Wonder If YBF Will Last On QVC UK?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was a loyal MF customer, I use MF everyday, bought nearly all the TSVs. Love the concealer, yellow powder, eyeliners etc infact the only things I wasn't enamoured with was the lipsticks and the mascaras. Looked at YbF but refuse to pay the increase in price hence have dabbled with Laura Geller and high street brands and of course good old ebay :)

I don't know why she changed the name of her company - possibly the America thing - but maybe should have kept the name similar. Anyway, I think Models Prefer was hit and miss - mostly miss I am afraid except - she did good value lipsticks, the eyebrow pencil (which I do not use but clearly good), the yellow powder idea and her foundation. Her TSVs were questionable in quality and she has lost her brand integrity. There is not one single identity. Her vitamin thing was a good idea and her idea of moisturising the skin whilst making up was good but some of it did not add up to that quality. She needed a mission statement and she needed to stick to it and that is why LG works because it isn't the best makeup but at least you can understand it and roughly know what you are buying.

imho...

I am feel that perhaps Stacey has shot herself in the foot a bit with this as I wonder how loyal most QVC customers are when we are encouraged to shop around and try other brands...

I see Stacey as a very shrewd business woman who sold her company at it's peak (well at least before the bubble burst). If the YBF range is less successful she may feel it personally but she's only the "face" of the ybf range and her Models Prefer success has already been banked.

I can't remember which company now owns YBF but they've missed the important selling point of the Models Prefer range, where Stacey tapped into our love of buying new and novel items of make up, not because we need them but because many of us are just suckers for something cute or gimmicky which isn't too expensive. The newly launched YBF range is dull by comparison, and the owners are less likely to risk those quirky one-offs which Stacey liked to pass off as her own designs (bless her).

Jude x

From my limited understanding of this QVC US and Stacey kind of fell out and got divorced. There was a lawsuit in 2007. It was something about QVC controlling the brand and Stacey counterclaims that the brand was being devalued because of this.

It was settled out of court in the end I believe. What is strange is that she has been welcomed back with YBF! All hidden in the out of court settlement agreements I guess.

QVC are pretty tough on their vendors.

I see Stacey as a very shrewd business woman who sold her company at it's peak (well at least before the bubble burst). If the YBF range is less successful she may feel it personally but she's only the "face" of the ybf range and her Models Prefer success has already been banked.

Jude x

hi Jude, you are absolutely right! I meant that she could have continued to have further success with the ybf range if not too many changes were made along the way that led to the initial success...I have never been sure if Stacey is the face of the brand because of the legal battle and so the control is still hers but not on paper (ie she has passed it on to someone who holds it in their name legally whom she can trust to sign whatever she wants) Either way, some formulations have changed to allow for cheaper ingredients so this is why I think she will lose her fanbase.

I was fairly loyal to the MP brand and enjoyed using many of her products, although quite a bit of the packaging seemed to fall apart before I’d finished the product, but still, it was fairly priced and pretty good value imo. I haven’t tried any of the YBF (which always makes me think of “You’ve Been Framed”) range for two reasons: bad reviews and expensive items. At £20 plus for most of the products that I’m interested in, I have to think twice and shop around. No more hitting that “BUY!!” button on my Skyplus for concealer that is £23.75 plus the £3.45 p&p charges. I would rather invest in a more professional brand which is going to last longer and the packaging isn’t going to fall apart.

I meant that she could have continued to have further success with the ybf range if not too many changes were made along the way

I assume we can be fairly sure that noone dumps a successful brand and wastes years of marketing for nothing so probably to do with the lawsuit and trading restrictions placed.

Wonder if YBF will last on QVC UK

I assume we can be fairly sure that noone dumps a successful brand and wastes years of marketing for nothing so probably to do with the lawsuit and trading restrictions placed.

I didn't know anything about the lawsuit but I do remember her saying the new YBF products didn't contain a certain item that was very bad for you - long name beginning with 'P' I think but can't remember off the top of my head. I got the impression that was one of the main reasons she launched the new brand.

Wonder if YBF Will Last on QVC UK

:)

I spent years misunderstanding Primark and not setting foot in there til a stylish friend of mine kept mentioning them when I complimented her new purchases. Decided time to give up my snobbish ways and have been mildly addicted ever since.

They never have anything that fits me, except some of the jogging pants. The nearest ones to me always looks like there's a jumble sale going on, clothes all over the floor, etc. Puts me off even going in to look.

I didn't know anything about the lawsuit but I do remember her saying the new YBF products didn't contain a certain item that was very bad for you - long name beginning with 'P' I think but can't remember off the top of my head. I got the impression that was one of the main reasons she launched the new brand.

Yes I remember her saying about no Parabens I think.

Don't quote me but think QVC US sued Stacey and her husband about their contract and then Stacey countersued them.

Whatever the outcome of this just a nuisance that certain items people enjoyed simply disappeared.

They never have anything that fits me, except some of the jogging pants. The nearest ones to me always looks like there's a jumble sale going on, clothes all over the floor, etc. Puts me off even going in to look.

Yes I remember in the early days feeling a bit like that and putting up with it for the odd gems. The change came when they refurbished our local store and it became a more pleasant shopping experience.

Wonder if YBF Will Last on QVC UK?

Yes I remember her saying about no Parabens I think.

Don't quote me but think QVC US sued Stacey and her husband about their contract and then Stacey countersued them.

Whatever the outcome of this just a nuisance that certain items people enjoyed simply disappeared.

Parabens, that was it - thanks!

Latest posts

Back