Why's Alison Young looking so dolled up these days?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wonder if she reads this as she seemed to mention her hubby lots of times last night or maybe I just picked up on it because of the discussion on here. She did seem a bit OTT last night but it didn't stop her from interrupting and talking over the guests.

I noticed that too and thought the same thing. I think certainly her and JR used to read the forum and probably still do even if it's sporadically.

I think she looks really awful these days. Her hair quickly went out of shape-predictably-and she just looks mumsy to me. Yet she has the nerve totell other people they should have a makeover!I find her really overpowering these days too. Why they bother putting any guests on with her I don't know-I saw her with Alexis yesterday and she was talking over the top of her,cutting her dead and getting louder and louder.I feel sorry for her husband-at least I can switch her off!

Well, she says she us really quiet at home, she is just overly passionate about beauty products, that's all. I have to be in the mood for her though, before I can watch her.

I thought her new hairstyle looked lovely when she first had it done so it's a shame she's letting it slip. I agree 12 weeks is far too long to go between cuts if you want to keep the style. The other day I thought her hair growing out made her face look triangular and very broad across her jaw which made her look heavier. I get my hair done every five weeks and I'm not on the telly trying to sell things to make people look good.
She's probably realised that it isn't long enough to put into a bun which she will have to do if she is competing. You have to be really good with hair to get away with short hair and an artificial bun.

Time and money are also part of the problem. You need both to shop for decent clothes and get a decent hair cut.

(Sorry, you probably haven't a clue what I'm talking about. She has horses. By all accounts schools them herself and shows them. No time for anything else. I'm fascinated to know how she keeps her hands in such good nick if she really does all her own mucking out and grooming and foot picking and tack cleaning. Would that I knew her secret!:envy:)

I would have thought that QVC would have had a resident coiffeur to make sure everyone looked smart about the head.

katiesallybliss - sorry Katie, you should have shouted louder.....earlier! lol
Imagine a very horsey person who on realising they're about to go to work, realises they only have three clean items of non-horsey clothing in the entire house, so puts them all on, regardless of whether they suit their skintone, match or anything else!

Therefore, you might end up with a bright red dress & a small pale fawn shrug cardi, the latter being impossible to see as it virtually matches the colour of her skin! Or, a pair of black tights, a short tarty skirt & a purple blouse with frills & ruffles on that looks a bit Victorian, kind of! Scary stuff! lol

Kitten, you have absolutely no idea of how accurate you are. You speak for horse-y persons the world over :D

I think AY looks more glam these days - makeup and hair wise, I think sometimes her cloths look fab and other times not so much but she doesn't claim to be a fashion expert and as far as i know there aren't stylists on QVC. I think maybe she dosen't always wear the best items to suit her shape but hey ho who looks fantastic everyday I know I have some clothes I favour over others that I think flatter my shape better.

I think AY looks more glam these days - makeup and hair wise, I think sometimes her cloths look fab and other times not so much but she doesn't claim to be a fashion expert and as far as i know there aren't stylists on QVC. I think maybe she dosen't always wear the best items to suit her shape but hey ho who looks fantastic everyday I know I have some clothes I favour over others that I think flatter my shape better.

I know what you mean that we don't all look great every day but the items AY sells are about making us look good so the whole look is quite important. There are personal shoppers out there, probably a lot more in London than out in the sticks where I live. They will select things that suit the clinet's shape and colouring with the added bonus that the client can mix and match the items they suggest. The black outfit with thick tights that AY wore on a hot day just looked wrong, a sylist or personal shopper could pick things that suited her style which given she's an outdoors type is possibly more relaxed.

I know what you mean that we don't all look great every day but the items AY sells are about making us look good so the whole look is quite important. There are personal shoppers out there, probably a lot more in London than out in the sticks where I live. They will select things that suit the clinet's shape and colouring with the added bonus that the client can mix and match the items they suggest. The black outfit with thick tights that AY wore on a hot day just looked wrong, a sylist or personal shopper could pick things that suited her style which given she's an outdoors type is possibly more relaxed.

Very true - I could do with a stylist myself I think :) I'm pretty stuck in a rut in that I always wear trousers because i think they suit my shape or rather lack of it lol. I wear fitted tops as I'm an athletic build and find empire line or loose fitting make me look bigger than I am because I have broad shoulders. I look at some people who dress fabulously but I wouldn't know where to start outside of my comfort zone.

I think most of us either have our comfort zone that we stick to - or else we buy what's in the shops regardless cos "it's the fashion".

I just noticed that AY was looking different and wondered if she'd had any outside advice - or pressure - to change or conform to some telly presenter ideal.

I like that she's an individual, and I guess I don't really care what she wears tbh. (She could come on in a terry towelling bathrobe for all I care! )

It was the reason for the change I was more interested in. I didn't like to think of anybody telling her what to do. (that's her job!) :D

I think most of us either have our comfort zone that we stick to - or else we buy what's in the shops regardless cos "it's the fashion".

I just noticed that AY was looking different and wondered if she'd had any outside advice - or pressure - to change or conform to some telly presenter ideal.

I like that she's an individual, and I guess I don't really care what she wears tbh. (She could come on in a terry towelling bathrobe for all I care! )

It was the reason for the change I was more interested in. I didn't like to think of anybody telling her what to do. (that's her job!) :D

I think its great when she very very rarely wears her beauty therapist get up - she looks very officious then :)

Latest posts

Back