Yankee Candle TSV 19/3/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mellow Moments is in Huddersfield, not sure if it's the same as the Leeds branch or a totally different shop. This week bought Canary Banana (or something like that?) in a small jar for £4 which smells divine!

I would love a selection of 20 wax tarts including the new fragrances with a lovely ceramic tart burner ( not electric ). That would be my ideal TSV.

My daughter was given a tart burner as a Christmas gift. She has only ever used one of the wax tarts since then and it just doesn't ever get used up. Is this normal?

I find that I can burn one wax tart for about 2-3 weeks but it depends on how often it is lit of course. x

Thanks for your response VALM. 2-3 weeks is fantastic but what puzzles me is that this particular cranberry tart just seems to go on and on and the level just doesn't appear to go down.

I will definitely be looking out for a tart burner and a big selection of wax tarts as I tend to get bored with the large jars I tend to buy. I just hope that I don't end up with one like my daughter's which looks like it will be around until next Christmas!

Thanks for your response VALM. 2-3 weeks is fantastic but what puzzles me is that this particular cranberry tart just seems to go on and on and the level just doesn't appear to go down.

I will definitely be looking out for a tart burner and a big selection of wax tarts as I tend to get bored with the large jars I tend to buy. I just hope that I don't end up with one like my daughter's which looks like it will be around until next Christmas!

the level on the tarts dont go down

its the fragrance thats supposed to last 8 hours, not the tart itself..

I break the tarts into 4 pieces, so get more use

Thanks baileyboo! This is our first experience with a tart burner and just expected the level of the wax to go down until there was nothing left. What is the best way of removing the wax from the burner?

Thanks for solving this mystery!

Thanks baileyboo! This is our first experience with a tart burner and just expected the level of the wax to go down until there was nothing left. What is the best way of removing the wax from the burner?

Thanks for solving this mystery!

I have the electric burners, I just switch on, wait for the dish to warm slightly underneath, and the remaining wax just slides from the dish in one piece

I must admit, the fragrances seem to last a lot longer than the 8 hours stated, usually a couple of weeks, switched on for a few hours a day.

Last edited:
Thank you! I'll pass this info on to my daughter. I really like the idea of these burners and look forward to one coming up as a TSV soon.

I usually put mine in the freezer for a few min. Then it just slides out and you can put a new one in.

Thank you star234 I'll pass that tip on to her too. Her tart burner is a glass one so I am sure that the wax will come out easily. If it hadn't been for this forum she would have waited for ever fo the wax to be used up.

Another great tip is to put the tart into a silicone baking case as once solid again the slip right out the cases.

Thank you Sazza for yet another great tip. This is one of the many reasons why I love this forum!

Apologies for asking since am not sure if anyone knows. However, does anyone has an idea of what the tsv might be? I would really appreciate any info since would like to know what budget to put aside. I love Yankee Candle! Thank you in advance! x

Me too although only if it's sold as alternate sets. I've never smelt Fresh Cut Roses but am always put off buying it because I remember the old fashioned rose fragrances and can't help thinking it will smell like these. x

thanks Sazza
I like the look of this tsv very much,I have been burning lots of samplers recently,they dont have to be burnt for hours like the larger jars so they are handy to fragrance the room if you only light them for a short time
looks like there will be a choice of smells too...will go for this as I will use all of it
:happy:
now all I have to do is choose which set !!:giggle:

Thanks for the info Sazza

Clean Cotton, Fresh Cut Roses and Baby Powder are 3 of my favourite fragrances so if it's a good price I will be going for it

Thank you Sazza, but my money is safe as I usually go for jars and I have a collection of YC that will last me years!!!

Latest posts

Back