WHY?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have stopped shopping in certain branches of boots because they have replaced the human beings with those self service checkouts. I despise them. It's stressful enough having to struggle with 2 kids, pay for a couple of things, try to redeem coupons and get my advantage points. I don't want to be forced to use those awful contraptions that always go wrong when I use them and I end up leaving the store, sometimes ababdoning my purchase completely because I feel so stressed. Some "customer experience" that is! It also angers me that probably 3 people lost their jobs for those darn things.

Despite trying not to I always find myself snapping back at them "yes ok ok!" when barked at to insert card or take shopping at the end of a streeful day.

Despite trying not to I always find myself snapping back at them "yes ok ok!" when barked at to insert card or take shopping at the end of a streeful day.

me too, whilst a queue of people behind tut and roll their eyes.

And whilst having a rant... ****** Asda! I often want to hunt down that woman who likes the sound of her own voice harping on about the special offers of the day with her blinkin microphone. If I actually found her the microphone would end up where the sun don't shine.

I actually hate shopping. This thread has reminded me why I shop with QVC or Amazon!

And whilst having a rant... ****** Asda! I often want to hunt down that woman who likes the sound of her own voice harping on about the special offers of the day with her blinkin microphone. If I actually found her the microphone would end up where the sun don't shine.

I actually hate shopping. This thread has reminded me why I shop with QVC or Amazon!

You and me both Weathergirl!!! People look at me like I have two heads when I say that!! I like online shopping, just despise real life shopping, with real people :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I HATE those self service tills, they always go wrong when I use them and you spend as much time waiting for an assistant to sort it as you do standing in a regular que (sp) and I HATE being asked "did you find everything you wanted", they once asked me that in dunelm and I said yes I has found quite a few things I wanted but could not actually afford, which was not the reply the assistant was expecting. Not bought anything from Q lately so not had the fulsome praise they are now doling out.

"Unexpected item in the bagging area" is the phrase that makes my heart sink!

Jude xx

"Unexpected item in the bagging area" is the phrase that makes my heart sink!

Jude xx

Yeh because you know you've been rumbled and you're going to have to pay for that bottle of prosecco after all :wink:

Can you imagine how much effort and time must go into weighing every single stock item and keeping that information up to date so that the machine knows if you've bagged it or not? Must cost a fortune.

Nah that's already in my capacious Kipling bag on the floor between my feet.

Jude xx

I use the "self-scan as you shop", but every time I get to the paytill I get selected for a "random" check.

Probably noted you've been buying a lot of knife sharpeners LOL Check out the item earlier on the 16.00 show. Its a hand held steamer, on
advanced orders , and i instantly thought of you getting that for a present for your OH for this Christmas

Last edited:
I was at was of those self scan check out machine things recently when an old dear in front of me managed to shove her ten pound note in the bit that spits out your receipt! The assistant (who was also helping 3 other people with their unexpected items in the bagging area) was so harrassed by her she ended up shouting at her for breaking the machine! Plus the old lady was buying a pot plant and there was ****** soil everywhere.

Latest posts

Back