Yankee Candle TSV........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I find YC very synthetic and cloying. I was given a Jo Malone candle in Wild Bluebell and it is absolutely beautiful. I only wish I could afford to buy them myself!

Love Jo Malone for both perfume and candles. English Pear and Freesia is my current favourite. I think Bluebell is a limited edition.

I like Yankee reeds.
I wonder if we get a choice as the plug ins come in mandarin cranberry and fresh cut roses too???
I like clean Cotton too though having said that!

I like Yankee reeds.
I wonder if we get a choice as the plug ins come in mandarin cranberry and fresh cut roses too???
I like clean Cotton too though having said that![/QUOTE

So will you be buying this TSV then Queenie?

I don't like the electric plug ins at all. My mum has the fresh cut roses and it is way too strong. The reason I burn candles - Prices are my favourite, followed by Yankees - is because the aroma can be as intense or diluted as you wish depending on the scent you choose, and the plug ins are too overpowering. I'm th same with perfume; it is so vulgar, I feel, when your scent enters the room before you do.

I don't mind them on low Louise.I dislike fresh cut roses though so usually go for mandarin cranberry or clean cotton from Yankee doodle.notseen plug ins on QVC for a while though.

I don't think I'll bother. I like Clean Cotton but not everywhere. I like a mixture of fragrance. At the mo am burning Water Garden in the living room, Soft Blanket in the hall, Beachwood in the bathroom and Clean Cotton in my bedroom. Think I'll place another order with Yankee Direct.

Was very disappointed with the Yankee Reed I bought, found it had very little fragrance and oh boy did it disappear fast! :wonder: Am going back to Body Shop ones which are brilliant...am fast becoming a ~Kringle~ fan...will be trying their new smells as soon as my stock pile lessens :blush:

daydreamer

Once again my money is safe and secure in the bank.
Even though I like Yankee spending £130 over 6 months on candles is just to much for me, and for many others.
Why can't we have some nice simple candles that don't cost an arm and a leg.
There is no middle ground these days every thing is either "cheep tat" over priced or sets that include things that are never used.

doubt it Bluebell... there arent that many fragrances available in both the reeds and the electric plug ins.. Fresh cut roses from memory is the only other one...

Havent seen the presentation but I see its on Auto Delivery, the next one is fresh cut roses, one of my favourites, clean cotton is my DDs favourite so am thinking about buying this TSV now,
I need to work out the value to see if its worth it or should I just buy the bits I want individually

Good job this is AD and not a choice. I would have been tempted if I could have bought the Fresh Roses set today.

I think the price without the glass holders would be just over £50 at full rrp, but of course some places are cheaper on different items.

New fragrances are available from 1st April including the intriguing Loves Me Loves Me Not, a white daisy scent.

Which Q are selling in a set now 700544 35.50 plus 5.95 postage, a large,medium and small jar. I want to test it first in a sampler before committing.

Last edited:
Blimey O-******-Riley. £45.96 + £5.95 postage for four boxes of scented tea lights.
Are they having a laugh?

Am i the only one that thinks the packaging for YC looks cheap ? I don't like the label on show, yes i know i could turn the thing round .. but i'd rather not have to.

Have just priced the TSV up on scented candle shop, using the prices for clean cotton
they give you free p&p if you spend over 40 pounds

Plug In 6.25
Reeds 12.79
Tealights 5.99
Med Jar 13.99
Samplers 4 @ 1.59 = 6.36

I make that 45.38 not including the votives
compared to TSV + postage of 42.79 so not a huge bargain
considering QVC's buying power
so I wont be buying

Have just priced the TSV up on scented candle shop, using the prices for clean cotton
they give you free p&p if you spend over 40 pounds

Plug In 6.25
Reeds 12.79
Tealights 5.99
Med Jar 13.99
Samplers 4 @ 1.59 = 6.36

I make that 45.38 not including the votives
compared to TSV + postage of 42.79 so not a huge bargain
considering QVC's buying power
so I wont be buying

Also, by buying elsewhere you can choose your fragrances, so mix and match rather than have all Clean Cotton, yawn ...

Latest posts

Back