Why Will?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Alison K is getting married to her QVC cameraman as well. Come on you never spotted the diamond ring???

Will seems to do a lot via online, chats with upcoming TSVs for beauty, you get it coming up on Facebook. Apart from DF the presenters don't seem to do that sort of thing(but of course she only does her own groups web chats with the guests), the rest have no interest . Well sometimes AY does them with Will as if he is interviewing her about the products. As he mainly works with AY can't see him as full time presenter.

Oh no I've got a real sense of déjà vu all over again. Every so often there seems to be a thread about what Will's role is... If you want to know how he describes himself here is his LinkedIn page:
https://uk.linkedin.com/pub/will-gowing/23/bb0/384

He's obviously a presenter! Maybe not one of the main presenters but probably a co-presenter who also acts a social media agent in many shows. I imagine he began as a runner or something behind the scenes - or maybe social media guy back stage - and was brought on to air initially as an aid for digitally incompetent Alison Young?

It's not his fault he doesn't have as clearly defined role as you would like and doesn't have a big arrow with his job title on it over his head ;) I know people find him a bit irritating but I like him and think he's very professional every time he's on screen. Much more so than some a could mention!

No, it's not his fault and who can blame him for making the most of what he's given but I don't see what he adds to the demonstrations, except extra expense (which we pay for), nice though he is. If he's presenter material, make him a presenter, and if he's there to prop up various presenters' IT failings, then the solution is - more training for those presenters - or get rid if they can't do the job and let Will take over.

im sure way way back will gosling used to be a demonstrator on some of the techie items, sure i remember seeing him.

dause if he met his partner at work, a decade ago, he would have been working there.

congrats to ali k, after all she has been through she deserves happyness, heard her say on easiyo launch her daughter is expecting her baby anytime soon

I've just seen a trailer for AYBNI and Will is explaining how people can avail themselves of Alison's expertise whilst she just stands at the side of him. Quite honestly it's strange that although she boasts that she is technologically ignorant but doesn't look in the least bit embarrassed at having a PA on screen. I don't know how the channel allows this.

I've just seen a trailer for AYBNI and Will is explaining how people can avail themselves of Alison's expertise whilst she just stands at the side of him. Quite honestly it's strange that although she boasts that she is technologically ignorant but doesn't look in the least bit embarrassed at having a PA on screen. I don't know how the channel allows this.

Makes me laugh that trailer. Talk about vaseline on the lens. They're both so pale and smooooooth. Unfortunately, Will's sandy hair has taken on an orange tinge in all that special effects trickery.

The thing I love about all the Will and his iPad tosh is that he's endlessly inviting people to text and tweet and bollock on in every which way. Unfortunately hardly anyone seems to, so the next time we "go over to Will" he's repeating the same plea for us to text and tweet and bollock on. When will the powers that be get the message? You're a telly shop not a social network. Nobody's interested in interacting with AY or her sidekick.

Q are under the misapprehension that every one of their viewers are 'connected'.

I've been with Q since 2003, ordering via Q cut or by phone. Two months ago I wanted to order online, but I had to register my email address, so I did. Today I received a card and a new membership number welcoming me as a member of QVC !!!!! WTF ???? So I rang CS and dis-membered myself (that's a good word).

The staff at Q are young, and have yet to realise that Twitter, F/Book, Instagram, Apps etc, are methods of communication that are addictive to those under a certain age - whilst the rest of us manage to survive without them, strangely.

Oh no I've got a real sense of déjà vu all over again. Every so often there seems to be a thread about what Will's role is... If you want to know how he describes himself here is his LinkedIn page:
https://uk.linkedin.com/pub/will-gowing/23/bb0/384

He's obviously a presenter! Maybe not one of the main presenters but probably a co-presenter who also acts a social media agent in many shows. I imagine he began as a runner or something behind the scenes - or maybe social media guy back stage - and was brought on to air initially as an aid for digitally incompetent Alison Young?

It's not his fault he doesn't have as clearly defined role as you would like and doesn't have a big arrow with his job title on it over his head ;) I know people find him a bit irritating but I like him and think he's very professional every time he's on screen. Much more so than some a could mention!

So basically your post boils down to ''I like will... so don't post bad things about him'' ?

I love how the advert shows her applying cream to a model... yet all she has done for the last year (or more) is stand and talk, talk, talk. While the customers cover the expense of having four people on screen to demonstrate one product.

I see he describes himself as a live presenter on Q. Does that mean the rest are the walking dead?

That's a series I'd love to see - QVC and the Zombie Apocalypse. AY would try to cure the zombies with skincare. Jilly Jones would fight them off with blocks of fudge and Richard Jackson could spray them with whatever tosh he's trying to flog this week. Rick Grimes from the Walking Dead could bump off all the useless presenters. I think this is worth a try :grin:

Just watching Alison's beauty night in doing a Decleor item with the Decleor woman and model. Alison was applying the balm to the model while Decleor rep was sat like a lemon doing nothing! It was rather silly tbh and the Decleor rep might as well not been there!

Miss Ellie, the style of your posts varies considerably, ranging from your previously combative and very tightly crafted posts of earlier to the semi-critical, informal posts of today.

Will the real Miss Ellie please stand up.

Miss Ellie, the style of your posts varies considerably, ranging from your previously combative and very tightly crafted posts of earlier to the semi-critical, informal posts of today.

No mystery. I just happened to see a couple of things which struck me which I posted about. Oh - and I also have a split personality. (Joke!)

I commented on her hypocrisy on page two of the "no credibility" post..........how apt.

Sigh :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Meanwhile back to Will, I feel sorry for his weird position, Q should get him presenting on his own to see how he fairs or move him backstage.

He is a bit wet but harmless and seems much more approachable and watchable than eg Debbie Flint.

Latest posts

Back