WynneLayers Dress TSV 28/04/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Del Boy has been a bit heavy handed with the old fake tan.

could I ask where you would you wear that chiffon bomber jacket at £78 plus post? It’s too fussy for everyday and not good enough for ultra dressy. in particular the black one and the badly puckered silver zip look bad. It’s very M Hope who TBH would make a better job but a lot cheaper. Not that I would wear either!

The fact is to make clothing on that level is expensive and very time consuming. MW is expensive but these items are run up in minutes not hours.
Exactly. Plus cutting on the bias uses much more fabric. The MW frock is obviously cut out as a triangle, so they can cut two garments from a rectangular piece of fabric, hence the fullness being at the sides and not level. They could get only one bias-cut item from the same piece of fabric.

There is such a large profit margin in this dress - probably cost them less than a fiver from the Chinese manufacturers.

What is it with the hems they look like I’ve doubled up the bottom and stitched them. Also all the pockets on everything at midnight seemed puckered to me.

Yes Eric’s Mum but the difference is your Mum knew about cut and construction of garments where ‘House of Marla’ doesn’t. All the flare on this latest offering is on the side seams causing the hem to drop at the sides and that will get worse as it is worn.They will be tripping over the hem before long.
The fabric is of the type to show every lump and bump especially in the light shades, notice the Flint is wearing black.The slim thigh trousers with the flared hem modelled by someone with ample thighs, poor lass was just wanting the floor to open up and swallow her.She must have been wearing a thong or no knicks.But who am I to criticise ?the Marla luvvies are out giving it 5 stars!!More please Marla lovexxxxxxx —-wait until they fall flat on their faces as they trip over those hems.
Those trousers looked awful on the poor model with the material showing every dimple. The same goes for the TSV dress in the lighter colours, especially when the models put their hands in the pockets and pull the material forward.
I have a viscose maxi dress with spaghetti straps I bought 20 years ago from Benetton and though I don't wear it often it has been worn and washed and is as good as new. The material isn't thick but it has a density and weight which makes it fall nicely without clinging. In comparison I have a sleeveless MW balloon dress I bought a couple of years ago and the quality of the material is nowhere near as good; on its first outing my seatbelt rubbed and bobbled the fabric on the shoulder after only 10 minutes in the car. Also, the neck and sleeve openings are just hemmed and look a bit waffly/wavy so I only ever wear it with a jacket.
I have to admit I was vaguely tempted by the black dress but reading your posts here made me decide against it because all of your comments are valid! Thank you!

Yes I’ve noticed before uneven hems, garments hanging strangely that are shorter in areas and looking not right in my eyes.
I don’t know maybe it’s been also the same previously too, but I’ve never been so aware of so badly looking stitching and puckering of her clothing.

Yes I’ve noticed before uneven hems, garments hanging strangely that are shorter in areas and looking not right in my eyes.
I don’t know maybe it’s been also the same previously too, but I’ve never been so aware of so badly looking stitching and puckering of her clothing.
I wonder if they've changed to a cheaper manufacturer. If so, they need a rethink because it shows.

Now I do know Melissa spouts rubbish.
She said I’ve been talking to Sally she’s gonna go have the hairdressers, gonna go shopping, imagine her in her outfit. You know looking fabulous.
Will await to see then.
🤭😂😂

I don’t like flares, I didn’t like them in the 70s so I didn’t buy them, I certainly won’t buy them now.

The problem I have across all the fashion brands featured on Q, is that I will not buy things I know to be made in China. The more expensive clothes are all made in China including MW, so can you imgine the huge profits being made!

I don’t like flares, I didn’t like them in the 70s so I didn’t buy them, I certainly won’t buy them now.

The problem I have across all the fashion brands featured on Q, is that I will not buy things I know to be made in China. The more expensive clothes are all made in China including MW, so can you imgine the huge profits being made!
Love flares and boot legs much more flattering than skinny jeans

Puckering on the hems of several of the demo dresses. Very thin fabric - you can see the models' bra-lines and where the material is doubled over (pockets, hem etc) it's noticeably opaque so you definitely need something underneath. So not quality or value - convenience?

I still want to see the insides of this "premium" brand to make up for what I see on the outside
I wonder if they've changed to a cheaper manufacturer. If so, they need a rethink because it shows.
I think QVC are dishonest when it comes to TSV's. They are not good VFM they are dumbed down to reflect the small saving.

Del Boy has been a bit heavy handed with the old fake tan.

could I ask where you would you wear that chiffon bomber jacket at £78 plus post? It’s too fussy for everyday and not good enough for ultra dressy. in particular the black one and the badly puckered silver zip look bad. It’s very M Hope who TBH would make a better job but a lot cheaper. Not that I would wear either!
She reminds me of Arthur Mullard & that dress did nothing for her.

I ordered a pair of Dannii Minogue high waist pull on jeans. Who would like to guess where they were made?

MW had a nice short jumper on today which I almost considered but it sold out within a couple of minutes - which was a good thing as it was £60! I did like it though.

CC

Can you imagine the reaction these puckered dresses would get on Sewing Bee? :censored: And that's not even discussing the price. I love that programme, btw!

Practically all the women in my family worked in Esat London factories making some fantastic clothing. My Dear mum, mother in law, all her family etc etc. They had skills that are not even used anymore so many corners are cut. I Love sewing to. Made fabulous clothes using Vogue patterns. The cuts and construction you don't see now.

I used to sew all my children's and my clothes but it's much cheaper to buy these days, sadly. I have a very old Elna machine I bought with some redundancy pay (not enough for a Bernina) back in the 80s, money well spent. I still knit, though. My daughter was inspired by Sewing Bee to start making her own bespoke tops etc and she now loves dressmaking. She and other volunteers have each made literally hundreds of reusable masks each for their local hospitals. Without publicity.

Latest posts

Back