Why QVC ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi, I've only just joined the forum today, and I've come here to ask for advice about eyebrow pencils.:happy: I did try to start a new thread, but a message popped up to say that a moderator had to look at it first. That was 8 hours ago...:confused2: So now I'm just checking to see if I'm allowed to post here.

Hi, I've only just joined the forum today, and I've come here to ask for advice about eyebrow pencils.:happy: I did try to start a new thread, but a message popped up to say that a moderator had to look at it first. That was 8 hours ago...:confused2: So now I'm just checking to see if I'm allowed to post here.

Your post was moved to the Health & Beauty section of the The Drop. To view The Drop you need to be a VIP member.

It is very simple really

All the other channels try to match what QVC do, try to get the audience that QVC have and try to have the connection with the customers that QVC have BUT they all fall far short of the mark.

We have our problems with QVC as is stated on here from time to time, but I think it is fair to say that no shopping channel or experience reaches the levels that QVC do, be it good or bad.

That's it in a nutshell, yazrose. QVC isn't perfect (which shop is?), but they have some high quality brand names and professional presenters. I've never been tempted to buy from IW (except when they had a cheap batch of Birkis) but they get such a terrible write up for customer service that I wouldn't bother. And I don't want to watch just jewellery all the time, either.

Elizabeth hope this helps, I now buy my Brenda Christian eyebrow pencils from ebay. BTW welcome to shoppingtelly.thmbs up

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_...ian+eyebrow+pencils&_sacat=See-All-Categories

After I had my son, I was stuck in the house all day with a small child and nowhere to go. It was just nice to have a human voice other than my own in the house. Eventually I started to buy jewellery now and then, but I've found over the years that there are other things to buy on QVC that tend to be very good quality. It's easy, their customer services are outstanding, and one or two of the presenters (Claudia, Catherine Huntly, Jill Franks) are nice to listen to. I know that it's not everyone's cup of tea, all my friends and family take the utter wee-wee out of me for watching it, but they've all been delighted with any QVC pressies I've bought them (Slanket, Carpet Sweeper, some Christmas ornaments, jewellery).

I think the reason that this part of the forum is most popular must be down to the fact that QVC has such a broad range of products on offer, not just jewellery or DIY or garden stuff.

!

Hi Elizabeth! Welcome to the forum! I've seen your thread on eyebrow pencils in the VIP section, and there are a few replies for you there. I hope you'll be encouraged to become a vip and join us in the drop, it's great fun there, and we can chat about everything and anything, not necessarily just QVC stuff: it's fab! I hope to see you there soon!:flower:

After I had my son, I was stuck in the house all day with a small child and nowhere to go. It was just nice to have a human voice other than my own in the house. Eventually I started to buy jewellery now and then, but I've found over the years that there are other things to buy on QVC that tend to be very good quality. It's easy, their customer services are outstanding, and one or two of the presenters (Claudia, Catherine Huntly, Jill Franks) are nice to listen to. I know that it's not everyone's cup of tea, all my friends and family take the utter wee-wee out of me for watching it, but they've all been delighted with any QVC pressies I've bought them (Slanket, Carpet Sweeper, some Christmas ornaments, jewellery).

I think the reason that this part of the forum is most popular must be down to the fact that QVC has such a broad range of products on offer, not just jewellery or DIY or garden stuff.

All very true CountessK. We all love a moan about P&P, certain presenters or some of the products but QVC yet it wins the shopping channel stakes hands down.

Since I started to shop at QVC 5 years ago I have 'discovered' Liz Earle, Honora, Bare Escentuals, Laura Gellar, Yankee Candles, Northern Nights, L'Occitane, cooks' essentials and I now have a huge gemset jewelley collection. Yes, there have been a few duds, especially the QVC fashion but if I weigh it all up, I think I'm still winning.

If you add in QVC's professional production and its great presenters and you have a winner!

Hi Elizabeth x

I think that within the world of Shopping Telly, QVC stand out as being wayyyyy more classy than the rest. You tend to get to know the presenters a lot more than other channels (see how many threads there are about them-love'em or hate 'em) and, in general, their products are good.....oh and it's the 1st channel up on the list as you scroll through so maybe that helps!:flower:

I havent bought anything from QVC in a long time; I do watch QVC from time to time; I like to watch the Yankee candle hours, and running up to christmas, the christmas special, with the handmade glass baubles - and Mr. Christmas himself! I know i am not into christmas myself, but i believe by watching in small doses, it will cure my phobia of christmas lol. I also tend to put QVC on when i am doing my housework. The best hour they used to do, (havent seen it in ages) the New Forest Cake Company - oh how i used to drool through that!! xx

Thank you for your replies and welcome messages. I will try to get over to the VIP area a.s.a.p.:)

My fondness for QVC causes much amusement for my nearest and dearest but they have often admired things I've bought from there and then had to cut back on the mockery. I think it is very professional compered with the others, customer service is brilliant I recently changed bank account and they sent all my refunds as cheques which was great. On the occasions I've given Ideal World a brief glimpse it seems to only sell pressure washers and craft stuff. Also seems very amatuer compared with QVC. Yeah QVC fashion and the P and P charges are my main bones of contention but on a down, dull, depressed day QVC entertains and amuses me. I love this forum too, it's made me laugh out loud and I have had some great advice too. A "win win" situation

I put IW on once and they were selling Hot Air Balloon rides for a whole hour. It was possibly the strangest thing I had ever seen being sold on television.

I used to buy from price-drop/bid-up about 4 years ago, but I think their stuff has gone a bit downhill. Plus I panic about the countdown situation and start ordering things that I don't really want, which is a bit of a problem!

QVC just seems a much calmer environment with better quality items

Your post was moved to the Health & Beauty section of the The Drop. To view The Drop you need to be a VIP member.

It's a pity that my first post, which is relevant to the QVC section, was moved to the Drop, an area that I am not authorised to enter. If I hadn't posted in this thread, I would never have known.

Hi Elizabeth! Welcome to the forum! I've seen your thread on eyebrow pencils in the VIP section, and there are a few replies for you there. I hope you'll be encouraged to become a vip and join us in the drop, it's great fun there, and we can chat about everything and anything, not necessarily just QVC stuff: it's fab! I hope to see you there soon!:flower:

Thank you for your reply.:wave2: Would you please apologise on my behalf in that thread and let people know that I don't have access to it? Thank you in advance. I may join the VIP section at some point, but I don't want to be forced to do so after my first post.

Thank you for your reply.:wave2: Would you please apologise on my behalf in that thread and let people know that I don't have access to it? Thank you in advance. I may join the VIP section at some point, but I don't want to be forced to do so after my first post.

Hi Elizabeth, will do, but please don't feel forced to do anything! I only meant a warm invitation, as the drop is really good fun! :flower:

Latest posts

Back