Why cant we have a Male themed Day?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This week we have had 3 female themed days, Beauty Day on Sunday, Gem Day on Tuesday, and how to feel super day on Saturday.

I wouldnt mind a Male themed day.

A DIY TSV I cant remember the last one of those, Sundays used to bring them regularly years back.

Apple, Bose, and Loovre could all have hours, RJ could still have his shows, Beauty hours for Men, Gents Jewllery, Gents Fashion,

I fully agree. I`m a woman but even I get sick and tired of all the beauty hours.

The trouble is a male-themed day would almost invariable be centred around shaving. I have all the products I need, Supermax blades from Savers (10 for £1) and King of Shaves sensitive shaving gel £3 from asda. That's all I need! Don't need any more products!

They have probably lost all their male viewers due to the constant stream of frocks and lotions/potions and crafting. But it is the same in a lot of stores, acres of ever-changing women's stuff and one pathetic stand of men's items that's been there since 1973.

Big Boys Toys anyone?

They used to do wrestling, model cars, star wars, DC Comics, other memorabilia and collectables and far more gadgets when I first started watching Q. All of which were aimed at men (whether you agree with the stereotyping or not). They still did DQ Day and other themed days but they also had more potpourri hours "QVC Selection", "Around the House" which had a few items from different department and with fewer repetitions of items throughout the day. QVC seem to have adopted the Ideal World model of airing maybe 25 items thru the day in repetition and without deviation. Only the Morning Shows mixes up items from different departments these days.

Now I'm not saying they should bring back "Oktoberfest" with it's tankards :mysmilie_3: but dear me we need a bit of variety!

warning: sweeping generalisation in this post...

The main incentives for QVC are sales and profit so I suspect the menfolk don't watch/buy as much as the womenfolk do. If something doesn't perform well for Q they drop it or don't replace it when a vendor leaves.

I would jump at the chance to see what goes on behind the scenes at QVC! Here's a little tip, if you watch QVC online and listen with headphones you can sometimes here what the gallery is saying to the presenter in their earpiece! On one show with Jakie Kabler and Lenny Feinberg the producer / director clearly said: "Ignore him, now 30 seconds on the fabric!"

Brilliant thread but like some others, I agree that a day for men ain't gonna happen. I've asked them before - more than once - and just had the usual "what a good idea" then nothing. I don't watch beauty hours because I don't want or need anything, their jewellery is too expensive and their "fashion-with-embellishments" unmentionable and expensive, so I want something different.

But as long as enough people are duped into buying what they show, they'll keep selling it, even if it bores the pants off the rest of us.

Us lot of savvy shoppers on this forum must be a tiny minority, methinks. Which makes us like the Avis ad - we're smaller so we shout louder - or words to that effect!

it just wouldnt be possible!! every time they tried mens jewellery or fashion in the past it has ended up quite heavely reduced in last clicks so its just not viable

But surely QVC male fashion stylists/experts Glen Campbell and Miceal would have every discerning male jumping to the phones to replicate their fashionable looks:mysmilie_17:

I've always wondered why they didn't do clothes and shoes for men, if nothing else. I guess this thread has answered that question, heh.

Latest posts

Back