Worst present ever

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry I can't do links but there is an article about teachers presents on BBC news webpage.

How many of those do you reckon will be recycled to some poor unsuspecting sod?

Sorry I can't do links but there is an article about teachers presents on BBC news webpage.

How many of those do you reckon will be recycled to some poor unsuspecting sod?

There was a thread some while back about teachers' presents (probably in response to Flinty suggesting you buy this pot of Cold Plasma for all the teachers in the school). I think the thread ended with people getting their knickers in a knot about it, as per. I've known a good few teachers in my time and NONE of them have received such extravagant presents as the ones in that article. Clearly they were doing something wrong.

One time at my OH's work Secret Santa, someone bought him an apron with a body with skimpy bra and knickers on the front (you've probably seen them). Well, OH is quite reserved and the very thought to him that one of his colleagues thought he might be "into that" just completely appalled him :mysmilie_15: He left it under the table and even today he still talks about his worst present ever. I think it traumatised him :mysmilie_17: The other one was a Bullseye game from me, he always was going on about Bullseye, Jim Bowen, winning boats when you live in the Midlands etc etc so I thought "loves Bullseye, buy game". WRONG. He still goes on about that one as well . . .

CC

One time at my OH's work Secret Santa, someone bought him an apron with a body with skimpy bra and knickers on the front (you've probably seen them). Well, OH is quite reserved and the very thought to him that one of his colleagues thought he might be "into that" just completely appalled him :mysmilie_15: He left it under the table and even today he still talks about his worst present ever. I think it traumatised him :mysmilie_17: The other one was a Bullseye game from me, he always was going on about Bullseye, Jim Bowen, winning boats when you live in the Midlands etc etc so I thought "loves Bullseye, buy game". WRONG. He still goes on about that one as well . . .

CC

"look what you could have won'...a set of bath towels!

When I bought my first flat my neighbour gave me pestle and mortar. I wasn't particularly enamoured with it but over time I came to really appreciate it. It was made in marble and looked nice on the window sill. It also saved me a fortune as I made my own pesto with my own basil plants and pine nuts bought from the health food shop. I used it to grind peppercorns and special spices to put in my slow cooker casseroles.

If anyone gave me something awful I would have no hesitation in telling them. My ex girlfriend was mean and just "re-gifted" things she had kicking around that she didn't like.

My EX-Mother-in-law (note the EX!) with a big smile on her face handed me a paper bag containing a knitted toilet roll holder in the form of a lady! My EX-husband (note the word EX!) suggested that we use it whenever she visited. Oh yeah! Right!

Some years ago my brother worked as a printer with about a dozen other blokes at the same firm and they had a secret Santa and, because he wasn't married he got a large pot of Vaseline. Now even with a good sense of humour and regardless of his sexual orientation I'm fairly sure many would find this unfunny (Julian your comments about "taking offence" very welcome here). In case they're reading this he got married a few years later to a ballerina 15 years his junior and they've been married about 14 years.

My EX-Mother-in-law (note the EX!) with a big smile on her face handed me a paper bag containing a knitted toilet roll holder in the form of a lady! My EX-husband (note the word EX!) suggested that we use it whenever she visited. Oh yeah! Right!

I've just watched a prog I recorded on TV called something like "So last century" looking back at all the trends in the 1970's to 1990's, and one of those was featured.

Remember them well. Many a house had them. Not mine I hasten to add, but I'm sure there are still patterns in the People's Friend being knitted to this day.

Every time I see the thread title I read it as worst presenter ever!

mentioned it before on here but it still wins the prize for my worst, first year of marriage, my in-laws gave me a kitchen sink utensil caddy complete with washing up liquid and dish cloths. Years later I got a bottle of out of date sparkling wine, made worse by the fact we gave it to them in date the year before. I don't think my in-laws like me!

I've arrived at OH's house for Xmas and we've had a few arguments about totally trivial things already, and I haven't even given her the nicely wrapped LED bulb yet ��

Good grief, strato, how could she NOT like an LED bulb? :mysmilie_59::mysmilie_507:

I've arrived at OH's house for Xmas and we've had a few arguments about totally trivial things already, and I haven't even given her the nicely wrapped LED bulb yet ��

Last edited:
My dear dear mother 'bless her', whom I live with so should in theory know my likes and dislikes (certainly colour-wise, what colours I do and don't wear), bought me a pair of PINK pyjamas. I am not and never have been a 'pink' person. The sentiment behind the purchase was sound, as there were fleecy type ones and were good quality. (Mr Spencer's and Mr Mark's) but, the colour assaults my eyes where I have them on top of the drawers, waiting to 'hopefully' go back to the shop. I don't wish to sound ungrateful but even my mother realised that pink was not my colour, but she thought that the 'snuggleness' would override. IT DOESN'T!

Latest posts

Back