Yankee Candle TSV 20/1/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have bought some melts in the tsv scents to see what I think of them before I decide if I like them before deciding to go for the tsv, have to say I like all of them so far, they all seem like nice warm smells, the argan oil smelt a bit like incense to me. I still have the cassis one and raspberry to try. I hope they put the shea and aloe Vera ones in the auto delivery, have none of these yet and would like to give them a go

I'm near my local Yankee Candle shop on Saturday, so I think I'm going to pop in and do the same thing :)

I have bought some melts in the tsv scents to see what I think of them before I decide if I like them before deciding to go for the tsv, have to say I like all of them so far, they all seem like nice warm smells, the argan oil smelt a bit like incense to me. I still have the cassis one and raspberry to try. I hope they put the shea and aloe Vera ones in the auto delivery, have none of these yet and would like to give them a go

I did the same! I've wasted money far too often in the past buying the large jars only to find that I don't like them and end up giving them away because postage to return is so costly. I ordered votives off YC.UK (impressed with speed of delivery) so I could cut them up and use them in warmers. My other half has got a real downer on me burning candles at the moment (which is not good when you see the size of my stash!!!). He knows someone who had a serious house fire after one of her cats knocked over a candle on the window sill and she was upstairs. By the time she realised what had happened the whole lower floor was alight and it killed her three cats and she's currently staying with family because the house is uninhabitable. I've received some serious lectures off him on the dangers of candles so am only using tart warmers when he's around.

Anyway, here are my thoughts on the new fragrances:

Morrocon Argan Oil - quite spicy aroma, reminds me a little of men's aftershave (but can't remember which one) but when I burnt it I thought it was a bit "antiseptic" smelling - probably just me though!

Oud Oasis - haven't burnt it yet but it's got a bit of sweet toffee going on.

Frankincense - again haven't burnt it but first impression is spicy but I can smell fly killer!! :grin: You know the waft you get after you've sprayed it around?? It's not heavy though, will burn it and see what comes through.

Shea Butter - quite sweet and creamy smelling, bit similar to baby powder

Aloe Water - fresh smelling, reminds me very much of honeydew melon

Hope this helps!!!

Auto-Delivery Drops are as follows

Drop 2

Cassis, Shea Butter & Aloe Water

Yankee Candle Set of 3 Large Jars (Cassis, Shea Butter & Aloe Water)
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.704250

Drop 3

Cappuccino Truffle, Pain Au Raisin & Tarte Tatin

Yankee Candle Set of 3 Large Jars (Cappuccino Truffle, Pain Au Raisin & Tarte Tatin)
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.704251

Drop 4

Cozy By The Fire, Winter Glow & Bundle Up

Yankee Candle Set of 3 Large Jars (Cozy By The Fire, Winter Glow & Bundle Up)
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.704252

SCW - is there any hint on whether the USA exclusive jars will be available on auto-delivery like they were last year? :mysmilie_59:

Yankee Candle Set of 3 Grand Bazaar Large Jars with Wick Trimmer

QVC Price: £48.00
Today's Special Value Price :£39.88
P&P: £5.95
http://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candle-...ml?sc=NVSTNW&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-24-_-703898

This winter enjoy three new, limited edition fragranced candles - Moroccan Argan Oil, Oud Oasis and Frankincense - all inspired by the sights and scents of exotic travel; plus a wick trimmer to ensure your candles burn perfectly. Create the feeling of a glamorous getaway with this Yankee Candle collection, and introduce the uplifting aroma of exciting destinations into your home.

Each jar (623g) gives a burn time of between 110 - 150 hours
Each candle contains up to 9% fragrance oils
100% cotton wicks for clean burning

Contains:

Spring Fragrances:
1 x Grand Bazaar large jar candle in Frankincense (623g) - a sweet, peppery spice fragrance with balsamic wood undertones
1 x Grand Bazaar large jar candle in Moroccan Argan Oil (623g) - the fragrance of exotic argan oil mixed with hints of patchouli and sandalwood
1 x Grand Bazaar large jar candle in Oud Oasis (623g) - a rich and distinctive fragrance of incense, perfect for creating a luxurious and calming atmosphere
1 x wick trimmer - this handy device ensures you get the best from your candles. Keeping wicks trimmed to 1/8 inch at all times helps control the amount of “fuel” or wax that is present, meaning less soot is formed while the candle is burning. Wicks should be trimmed every four hours of burn time
Fancy a three-piece collection of new season scents year round?

Choose our Auto Delivery option and receive a wonderful season-inspired collection once every three months for three further shipments. It's your chance to be among the first people to receive Yankee Candles Trend Collection fragrances throughout 2015 with four fragrance deliveries of spring, summer, autumn and winter.

