Whose in charge...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They wouldn't be in half the shite they're in if management/production team members had done their jobs properly. The entire operation is like a mix of a Laurel and Hardy sketch / stupid contestants on The Crystal Maze who get locked in. :giggle:

I think that is quite correct but you get the impression they have hired the cheapest possible staff in all areas who probably don't have the necessary skills to do their job in a compliant way and that is managements fault, no doubt about it.

But it would be easy to think the bosses think the complaints are a price worth paying for shifting more stock, for example exactly how many complaints can Peter Simon single handedly generate before they even consider sacking him?

Even if OFCOM hit them with a £1m fine (and they almost certainly won't anyway) imagine how much revenue he must have generated? I remember him on the lead up to christmas last year, the man was literally out of control.

I think that is quite correct but you get the impression they have hired the cheapest possible staff in all areas who probably don't have the necessary skills to do their job in a compliant way and that is managements fault, no doubt about it.

But it would be easy to think the bosses think the complaints are a price worth paying for shifting more stock, for example exactly how many complaints can Peter Simon single handedly generate before they even consider sacking him?

Even if OFCOM hit them with a £1m fine (and they almost certainly won't anyway) imagine how much revenue he must have generated? I remember him on the lead up to christmas last year, the man was literally out of control.

Do you think saint Peter will still be presenting come this Christmas? I've got a feeling that they may let him have free reign until the ofcom report is published & they then start to conform. In a way I hope he is still here at Christmas as like you say it was last Christmas he really got out of hand.

What makes me laugh most is Bids response to the newspaper after ofcom said they were getting involved:

Sit-Up Ltd told the newspaper: “We have made significant and continuous efforts to improve our compliance performance and procedures.”

I would love Ofcom to ask them if they keep making continuous efforts why don't they simply get rid of the offending presenters who refuse (or can't for whatever reason) to conform to regulations? But alas I think we all know the answer to that :wink:

Last edited:

:giggle:

Not only am I out of control, in the airport, in the cinema, at the train station, in the perfume section at Debenhams, at a market stall... etc

Nicola George states that presenters have sales targets... I wonder if there is a chart in the Sit-up canteen and a Tanzanite trophy (in sterling silver/AAAAAA grade Tanzanite) is awarded to whoever achieves most sales in a month?

Do you think saint Peter will still be presenting come this Christmas? I've got a feeling that they may let him have free reign until the ofcom report is published & they then start to conform. In a way I hope he is still here at Christmas as like you say it was last Christmas he really got out of hand.

What makes me laugh most is Bids response to the newspaper after ofcom said they were getting involved:

Sit-Up Ltd told the newspaper: “We have made significant and continuous efforts to improve our compliance performance and procedures.”

I would love Ofcom to ask them if they keep making continuous efforts why don't they simply get rid of the offending presenters who refuse (or can't for whatever reason) to conform to regulations? But alas I think we all know the answer to that :wink:

It's interesting that they have definitely changed track on the way they defend complaints now. They seem to have gone down the path of saying they are mistakes rather than the preposterous arguments they used to make to defend themselves.

I said a while back i'd have more respect for them if they just said they got it wrong. Unfortunately they keep getting things wrong so it makes me wonder whether they are genuine mistakes or they have simply changed tact and think the 'hands up' approach looks better when they get caught out.

But if they haven't learned by now they simply won't get away with it anymore there's no hope for them.

Last edited:
:giggle:

Not only am I out of control, in the airport, in the cinema, at the train station, in the perfume section at Debenhams, at a market stall... etc

Nicola George states that presenters have sales targets... I wonder if there is a chart in the Sit-up canteen and a Tanzanite trophy (in sterling silver/AAAAAA grade Tanzanite) is awarded to whoever achieves most sales in a month?

Ha Ha, I bet the winner gets a Solar Tiffany Style Frog :giggle:

BOD stated on his Linkedin page they are on target based bonuses, and he proudly stated he hasn't had any ASA complaints which I personally found a bizarre thing to list as if it was some sort of a medal of honour :confused2: You might remember all that was discussed on here but now his Linkedin profile seems to have disappeared!

But Dirty Peter was outrageous last year, surely he cannot be that bad this time around :eek:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back