Will QVC never do named day delivery - always 3-5 working days?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Glittergirl

Registered Shopper
Got me thinking again, was talking to a few people recently about why they rarely buy from QVC.
Main reason is because they never know when the item is coming. They can't sit in for 4/5/6 days waiting on a delivery!
We all know that the stuff comes from a warehouse but if QVC could sort this out I'm sure they would increase orders!?

Many websites name the day with many follow up texts etc. and this suits the customer. Personally, I still order occasionally.

Does this put anyone else off buying? :mysmilie_1:

it does as does the cost of delivery if it even turns up. then its a circus trying to get it redelivered or a refund. to me its the 3o day mbg thats holding them back. if you use an item for any on the 30 days you forfiet the postage you paid

It doesn't bother me. Hermes leaves parcels in the "safe place" I've provided and so does my usual postman, and they both put cards through the door to tell me the parcels are there. If it's not my usual postman and they take the parcel away again I just go online and redirect it to the little post office in the village and pick it up from there.

QVC's next day delivery option (for a fee) was a short-term experiment, wasn't it? Did anyone try it, or try getting a refund when it was not on time?

it does as does the cost of delivery if it even turns up. then its a circus trying to get it redelivered or a refund. to me its the 3o day mbg thats holding them back. if you use an item for any on the 30 days you forfiet the postage you paid

Shame, they would be loads of things if it wasn't for the delivery issues!. :mysmilie_1:

It doesn't bother me. Hermes leaves parcels in the "safe place" I've provided and so does my usual postman, and they both put cards through the door to tell me the parcels are there. If it's not my usual postman and they take the parcel away again I just go online and redirect it to the little post office in the village and pick it up from there.

Not everyone has the privilege of this service or time or convenience. I do, so doesn't usually prevent me from buying but I know a lot who will not buy because of the delivery guidelines. It's not the cost of delivery either, as they usually pay more for next day delivery with many other stores etc. QVC would benefit if they introduced something a long those lines. :mysmilie_59:

I would order more if they did next day delivery with a time slot like DPD do. One problem I have now is you cannot see who is delivering until you have pressed the "buy" button. In the past you found out before you got to that stage.

Not everyone has the privilege of this service or time or convenience. . . . .

All the couriers and Royal Mail offer delivery to a designated safe place, and the online transfer from sorting office to local PO is available to everyone, so you've lost me I'm afraid.

QVC's next day delivery option (for a fee) was a short-term experiment, wasn't it? Did anyone try it, or try getting a refund when it was not on time?

I used the next day delivery option for everything I bought while it was available, and everything turned up the next day without any problems at all. I really liked it. Apparently they had problems in some areas, though, so they suspended the service before the pre-Christmas mayhem but are rejigging it and intend to reintroduce it sometime this year.

I tried the next day delivery once. Took 3 or 4 days. I did get a refund on my total postage but it was ridiculous as they couldn't trace it at all. It went to "out with courier for delivery" and just stayed there til it eventually rocked up.

my suspicion is qvc call it next day but they are not paying the company the next day fee. they just pay the cheapest they can and cross thier fingers

I fail to understand why they cant do 'next day' as standard. I can order from say 'Kaleidoscope' the on line catalogue, before the evening and I receive it the next day, never had a problem.

Incidentally, they advertise that we can return parcels via the Hermes shops - how does that work? my Hermes shop doesn't have weighing scales, so cant give a postage price; and I assume this service isn't free. 'Kaleidoscope' include a returns label via a Hermes shop and there isn't a charge.

Ideal World give you the option to buy a Collect+ returns label for £1.49 when you place your order, so you can return your order for £1.49, the least the multi global, American company that is QVC could offer their loyal customers is that.

Ideal World give you the option to buy a Collect+ returns label for £1.49 when you place your order, so you can return your order for £1.49, the least the multi global, American company that is QVC could offer their loyal customers is that.

Great idea. I suppose they have few enough returns to make it "pay". I should look at Ideal World. I think I have only ever bought two things from them and that was at least 10 years ago, maybe 15 (if it's been going that long).

Great idea. I suppose they have few enough returns to make it "pay". I should look at Ideal World. I think I have only ever bought two things from them and that was at least 10 years ago, maybe 15 (if it's been going that long).

They've changed a lot, for the better the last few years. I've always shopped with both IW and QVC since day one but stopped shopping with QVC a few years ago, for all the usual reasons. I love IW because everything is affordable quality, if you order on line or email it doesn't cost you a penny and their CS are always polite and efficient. I've just ordered a refurbished iPad 4 for £199, got it today and ordered it late Saturday. IW is more me, it's more down to earth with great, quality and affordable products. When you order something (they only use Hermes no matter how small the item) you get about four emails, the third one is your tracking, but you'll only know if it's for you if you try it..............I recommend the Zhuzh products, the Lock And Save dry oil is amazing. :mysmilie_14:

Yes they're into their 17th year now.

Just adding, I mainly just shop off their website, they've got loads of great products on it, unless there's an hour I want to watch of a certain product.

Last edited:
It doesn't put me off buying, but it certainly infuriates me. I buy quite a bit from them because I like the 30 day return, which although this can be found elsewhere, it's by no means widespread and it just appeals to me, plus I can sit and armchair shop either by doing so online or with Qcut which is my norm.

What does infuriate me is that they say 3-5 days, and sometimes this is not so, sometimes much to my great surprise it's 2 days, sometimes more than 5, and the reason it annoys me is that they make such a big thing about their gigantic warehouse, and yet we still have to wait ages for an item to still be showing 'in process' in your account summary up to 2 days after you ordered it.

I shop online all the time, and if any of you do too, you will know that there are small and large companies who deliver - sometimes free, and do so very quickly - these companies are nowhere near the huge size of QVC - now this makes me angry, if those companies can do it - Q should be able to do it - what's more, they need to cut their delivery costs - goodness knows they can afford it.:mysmilie_10:

All the couriers and Royal Mail offer delivery to a designated safe place, and the online transfer from sorting office to local PO is available to everyone, so you've lost me I'm afraid.

Referring to named day delivery to the home, not some place and any day not specified.

It doesn't put me off buying, but it certainly infuriates me. I buy quite a bit from them because I like the 30 day return, which although this can be found elsewhere, it's by no means widespread and it just appeals to me, plus I can sit and armchair shop either by doing so online or with Qcut which is my norm.

What does infuriate me is that they say 3-5 days, and sometimes this is not so, sometimes much to my great surprise it's 2 days, sometimes more than 5, and the reason it annoys me is that they make such a big thing about their gigantic warehouse, and yet we still have to wait ages for an item to still be showing 'in process' in your account summary up to 2 days after you ordered it.

I shop online all the time, and if any of you do too, you will know that there are small and large companies who deliver - sometimes free, and do so very quickly - these companies are nowhere near the huge size of QVC - now this makes me angry, if those companies can do it - Q should be able to do it - what's more, they need to cut their delivery costs - goodness knows they can afford it.:mysmilie_10:

Agreed, now that's my point! Many online sites do it and they will text you with exact details on the day and some even give you approx. time windows. It's the not knowing when the items are coming that I'm mainly referring to.
It works the other way too, I've had things delivered quicker than suggested and again you can miss them because you are not in! This has happened to me a few times! If other smaller retailers can do it then why can't QVC? :mysmilie_5:

Latest posts

Back