Why Will?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry, did I give the impression I was interested? My mistake...................but like I said, it's not what you know hey?
No need to be snarky I was just explaining why he was perhaps allowed to propose to his partner on air whilst other people haven't done! And if you're not interested in the topic why are posting in a thread about it?

So basically your post boils down to ''I like will... so don't post bad things about him'' ?

If I'd meant that I would've written it ;)
Do like him (or at least what v little I've seen of him on screen he seems polite and pleasant) but you can say what you like about him, just seems a bit much to blame him for lack of clarity in his role and 'purpose'.. Hey ho!

Who's blaming him for that? You quoted my post which didn't imply that in the slightest.

I think he's quite sweet but I can't work out his function. Is he a demonstrator, presenter, continuity man or just a gopher? It's a little bit distracting because I'm trying to work out why he's there when he's reading emails or whatever that I should be listening to. Surely presenters can read their own emails out?

No need to be snarky I was just explaining why he was perhaps allowed to propose to his partner on air whilst other people haven't done! And if you're not interested in the topic why are posting in a thread about it?

Now, now don't get snarky, I was meaning how he's favourited, didn't want his llife story because believe it or not no, I'm not interested, but anyway, I'm quite clever though really, were as I can comment on things I'm not really interested in, it's fascinating, many people can do it.

Last edited:
I`ve had a chuckle at this thread because I don`t about you guys but wherever I`ve worked there`s always been at least one person who everybody else questions " what exactly is his/her job ? ". You know the type of thing, a secretary having a secretary, a sales person having another sales person by his or her side, a boss who has everybody else do his/her work for them, a bank having only one cashier yet 4 people wandering around with clip boards and so on and so on. It seems a way of life these days and Q appear to be no different. I reckon Will is much like the rest of us and simply happy to have a job and I daresay he questions his own role at times and is frustrated but TV is one of those places where any foot in the door, even as a tea lady or sweeper upper is welcomed by a lot of people, obviously including Will.

It appears to be the ambition of most young people to get on the 'tele' and be famous for bugger all (and for a lot of no mark "celebs" it has) , so if it means getting exposure with a clip board, then it has to be done ! Sad, but there we are.

Now this has nothing what so ever about him being gay - but I never feel comfortable with public proposals. I cringe when you see it on TV shows and on the radio or big gestures in the middle of shopping centres etc. Keep it to yourself!

Although I do buy from QVC, strange as it may seem I don't watch that much of it. I usually catch up online with what has been shown throughout the day, so I haven't noticed these things before, i.e. Alison having to have someone to deal with the technological bits. Now I have seen it, find it rather odd. I do have opinions but try to be objective rather than subjective by trashing someone's smile or legs or whatever. On Will's proposal, I expect QVC thought the viewers would like it. Speaking of Ipads, yesterday when Dale was presenting a Yankee Candle hour, they went to a break but the camera was still on him, his smile turning into rictus, whilst he picked up his own Ipad. They all do it, shopping telly, sports channels, they all ask for tweets and feedback, it's the way these days but why Alison cannot 'get with the programme' is strange. I feel sorry for Will actually.

I don't feel in the least bit sorry for him, nice though he is. He's probably well paid for doing what he does and seems to enjoy it. He's chosen to put himself in the public eye, after all. I think QVC are at fault for having one extra and unnecessary salaried person on screen which (repeating) we the customers pay for. And, as the old saying goes, the one who pays the piper calls the tune. Train the presenters in IT properly so there should be no need for anyone else except the guest and model(s). Surely in this day and age, being a "resident beauty expert" shouldn't mean you automatically shy away from all technology. After all, the more techy guys present the odd beauty show, and Jill Franks (bless her little cotton socks) has even presented a technology hour, so why shouldn't all presenters be trained up to a minimum standard so that they can present whatever show scheduling demands? Isn't flexibility the name of the game these days, resident beauty expert or not? Same applies to the other presenters who make a virtue of being non-tech-savvy, such as Julia Roberts and Claire Sutton. QVC, spend some of my hard-earned money on training up presenters in IT.

