Would you take fashion advice from this man?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loverofquiet

Registered Shopper
I really must stop accidentally turning on the television when there is a fashion show on. Yesterday I was overcome with remorse at my fashion horrors of the 1980s, as it is always the 1980s on Q. Having an insomniac moment I woke at 4 something and switched on to find myself looking at Anthony, a designer. What on earth could a man who wears a gold sequinned baseball cap and gold trainers have to teach Q's viewers about fashion?
The clothes were a clinging polyester mix of patterns even more garish than Kim's sofa upholstery. And then within a couple of minutes, DF asked him about his Facebook and Twitter. That's when I knew I don't have insomnia, I was having a nightmare.

Oh dear. I left the television on with the sound off while I went to make a cup of tea. I put the sound back on for a moment, only to find Chuntley on a Centigrade show saying that someone had tweeted in to say she has more than 250 coats, many of them Centigrade. Who is madder, the fashion designers or the audience?

There's always somebody who has 200 coats or 100 Kipling bags or other items. I agree that Q fashions are pretty bad and getting worse,but if that's what people want to spend their money on then that's their choice.i have a couple of Centigrade coats from a few years ago when they sold proper winter coats ,but I wouldn't buy one now.i have been through my impulse buying phase I'm pleased to say I'm more or less cured...........it's saving me a fortune....!

There's always somebody who has 200 coats or 100 Kipling bags or other items. I agree that Q fashions are pretty bad and getting worse,but if that's what people want to spend their money on then that's their choice.i have a couple of Centigrade coats from a few years ago when they sold proper winter coats ,but I wouldn't buy one now.i have been through my impulse buying phase I'm pleased to say I'm more or less cured...........it's saving me a fortune....!

No one said it wasn't their choice what they spend their money.on, but to have 250 coats is extreme by anyones standards............unless your Marks and Sparks ofcourse.

I agree with you on that.I always wonder how on earth people wear the 200coats or bags or what ever it is because I seem to stick to about 5 items even though I have myself gone a bit mad in the clothes department in the past.(not from Q) I have got rid of things with the labels still on them ,never having worn them.I wasted a lot of money.It was a bit of an obsession.

Just tuned into the repeat and the gold cap and trainers are not a good look. He looks like a grown man who is wearing little boys clothes.....

It's a shame because he comes across as a nice man. One thing he's achieved, though, he's toned DBF down on air - always A Good Thing.

I'm very skeptical about the quality of TSV clothes these days. You can get much nicer from Sainsburys or Marks's for far less.

I used to have a bit of an obsession with Birkis and Kiplings and still have about 12 pairs of Birkinstocks and about 20-25 Kiplings but I am cured of my QVC addiction. I buy from other otlets now. I do wonder how you would store 250 coats and the lady with over 3,000 Kiplings must have a couple of spare rooms full of them all.

I really must stop accidentally turning on the television when there is a fashion show on. Yesterday I was overcome with remorse at my fashion horrors of the 1980s, as it is always the 1980s on Q. Having an insomniac moment I woke at 4 something and switched on to find myself looking at Anthony, a designer. What on earth could a man who wears a gold sequinned baseball cap and gold trainers have to teach Q's viewers about fashion?
The clothes were a clinging polyester mix of patterns even more garish than Kim's sofa upholstery. And then within a couple of minutes, DF asked him about his Facebook and Twitter. That's when I knew I don't have insomnia, I was having a nightmare.

Lol Can't believe someone would go on air dressed like that:mysmilie_13:
I think he is a bit eccentric lol

He does seem like a nice man but he looks ridiculous IMO. The clothing range does not appeal to me at all it looks cheap and trashy. As someone else said you can get much better for your money in the High St. stores.

How long has Anthony been rocking the Norman Wisdom look ?
norman.jpg
Mind you Norman`s catchline was " don`t laugh at me cos I`m a fool "
Very befitting at the way Anthony is dressed even though he`s a nice guy and he had the misfortune of launching the tsv with another fool !

