Yankee Candle TSV 16/5/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

has she got an east london accent?

Seems to be the only way to get a job as a guest presenter on QVC these days, Essex/London/Estuary English all the way.

Oh how I miss Leighton Denny for a bit of familiarity for those of us above the Watford gap.

I wish they had more Scottish presenters, as well as a gouple of Geordies thrown in, and maybe since they're so proud of their call centre 'up there in Liverpool' a couple of Liverpudlians. C'mon we don't all live in the south east. Phew Yuck, been wanting to say that for years. I live in Scotland in the south-west to be precise.

I wish they had more Scottish presenters, as well as a gouple of Geordies thrown in, and maybe since they're so proud of their call centre 'up there in Liverpool' a couple of Liverpudlians. C'mon we don't all live in the south east. Phew Yuck, been wanting to say that for years. I live in Scotland in the south-west to be precise.

Totally agree, I'm a Londoner and get mightily bl**dy sick and tired of all those bland South-Eastern accents (mine included). My Dad lives in Norwich now and it's so lovely to go up there for many reasons, one of them being to hear other UK accents!

I'm a Lancashire lass exiled to Sussex 21 years ago (husband's job moved) and I know I have a very watered down accent but I can guarantee if anyone spots my beautiful vowels and the fact I can sound every consonant in a word, any Northerner within earshot will strike up a conversation with me (honest in-your-faceness I really miss). I don't dislike any accent but I don't like lazy sloppy speech (my kids are rolling their eyes!).

I just received my TSV and it has been on 20 minutes (yes, it is on). The tart has barely melted round the edges. Is that normal on these electric burners? With a cheap tealight in my other burner the wax melted within a couple of minutes. I'll maybe hold off chucking out the packaging.

CC

Well it takes time but it does work and the melts are lovely. The actual burner though is quite big and I think it's ugly. It's hidden behind one of my big plants :mysmilie_17: I'm keeping it though as I really wanted the melts and they seem to last longer in the electric burner than with the tealights.

i like my centrepiece that i got in the xmas sale its got a timer for 3/6/9 hours and i can put melts in or the melt cups that came with it. tbh the melts alone are worth the price of the tsv anyway win win.

Well it takes time but it does work and the melts are lovely. The actual burner though is quite big and I think it's ugly. It's hidden behind one of my big plants :mysmilie_17: I'm keeping it though as I really wanted the melts and they seem to last longer in the electric burner than with the tealights.

Yes I went for the tsv after much deliberation, I certainly do not need another electric tart burner but Rosa persuaded me to buy it! And it seemed good value although I did wonder about the size of it. It arrived today and am very pleased with the melts but I agree it is a bit too big and a little ugly, it's a shame the metallic part does not cover most of the burner as I am not keen on the ceramic top bit in the flesh, I will keep it but it's a shame as I think the idea was good but in reality it could be a lot better

Yes I went for the tsv after much deliberation, I certainly do not need another electric tart burner but Rosa persuaded me to buy it! And it seemed good value although I did wonder about the size of it. It arrived today and am very pleased with the melts but I agree it is a bit too big and a little ugly, it's a shame the metallic part does not cover most of the burner as I am not keen on the ceramic top bit in the flesh, I will keep it but it's a shame as I think the idea was good but in reality it could be a lot better

its not great looking tbh i prefer my centrepiece the one thats white and looks like a pebble.but i am a palin jane like that

I just received my TSV and it has been on 20 minutes (yes, it is on). The tart has barely melted round the edges. Is that normal on these electric burners? With a cheap tealight in my other burner the wax melted within a couple of minutes. I'll maybe hold off chucking out the packaging.

CC

At the beginning of this thread, when the TSV was first 'leaked' it was felt that the scentrepiece was the same as one being sold already by Scentsy - and I did wonder, if it has come from the same manufacturer, how the Yankee melts would get on because Scentsy burners heat to a much lower temperature, which is fine for their wax melts which are much smoother than Yankee.
So... if it is taking ages to melt the Yankee melts I'm feeling that they could be the same warmers after all.... which is great as the Scentsy warmer on it's own is nearly £50..... but not really suited to the Crumbly textured Yankee melts

At the beginning of this thread, when the TSV was first 'leaked' it was felt that the scentrepiece was the same as one being sold already by Scentsy - and I did wonder, if it has come from the same manufacturer, how the Yankee melts would get on because Scentsy burners heat to a much lower temperature, which is fine for their wax melts which are much smoother than Yankee.
So... if it is taking ages to melt the Yankee melts I'm feeling that they could be the same warmers after all.... which is great as the Scentsy warmer on it's own is nearly £50..... but not really suited to the Crumbly textured Yankee melts

direct sales companies can be very expensive but thats a lot of money for a tart warmer. i bet the scentsy reps are upset

Well I have put my warmer on today and it looks better now I have found a little space for it in my lounge, but I did wish it was a tad smaller, have to say the melts seem to have a much better throw than others I have purchased recently and the waterfall one is lovely. But they certainly do not melt in only 2O mins, more like 4O mins, it isn't a big deal but customers should not be told something that is clearly not correct and Q should sort the description out on the website so its size is accurate, but can't see that happening

thats an issue scent throw. one thing i have learned from all the years i have been burning scented candles is get them as fresh as possible specially tarts and samplers. i go to the yankee shop near me and the quality is very good and most things have a good throw......if they are made to have a strong throw :smirk:

So far the Mediterranean breeze and the Tuscan vineyard are really nice. Might do the sunset one tonight. Soon going to get through these melts! The burner has been on since about 10am and the scent is still all around the room so definitely lasts longer. With a tealight I get one tealight burn of strong smell then one tealight burn of faint smell and that's it. Just a shame the burner is a bit blahhh. The rose gold one I have looks a bit cheap.

Does anyone remember Partylite candles and holders? I got some years ago at a home sale party and they were really strong scented.

CC

It's such a shame those of you who bought the TSV don't think much of the burner. I actually thought it looked nice in the picture (and expensive) but I think "size matters" a lot with something like this because if it were smaller, it would be "cuter" and automatically less ugly (for me). I'm so glad I didn't go for it - I have no idea where I would put it anyway.

I am still glad I went for the tsv but it does remind me of the size of a scenterpiece one, at least the melts have restored my faith in Yankee as I have been so disappointed when the scent throw on a few of the large jar candles and even the melts, and was going to stop buying them.

Are Partylite still going? I have never been to one of their parties or bought anything from them but one of my friends had a lovely burner from them

Latest posts

Back