Who would you send to train Q presenters in China and why?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

thatu

Guest Shopper
I would send Charlie to teach them how to really stuff food down their necks, even if it means their guest has to do all the work while the presenters chomp away happily.
I would send Sara G to teach them how to interrupt and speak over guests.

Whoever went, I would still send DBF with them. Every time. Just because.

I'd send Alison Young to teach them that you can survive on a shopping channel for twenty years by simply stating you're a "resident beauty expert" even though you have no visible qualifications, she can also teach them how to look at the wrong camera all the time. She can take Chuntley too, to teach them how to be completely disingenuous and fake.

I'd send the dreadful Claire Sutton-she could teach them the art of the wide false smile, to speak in a way that is patronising to 5 year olds, to screech "wowsers" "wowee" and "oooh what a lovely squidgy bum" and if all else fails just swing your hair around in a Miss Piggy style and hope the public are distracted :)

I think they should send Craig ...the Chinese bosses would love him, he would do the job exactly as they would want ... while being so humble he would lick their boots if required. They might even fall in love with him ... and keep him there. (no harm in hoping) LOL

A one way ticket for Charlie, because it would get him off our TV screens - and he could have taken Leighton Denny with him for the same reason.

Richard Jackson he could design a Chinese garden and fill it with his products and with any luck they would keep him

How about just sending parts of presenters over there? I nominate Julia's black toe-post sandals and Debbie's white wedge sandals... as well as Ali Young's shimmer brick, Jill Franks' porchester square, Jackie Kabler's "erm", Simon Biagi's chest hair, Ann Dawson's bad hair days, Charlie's "slow reveal", Chloe's absolutely, indeed; Sara Griffiths eyebrows :mysmilie_11:

All on a one-way ticket of course!

Last edited:
The phrase "what are we calling this " together with the people responsible for the colour names and the graphic bods who just cannot get it right.

I'll add Charlie's shameless scoffing of all the food (does he starve himself for every food show?). Richard Jackson's "look at the rrrrrrooots!!"

Basically all of them have irritating little tics, turns of phrase etc that could do with being erased. I'm sure we all do, but when you're doing it on telly, you get them rather amplified.

All the bits of presenters - their quirks, habits, style choices and so on - will make a nice compendium of "how not to irritate the viewers" tips in the training schedule!

Last edited:
Yip. The Aurora show on presently is a total disaster. Julia at least has the ability to cover it but the lovely Dominic is getting a tad annoyed methinks.

I was watching that as well - QVC really do need to stop re-naming the colours of stock supplied to them. Given that Dominic mentioned that they did actually have a pink (which if successful could have been a new colour on a re-order coming in on the next set of presentations Aurora have) would it have hurt to leave the "antique pink" with its original name of "silk"? They do it far too often and everyone ends up in a muddle.

Seems that QVC is edging towards the chaotic style of Ideal World of yore, just as IW are edging towards Bid or Price-drop territory.

Latest posts

Back