Why so much Emu?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Lately there have been a lot of Emu shows and, for the future, there are many more planned. Has anyone got any idea why this is? Does the Q have a glut of stock to offload, and is Emu still going to be on the Q in 2013?
Have a proper crimbo everyone, and a great 2013xxx:cake:

It's like this every Winter. Emus being flogged every 5 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I was walking behind a girl in a pair of ugly boots yesterday and once again had to ask myself why they're so popular.

Yes I know they're comfortable/warm but if that were the reason then people would stick with trainers and carpet slippers. There is clearly something about the look of them that you girls like, but I'm at a loss as to what it is. You look hideous in them. Fat birds with tree trunk legs look awful in them, thin birds with bits of cotton for legs look terrible in them. If you think they make your legs look better, they don't.

We've been assaulted by this "fashion" for long enough. Lets hope this is the final winter for Uglies.

Emu guest is having a baby i think she said in february, maybe they are trying to get her to do as many hours as she can before then, maybe they havent another guest to take over, so wont be selling them

BB I agree with you, I've yet too see anyone they look nice on. But then again i think Birkies are horrible too and Lulu Guinness bags nothing special and ridiculously overpriced so what do i know.

I was walking behind a girl in a pair of ugly boots yesterday and once again had to ask myself why they're so popular.

Yes I know they're comfortable/warm but if that were the reason then people would stick with trainers and carpet slippers. There is clearly something about the look of them that you girls like, but I'm at a loss as to what it is. You look hideous in them. Fat birds with tree trunk legs look awful in them, thin birds with bits of cotton for legs look terrible in them. If you think they make your legs look better, they don't.

We've been assaulted by this "fashion" for long enough. Lets hope this is the final winter for Uglies.

Burlz, totally agree...

So does Chris Addison. Sums it up better than I could.

Just to say, this is NSFW and don't watch if you don't like the "F" word. Otherwise, fill your EMUs... :grin:

I agree with BurlyBeaR: these boots are ugly - them and the Uggs and cheap impostors; and like BB says, fat or thin, they look bad on everyone. Maybe I would consider wearing them as house slippers if someone gave me a pair for free, otherwise they would not be seen on me outside. Don't get me wrong, I love some chunky footwear - they balance out your arse for one thing, instead of your feet coming to a miss piggy point at the bottom of your body - but you have to have a discerning eye, and that means: Doc Martins for most of the year, rugged outdoor mountain type boots for when it's snowy, and converse for summer. Oh, and I will confess to wearing my Birkenstock silver toe-post Gizeh's in the very hot weather (they actually look cute on my feet and I think the way the sole cups around your heel and all around your foot is actually practical as well as flattering).

Agree with Burlz completely. Ugly and unglamorous, as are Birkenstocks and leggings. Even when I'm 70 glamour/style will be more important than comfort...but I guess we're all different eh?!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I cant see how they justify the price, for some reason whenever i see anyone in a pair i think of bungle off rainbow , his feet

BB I agree with you, I've yet too see anyone they look nice on. But then again i think Birkies are horrible too and Lulu Guinness bags nothing special and ridiculously overpriced so what do i know.

You know the same as I do lol.
I've never owned or worn those plastic booties they call "trainers" either.

Anyway, sheepskin boots are sooo last season don't you know! According to the press they are anyway

Death of the Ugg boot: Sales of sheepskin shoe once beloved by fashionistas plummet 31% - as they're now more likely to be worn by reality TV stars
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...t-31-theyre-likely-worn-reality-TV-stars.html

I've never owned trainers either Minim . Heels all the time for me. My excuse is, they help me reach the shelves above eye level in the supermarket.

I blame Pamela Anderson for this trend. Years ago there was a behind the scenes at Baywatch and she wore these boots in between filming whilst still in her red costume.

We, the British, are being ripped off. These boots cost a fraction of the price in Australia and NZ. Long way to go to get a pair of cheap boots I know but why can't we get them at the same prices? Because we're "sold" them as "trendy" and then some of us queue up to chuck money away and so they sell us more and so it goes on. If no one buys them we might get them in the sale for £19.99.

CC

I love mine, this time of year I wear them most of the time. Keep my feet lovely and warm and they have a good sole with plenty of grip.

Latest posts

Back