Summer Fragrances collection delivered in April:
1 x Pure Essence large jar candle in Aloe Water (623g) - clean, refreshing water blended with soothing aloe to create a wonderful, relaxing fragrance
1 x Pure Essence large jar candle in Shea Butter (623g) - a creamy smooth scent with hints of beautiful fruit blossoms
1 x Pure Essence large jar candle in Cassis (623g) - the lush aroma of blackcurrant berries with a fresh burst of tartness

Autumn fragrances collection delivered in July:
1 x Café Culture large jar candle in Cappuccino Truffle (623g) - a decadent pairing of roasted coffee and velvety chocolate
1 x Café Culture large jar candle in Tarte Tatin (623g) - the sweet fragrance of sweet apples, spices and vanilla
1 x Café Culture large jar candle in Pain au Raisin (623g) - the aroma of cognac soaked raisins baked in buttery vanilla dough and sprinkled with cinnamon

Winter fragrances collection delivered in October:
1 x Christmas Collections large jar candle in Bundle Up (623g) - a scent of fresh linen with a touch of citrus
1 x Christmas Collections large jar candle in Cozy by the Fire (623g) - a warm mix of ginger, clove, and orange combined with woody notes
1 x Christmas Collections large jar candle in Winter Glow (623g) - scent of frosted leaves on snow-covered trees with a strand of evergreens

I'm so tempted to just buy these, but I haven't smelt them and I really think I should before I buy. I think the saving grace for me is that the auto delivery isn't available yet and that is actually what I would order.

you can order early now but not the AD option

http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/sto...word=703898&uattrmb=&ddkey=http:CatalogSearch

This winter enjoy three new, limited edition fragranced candles - Moroccan Argan Oil, Oud Oasis and Frankincense - all inspired by the sights and scents of exotic travel; plus a wick trimmer to ensure your candles burn perfectly. Create the feeling of a glamorous getaway with this Yankee Candle collection, and introduce the uplifting aroma of exciting destinations into your home.

Each jar (623g) gives a burn time of between 110 - 150 hours
Each candle contains up to 9% fragrance oils
100% cotton wicks for clean burning

Contains:

Spring Fragrances:

1 x Grand Bazaar large jar candle in Frankincense (623g) - a sweet, peppery spice fragrance with balsamic wood undertones
1 x Grand Bazaar large jar candle in Moroccan Argan Oil (623g) - the fragrance of exotic argan oil mixed with hints of patchouli and sandalwood
1 x Grand Bazaar large jar candle in Oud Oasis (623g) - a rich and distinctive fragrance of incense, perfect for creating a luxurious and calming atmosphere
1 x wick trimmer - this handy device ensures you get the best from your candles. Keeping wicks trimmed to 1/8 inch at all times helps control the amount of “fuel” or wax that is present, meaning less soot is formed while the candle is burning. Wicks should be trimmed every four hours of burn time

Fancy a three-piece collection of new season scents year round?

Choose our Auto Delivery option and receive a wonderful season-inspired collection once every three months for three further shipments. It's your chance to be among the first people to receive Yankee Candles Trend Collection fragrances throughout 2015 with four fragrance deliveries of spring, summer, autumn and winter.

Summer Fragrances collection delivered in April:

1 x Pure Essence large jar candle in Aloe Water (623g) - clean, refreshing water blended with soothing aloe to create a wonderful, relaxing fragrance
1 x Pure Essence large jar candle in Shea Butter (623g) - a creamy smooth scent with hints of beautiful fruit blossoms
1 x Pure Essence large jar candle in Cassis (623g) - the lush aroma of blackcurrant berries with a fresh burst of tartness

Autumn fragrances collection delivered in July:

1 x Café Culture large jar candle in Cappuccino Truffle (623g) - a decadent pairing of roasted coffee and velvety chocolate
1 x Café Culture large jar candle in Tarte Tatin (623g) - the sweet fragrance of sweet apples, spices and vanilla
1 x Café Culture large jar candle in Pain au Raisin (623g) - the aroma of cognac soaked raisins baked in buttery vanilla dough and sprinkled with cinnamon

Winter fragrances collection delivered in October:

1 x Christmas Collections large jar candle in Bundle Up (623g) - a scent of fresh linen with a touch of citrus
1 x Christmas Collections large jar candle in Cozy by the Fire (623g) - a warm mix of ginger, clove, and orange combined with woody notes
1 x Christmas Collections large jar candle in Winter Glow (623g) - scent of frosted leaves on snow-covered trees with a strand of evergreens

What is Auto Delivery?

If you're keen to stock up on this item, then you can sign up for our Auto Delivery plan, where you'll receive further drops of this item over a specified period, at today's price. Click on the Auto Delivery tab above to purchase this plan.

I received an e-mail to say I could order now which I have done. I only wanted this drop but was asked if I wanted auto delivery.

I just checked my email, followed the link and saw the AD number online. Have just ordered, yay!!!!

nooooo they dont put a price on the wick trimmer normally & just throw it in ive noticed

I'm really disappointed with this now. Maybe it's wrong of me, but I don't see this wick trimmer as a freebie at all. I think the other drops should be al least £5 cheaper.

I looked back at the last large jar TSV I bought and that cost £39.93 which means they are charging us £5.90 for the wick trimmer and then just because they can on all the other drops.

I ordered the TSV on auto delivery because I got the email, but I am seriously considering cancelling it...

Latest posts

Back