Although I do buy from QVC, strange as it may seem I don't watch that much of it. I usually catch up online with what has been shown throughout the day, so I haven't noticed these things before, i.e. Alison having to have someone to deal with the technological bits. Now I have seen it, find it rather odd. I do have opinions but try to be objective rather than subjective by trashing someone's smile or legs or whatever. On Will's proposal, I expect QVC thought the viewers would like it. Speaking of Ipads, yesterday when Dale was presenting a Yankee Candle hour, they went to a break but the camera was still on him, his smile turning into rictus, whilst he picked up his own Ipad. They all do it, shopping telly, sports channels, they all ask for tweets and feedback, it's the way these days but why Alison cannot 'get with the programme' is strange. I feel sorry for Will actually.

Saying someone is "standing there like a lemon" is hardly being objective.

Now this has nothing what so ever about him being gay - but I never feel comfortable with public proposals. I cringe when you see it on TV shows and on the radio or big gestures in the middle of shopping centres etc. Keep it to yourself!

Yep, I agree with you on this. I'll admit to not even being aware that Will was gay, so to find he was proposed to on air by his now 'husband' raised my eyebrows a bit. I know its my age in getting used to an "anything goes" attitude now, but I do find the 'feminisation' of men hard to swallow. Listening to Craig talking about his beauty regime and taking his handcream on holiday is something I can't get to grips with. My Dad and grandfathers were all burly coalminers, and I was brought up on a diet of watching films with the likes of Burt Lancaster, Robert Mitchum et al (ok I realise even these guys could be camp off screen), but getting used to the 'men' of today who are in 'boy' bands in middle age and spending more time in the bathroom than me, is still very alien to me.

All I ask in a man is for him to be really really clean (hair nails and no BO) and if he has dry skin to put some sort of lotion on it but just as you say, I dont want one who spends ages in the bathroom and has a beauty routine which costs more than mine (which is pretty minimal)

Will and AY kept on about his pre wedding beauty routine - which I have to say made me want to tell him to get a grip!

Why do people interpret posts to suit themselves, and assume they know what the poster intends to imply?

Yep, I agree with you on this. I'll admit to not even being aware that Will was gay, so to find he was proposed to on air by his now 'husband' raised my eyebrows a bit. I know its my age in getting used to an "anything goes" attitude now, but I do find the 'feminisation' of men hard to swallow. Listening to Craig talking about his beauty regime and taking his handcream on holiday is something I can't get to grips with. My Dad and grandfathers were all burly coalminers, and I was brought up on a diet of watching films with the likes of Burt Lancaster, Robert Mitchum et al (ok I realise even these guys could be camp off screen), but getting used to the 'men' of today who are in 'boy' bands in middle age and spending more time in the bathroom than me, is still very alien to me.

My grandfather and father were both worked in the pit and I too remember those silver screen heroes. I don't think it's bad that men have begun to take more care of themselves and paying attention to grooming. It's sad that a lot of old-fashioned men probably think it's a bit poncey to be faffing about with creams, lotions and potions.

Why do people interpret posts to suit themselves, and assume they know what the poster intends to imply?

I'm not clear what your post refers to; perhaps you'll clarify. But to answer your general question, people either interpret posts/statements/whatever in the way they would prefer to see it, or they consider all the options and adopt the most logical interpretation. Sometimes the two are the same, sometimes not.

It's just like general conversation - you start comparing the price of Daz and end up moaning about doctor appointment waiting times .

I don't mind it at all (maybe I'm the guilty party?)

It's just like general conversation - you start comparing the price of Daz and end up moaning about doctor appointment waiting times .

I don't mind it at all (maybe I'm the guilty party?)

I can`t use Daz cos it makes me itch and getting a Doctor`s appointment near me is almost impossible Cissy. My old man says " now Ada what do you want to go bothering the Doctor for , I`ve told you it`s those laccy bands around the tops of your stockings causing the swollen ankles ". So I tells him " Bert my ankles are the only swollen things I`ve seen in many a year " ( hitches breasts higher whilst leaning on garden fence a la Les Dawson ) ...

I would hate being proposed to in any public arena,let alone on live tv. So embarrassing. Imagine if you wanted to say no.

Latest posts

Back