the tip.:happy: I will look out on ebay for Tarte cosmetics. Was the kit very expensive? I would love to try their blushers.

Great idea Reflexgirl. Thanks for the tip.:happy: I will look out on ebay for Tarte cosmetics. Was the kit very expensive? I would love to try their blushers.

It was about £37 and came in a lovely purple quited box. The eyeshadows are really lovely blendable colours which last all. I have never got on with cream blushers before I tried these, they are so smooth and blend beautifully and stay put. There was another on ebay for £59 the other day, also had mascara and brushes too. Not there now though. Always worth keeping an eye out on ebay i think.

I have always wanted to try Tarte but was never sure where to start. Reflexgirl, have you tried their foundations?

Tarte Tinted moisturiser has very good reviews on MakeupAlley.
Would love to try it.

I love watching Stacy, she is so full of fun, and she used to do her face and hair on the show and she looked marvellous ! She gave encouragements to many on how to apply lipsticks...to thin or make them look bigger, many ways of eye make up and how to apply foundation to shade to minimise the nose or jawline etc. There always use to have many callers on her hours too.
I bought 4 of her TSVs, mainly for her eyebrow pencils and her lipsticks with light and her compacts of eye-shadows, I gave the others products to friends and relatives. One of her TSV ,had a tote bag, and it has been very helpful as shopping and beach bag, I think that bag alone was worth the money.

Most of her product packaging is of very poor quality on all her TSV's , the little plastic compacts of the concealer, foundation have always broken on trying to open:doh: or later the hinges broke because they were very fragile, the ideas behind it was very good, because they contained more than one item.
If they had not broken they would have been excellent value.

Another TSV came in a make-up case with opening-up shelves etc which was of great value,it was filled with her products but the handle came off,:giggle:so the case was useless, I suppose I can repair it with some super glue, but I have it stowed away in my QVC cupboard with all the other QVC products that I have not sent back!!
Her TSVs were all not too expensive, considering the amount of the products they contained.
If I am not mistaken, she was the first one to bring the primer too.
Welcome back, Stacy!

If only Stacey and Mally were on together that would make a show worth watching unlike the usual boring cr*p today.

I liked Stacey..she came across well and was one of the better guests.

I bought a couple of her TSV's and a few bits and bobs...there was no doubt that her stuff was reasonable.

Not sure I feel the same this time around,and thats even assuming its in the same price bracket.With high street make up coming on in leaps in recent years,coupled with QVC's high P&P,I don't think I can be bothered with it all.

I've been really impressed with my high street make up,so its gonna have to a be a wow to make me spend again with her...I never thought her products were of any higher quality.

I hope she's bringing the newer red packaging ( the pink YBF packaging is older stock from the previous QVC and Ideal World incarnation). The reviews on HSN are promising, quite a few averaging 4 out of 5. I've had a rummage and found a few bits of Models Prefer stock-piled and forgotten about including the large duo compact (2 pressed powders in slightly different colours with a large powder puff) which I'd never tried and it's very nice...but how silly of me not to have tried it before now! Note to self: if it's definitely not going to be a gift or sold on ebay get it used up you silly moo! I've probably bought half a dozen pressed powders since I got that!

I'd rather watch Stacey than Mally any day of the week. I think their ranges are of comparable quality but Mally's is way over-priced for what it is. I've bought her TSVs but wouldn't fork out for the single items.

Jude xx

Last edited:
My sentiments exactly re Mally. Looking forward to Stacey coming back. Unsure if will buy, as my full Lori Greiner spinny thing proves to me how much stuff I need to use up first! And my monthly bill for returns p&p. I must be due "the letter", wouldn't give a flying fig if I did get it, but I want it cos others have had it!

Was reading what Donna 255 said about the yellow powder Stacy used to do, and funny enough
i ordered it today, but after reading what Donna said i also ordered the T>Leclerc yellow
powder, so now i can play about with both of them he he

Oh there"s not much i miss, but i totally missed that on QVC. Would have been good for the 30 mbg. Do they still do it , and if not, why not
Question mark

No, unfortunately QVC don't do T.LeClerc now. They only did the loose powder and a few shades. Think it was the Banane and the Vert. Actually I bought my loose when it was on clearance!!!!! Loved it so much bought the pressed version, and it is unbelievably finely milled as well. Its so fine loose or pressed you use so much less and it lasts like forever!

I had a lilac one as well which was great for counter-acting jaundiced skin...though even the yellow powders didn't worsen it curiously enough.

I take the MP yellow powder that comes inside a brush out with me, if it breaks or gets lost it's less of a loss than the T.LeClerc which stays at home.

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back