When he first came on as a 'new' designer, he wore a normal suit, shirt and tie, so why the change ? and, assuming he's gay, why the need to be OTT for a mainly mature female audience ? It was the same with George Simonton, - he started reasonably dressed and then got wilder the more he was on air, Pompoos was in a category of his own !!!!

Oh good lord another uber camp man flogging polyester monstrosities. No thank you. He looks like a mid 1980's NewYork street kid about to start break dancing, utterly dreadful.

When he first came on as a 'new' designer, he wore a normal suit, shirt and tie, so why the change ?

I'm glad you said that. I thought I'd imagined it. I used to enjoy watching him but now he's just so hyper and over the top. (Have never tried his clothes though.)

Yes he was very smart in the beginning .I think the eccentricity started when he grew that huge handlebar moustache and carried on from then. He got rid of the moustache but got the over the top outfits.

Oh dear. I left the television on with the sound off while I went to make a cup of tea. I put the sound back on for a moment, only to find Chuntley on a Centigrade show saying that someone had tweeted in to say she has more than 250 coats, many of them Centigrade. Who is madder, the fashion designers or the audience?

The T-callers always make me think that they mental health problems in that they are obsessive hoarders and have to 'collect' everything they see in a brand. Surely that's not right.

Last edited:
I had another look at Anthony at 3 pm. Won't even discuss his hat and orange bow tie. I was just struck by the tee shirts he was selling, with sharks tooth sides (? what the heck?). I was open-mouthed at the market stall tat. Then Chloe started interrogated him about how often he tweeted, told us she checked her tweets many times a day.
He introduced some striped tank tops as "these are aristocratic, just like royalty". Kate would have to be very far up the duff to be seen waddling around in his baggy shirts.
Before i hurled myself to the remote control, up came an advert for Lulu G, saying "You don't only get my vastly overpriced plastic bags, you also get MEEEEEE".

I dont' think i will be turning on again for a long time.

Last edited:
Ha ha, yes and Chloe was comparing his designs to Donna Karans .I think DK is over priced as well, but I don't think she uses a version of crimplene as her main fabric.

I had another look at Anthony at 3 pm. Won't even discuss his hat and orange bow tie. I was just struck by the tee shirts he was selling, with sharks tooth sides (? what the heck?). I was open-mouthed at the market stall tat. Then Chloe started interrogated him about how often he tweeted, told us she checked her tweets many times a day.
He introduced some striped tank tops as "these are aristocratic, just like royalty". Kate would have to be very far up the duff to be seen waddling around in his baggy shirts.
Before i hurled myself to the remote control, up came an advert for Lulu G, saying "You don't only get my vastly overpriced plastic bags, you also get MEEEEEE".

I dont' think i will be turning on again for a long time.

He ! he ! loved it.........

AND HER PHILOSOFEEEE is just a wall full of well known proverbs - hardly someone's philosophy for gawds sake !

I cannot believe I'm coming to the defence of Anttttthony! Esp as I have to agree his clothes are far from my thing and do have tendency to look cheap, but he does make me smile :) He is mad and eccentric and dresses to match but I find him sweet and kind - and very entertaining!
His outfits are bonkers - he said last night that he's going to have a Miami Vice period dress-wise (having had his cowboy one!!) so they may get worse!!
Plus I think his tsv sold out early on so someone is buying this stuff ;)

When he first came on as a 'new' designer, he wore a normal suit, shirt and tie, so why the change ? and, assuming he's gay, why the need to be OTT for a mainly mature female audience ? It was the same with George Simonton, - he started reasonably dressed and then got wilder the more he was on air, Pompoos was in a category of his own !!!!
I guess he was trying to establish his brand and appeal to the conservative qvc bods and viewers but once he had, his true ''personality' came through in his outfits!!
Not sure what his sexuality has to do with anything at all?! I don't think he's trying to attract a mate with what he wears!

Latest posts

Back