Yankee Candle TSV 26/11/2014

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cant justify paying that huge sum of money for yankee votives. anather case of qvc having several hours of yankee selling, with the star of the day not being such a star and more of a damp sqib!

the winners are yankee offloading not such popular merchandise and qvc still selling thier popular yankee items

I was hoping for a christmassy burner and some tarts so I won't be going for this. I sent back the last lot of votives as the 2 or 3 that I burned smelled of absolutely nothing when lit, despite smelling nice in the wrapper. Tarts give out a much better scent for a whole evening.

CC

I was hoping for a christmassy burner and some tarts so I won't be going for this. I sent back the last lot of votives as the 2 or 3 that I burned smelled of absolutely nothing when lit, despite smelling nice in the wrapper. Tarts give out a much better scent for a whole evening.

CC

jill franks is selling the tsv's amazing qualities. it has ribbon and you know how much ribbon costs, also it has a tag.

DD and I were in the Yankee shop in Bristol the other week and both simultaneously sniffed "Snowflake Cookie" - such a cute little label! In a comedy moment we looked at each other, wrinkled our noses and said "FAKE TAN!" :mysmilie_506:

Seriously! You know those cheap fake tans that have an unmistakable biscuit/potato peeling smell once they've developed. :tongue:

We put them back on the shelf and chuckled that we could get a Towie orange tan :sun: for the festive season and achieve the same smell around the house!

The staff frowned at us! :mysmilie_514:

Oh you are so right! I knew Snowflake Cookie reminded me of something not particularly pleasant. This year l am loving Candy Cane Lane, however the medium jar l got is giving a very poor throw! I wish l hadn't bothered with it and just bought a few of the melts which are so much better!

i love my melts you can usually pick some up for way under a £1 and amazon/e-bay do some great deals. i am not impressed with the tunelling of the larger jars. something that yankee are trying to say is the customers fault. you can burn them all day and they still tunnel. they used to be such good value but not now

CC

Same here; I no longer buy votives, as they have no scent whatsoever, plus the tunnelling hides the wick, so I cannot light it, consequently unable to use the last third. Waste of money. I buy more melts, as they last me for about 6 t lights of burn, at least.

Jill Franks talking nonsense as usual "Back by popular demand in as much as hot off the press and new today" EH???

i love my melts you can usually pick some up for way under a £1 and amazon/e-bay do some great deals. i am not impressed with the tunelling of the larger jars. something that yankee are trying to say is the customers fault. you can burn them all day and they still tunnel. they used to be such good value but not now

Indeed. I follow every 'burn rule' going and they still tunnel. Doesn't seem to happen with any other brands, I've started buying Lily Flame candles which are a bit more expensive per pound for the amount of wax, but they burn cleanly, the flame doesn't flicker all over the place, no need to use an illumalid, etc etc.

Tarts all the way for me with Yankee. Trouble is I do lose my self control sometimes and buy a candle cos I like how they look :doh:

Last edited:
jill franks is selling the tsv's amazing qualities. it has ribbon and you know how much ribbon costs, also it has a tag.

Yes, she was talking a load of drivel. Said it was "so clever" how the bow was stuck to the box!

She was also constantly talking over Rosa.

There are so many other candle brands out there to try...

I'm not fond of many of Yankee's scents although I do burn large jars sometimes as they are good at covering up 'wet muddy dog' smells :happy:

I sometimes buy from the UK Scented Candle shop (online) and they have several brands - Seda tins are particularly nice as a bedside candle, also sell Parks, St Eval and Prices. John Lewis have a big selection including Stoneglow, which smell nice although I haven't tried them. HomeSense is good for discounted candles - have often seen Parks and Bahoma there - both good IMO.

I like all of the different Yankee varieties for different places in my home. I also only have a couple of Christmas scents, so I've ordered this TSV. Although I am splitting it with my mother in law. I think it's a lovely little TSV.

And if you were to give them as gifts, they are pretty reasonably priced at £18 a box I think.

its a nice little gift/gifts its just not great value for money. todays special has little meaning,

There are so many other candle brands out there to try...

I'm not fond of many of Yankee's scents although I do burn large jars sometimes as they are good at covering up 'wet muddy dog' smells :happy:

I sometimes buy from the UK Scented Candle shop (online) and they have several brands - Seda tins are particularly nice as a bedside candle, also sell Parks, St Eval and Prices. John Lewis have a big selection including Stoneglow, which smell nice although I haven't tried them. HomeSense is good for discounted candles - have often seen Parks and Bahoma there - both good IMO.

Check out the TKMaxx/qvc thread in the 'reasons not to shop with qvc' section, has several suggestions on good candles found in TKMaxx :)

Latest posts

Back