Wiggy Lee The Acer guy's terrible habit.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Simon Sims

Registered Shopper
I know i'm not the biggest fan of 'Wiggy" Lee, but he also seems to have a terrible habit of sniffing and slurping his saliva as he talks -- he must dribble or something.

Surely the products he demonstrates do not make him salivate that much. Lol

I have noticed this before but not mentioned it so it can't be a cold - it just seems to be a very annoying habit he has picked up. In fact it is hard to watch his shows.

Anyone else notice?

Perhaps he should be known as Sniffy Lee???????

I know i'm not the biggest fan of 'Wiggy" Lee, but he also seems to have a terrible habit of sniffing and slurping his saliva as he talks -- he must dribble or something.

Surely the products he demonstrates do not make him salivate that much. Lol

I have noticed this before but not mentioned it so it can't be a cold - it just seems to be a very annoying habit he has picked up. In fact it is hard to watch his shows.

Anyone else notice?

Perhaps he should be known as Sniffy Lee???????

I would imagine he suffers with his sinus I have the same problem and it is apart from making me embarrased it is extremely painful.

It's a pity Acer couldn't find a presenter as perfect as yourself.

My Mom has suffered with her sinuses all her life in fact she has a misplaced bone in her nose - but she doesn't sniff or salivate.

Cazzie it wasn't a personal attack of you - thank you for the vote of confidence as the new Tech presenter for QVC. :clapping:

I didn't take it as a personnal attack, but if you can't breathe through your nose then you breathe through you mouth hence he sounds like he is salivating as it is very difficult to breathe and swallow at the same time. Blocked sinuses means that you cannot breathe through your nose and that is exactly how Lee sounds. I just think that some of your comments are some times below the belt and done for a 'cheap laugh' at the expense of someone else.

Edited to add, that is not a personnal attack on you just my observations.

Nervousness causes salivating as well as dry mouth, he does present a difficult hour compared to bedding. Though in JF case, I don't think it's nerves!

I didn't take it as a personnal attack, but if you can't breathe through your nose then you breathe through you mouth hence he sounds like he is salivating as it is very difficult to breathe and swallow at the same time. Blocked sinuses means that you cannot breathe through your nose and that is exactly how Lee sounds. I just think that some of your comments are some times below the belt and done for a 'cheap laugh' at the expense of someone else.

Edited to add, that is not a personnal attack on you just my observations.

he shouldn't be on telly then should he. or you for that matter (in case you were considering a career on BBC news). i dont want to hear people snorting or swallowing snot on the tv.

edited to add, yes that IS a personal attack on you if you or any other snotgobbler wants to be in broadcasting.

Last edited:
he shouldn't be on telly then should he. or you for that matter (in case you were considering a career on BBC news). i dont want to hear people snorting or swallowing snot on the tv.

edited to add, yes that IS a personal attack on you if you or any other snotgobbler wants to be in broadcasting.

Nice - thank you very much

Nice - thank you very much

cazzie, i'm not a fashion model because i'm too old and fat. I'm not a tv chef because i cant cook. i'm not a QVCpresenter because i cant present.

please dont pull the politically correct card just because someone dared to suggest that Wiggy Lee has a snot problem that sounds offputting.

and if you care to read my post it said it was an attack on you IF you were planning to go into broadcasting.
which i assume youre not.

Julia's a bit of a slurper.

Not a criticism, just an observation.

Jude xx

Yes she is and I'm glad you said it first Jude cos I would have been jumped on by Burlz. :wink2: Not to mention her lady admirers...:devil:

Oi!! Where's me proper pink colour gone?? :mysmilie_503:

Yes she is and I'm glad you said it first Jude cos I would have been jumped on by Burlz. :wink2: Not to mention her lady admirers...:devil:

Oi!! Where's me proper pink colour gone?? :mysmilie_503:

the only thing JR slurps on is simon wilson's bum-hole

He's just said he has hay fever-methinks he has been reading the posts on here.

When i criticized his hair lasttime he did mention he had read comments on here. :rock:
I bet a lot of presenters and staff at QVC read our threads.

Oops, you will have to be PPPC - Pale Pink Pussy Cat - from now on!

Haven't seen any of the above, and I certainly haven't noticed Julia doing it - shall have to watch out for it! I am a sinus sufferer tho - I do hope I don't snot & spit over all & sundry!

When i criticized his hair lasttime he did mention he had read comments on here. :rock:
I bet a lot of presenters and staff at QVC read our threads.
As someone has said on another post, you do seem to have a bit of a thing for him.

Anything which detracts from the presentation of an item for sale is worthy of comment in my book, whether it's a poor grasp of English or a distracting speech or breathing anomaly. They're in the business of communicating by a visual and audio medium and anything which undermines the presentation of the product must be of concern to QVC. No doubt QVC keeps on guests and presenters who shift lots of units inspite of their obvious weaknesses; but we've all said there are individuals who, for very subjective reasons, make us change channels so I don't believe forum members should be criticised for their opinions.
In the communications industry, isn't the aim the clear communication of the message without distractions? Sniffing, slurping, repetitive catch-phrases, long-fringes, large facial mole, well-worn flipflops or whatever detract from the individual's reception of the message. Maybe it can't be helped but it may still be distracting. No I'm not perfect either but then I'm not on TV purporting to be an expert.
Who knows why Lee sniffs? Whether he's got hay fever or snorts cocaine we don't know so I can't see the value in speculating about the causes but I do think it's valid for a forum member to comment that it's detracting from their viewing of a product.
Just out of interest would you be less sympathetic about a presenters sniffing if it were as a result of cocaine abuse than chronic rhinitis? Would it be any less distracting?

Many of us have a subjective dislike of certain presenters, I don't think Simon is particularly unusual in this respect.

Jude x

PS I am not saying that anyone on QVC uses cocaine, just to be clear.

Anything which detracts from the presentation of an item for sale is worthy of comment in my book, whether it's a poor grasp of English or a distracting speech or breathing anomaly. They're in the business of communicating by a visual and audio medium and anything which undermines the presentation of the product must be of concern to QVC. No doubt QVC keeps on guests and presenters who shift lots of units inspite of their obvious weaknesses; but we've all said there are individuals who, for very subjective reasons, make us change channels so I don't believe forum members should be criticised for their opinions.
In the communications industry, isn't the aim the clear communication of the message without distractions? Sniffing, slurping, repetitive catch-phrases, long-fringes, large facial mole, well-worn flipflops or whatever detract from the individual's reception of the message. Maybe it can't be helped but it may still be distracting. No I'm not perfect either but then I'm not on TV purporting to be an expert.
Who knows why Lee sniffs? Whether he's got hay fever or snorts cocaine we don't know so I can't see the value in speculating about the causes but I do think it's valid for a forum member to comment that it's detracting from their viewing of a product.
Just out of interest would you be less sympathetic about a presenters sniffing if it were as a result of cocaine abuse than chronic rhinitis? Would it be any less distracting?

Many of us have a subjective dislike of certain presenters, I don't think Simon is particularly unusual in this respect.

Jude x

If you think someone on QVC snorts up, why not say it? Not saying that anyone is, mind you :cool:

Jude x

Perfectly put and I agree with you it is distracting and if Simon or anyone else had written it that way I would have agreed with them.

Latest posts

Back