Why doesn't Charlie just clear off!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

helena

Registered Shopper
I'm am sick to death of seeing that smarmy Charlie on all of the 'girls' shows.I don't know if it's just me, [and don't think I'm being sexist either] but watching his fingers curling around the jewellery and then trying to convince us that he is going to order 3 ladies nylon tops for Michelle before he gets home is doing my head in!!
He was most rude to Ginetta on Veronese last night and obviously wanted to get the last word in, how rude is he! I'm surprised how she kept her cool as it seemed to be all based around how Charlie can get us to buy with his few 'expressive' mumblings and not letting her get a word in about bangles that people are worried in buying because they think they are too small.
Get a grip Charlie, you'll never sell to me and quite of us out here.
And anyway, what was wrong with that beautiful flower ring that was the TSV? When they started the OTO's, every size was still left in the TSV. I thought it was lovely and would certainly had bought it a few years ago when I was new to telly shopping and bought everything going... but did Charlie do so many girlie shows then? This sort of ring would have sold out early morning in those days so do you think it may be the selling technique that we don't like which doesn't persuade us so much?

I don't think it matters much who the presenter is these days, people are either switching over, have mute on or are being more careful with their purchases. Jill Franks used to irritate the bejesus out of me but I've found even she is okay with mute on and, guess what? I haven't bought anything since New Year. I did like the flower ring but I couldn't think of an occasion that I would wear it as I have loads of jewellery that never sees the light of day and I think that would also happen to that ring.

have to say Charlie is one of the most annoying presenters on QVC, the s l o w in which he talks makes me wanna scream!! and the man has no dress sense, maybe Glen Campbell should style him ? all those horrible matching shirts and jumpers, who wears those these days ?

Charlie's my favourite male presenter. I'm partial to a bit of Charlie before bed time ~ very soothing voice and manner.

I think Charlie is ok. Poor guy, I imagine he is bored stiff presenting girlie jewellry. Perhaps sub-consciously he is trying to get himself moved off the girlie stuff. I would love to see the guys present the shape underwear!

one thing in Charlies defence his hands and nails are imaculate which is more than can be said of a lot of female presenters on the jewellery shows personally I dont dislike him but I dont watch Q that often nowadays anyway

There is no more ruder presenter than AY and she is still here,I wish she would clear off.
Lynn

Charlie is one of my favourite presenters too. Although I don't actually watch much of qvc at all anymore as they rarely have new products.

There are a LOT worse presenters in my opinion. AY is probably the worst but I could do a list :cheeky:

Do you like Charlie?

Well, I love to watch the show. And I just ask about this simple questions, and many people would have some different opinion.

Show your opinion :D

I probably am on my own here but I don't dislike any of the presenters. I don't care that much about who's flogging me stuff. If I'm interested in what's being flogged I'll watch. If I'm not then I don't watch. I do realise that some are better at their jobs than others. Life's too short for me to get the pip with a QVC presenter.

I don't think theres much wrong with him.After all,he's just trying to do a job,like everyone else.I can't imagine he goes out of his way to want to present "girlie things" - I imagine its just how the cookie crumbles on his shift...............and lets face it,most of what is sold on QVC is aimed at females.

I don't mind him mentioning "Michelle" - he can't say that he's going to buy one in every colour for himself......like all the other presenters do! And no,I don't believe he is going to buy for Michelle either.....but its all sales hype and technique......as I say,no different to any other presenter really.

He's not my "fave" but IMO there are far more offensive presenters than Charlie!!

I don't think theres much wrong with him.After all,he's just trying to do a job,like everyone else.I can't imagine he goes out of his way to want to present "girlie things" - I imagine its just how the cookie crumbles on his shift...............and lets face it,most of what is sold on QVC is aimed at females.

I don't mind him mentioning "Michelle" - he can't say that he's going to buy one in every colour for himself......like all the other presenters do! And no,I don't believe he is going to buy for Michelle either.....but its all sales hype and technique......as I say,no different to any other presenter really.

He's not my "fave" but IMO there are far more offensive presenters than Charlie!!

I agree. We all like different things but I can't understand the vitriol towards and nasty comments about presenters. That isn't to say we have to love them all and only write pleasant things but sometimes things get really uncomfortable to read.

I couldn't agree more with your comments Helena. Some of the presenters , Charlie among them, are so overbearing and do not let the guests explain their products. they gush on and on about nothing anybody is interested in.

You are right, it is only recently that the men have presented some of the girlie shows, and I use the terms loosely.

There seems to be no standard or guidelines to presenting, they just get away with their wishy washy nonsense and little they say is of any use at all.

I have to admit that Charlie does give me the creeps, but as it's all a matter of opinion I usually keep quiet. But recently (when I haven't turned him off) I have noticed that he has been quite rude to the guest presenters. I know he's not alone in this! Presenters that can't even summon a few manners to be polite to the guest presenter really get my goat.

one thing in Charlies defence his hands and nails are imaculate which is more than can be said of a lot of female presenters on the jewellery shows personally I dont dislike him but I dont watch Q that often nowadays anyway

His nails are immaculate because he never does a flippin day's work that's why!

Latest posts

Back