Who buys this stuff??????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have osteoporosis so have to take high dose calcium and Vit D twice a day plus what is called the bone tablet weekly. I used to love walking, and now I have to sit down at bus stops for a few minutes when out and about. P*sses me off.
You're lucky to have a bus shelter, Plymouth Council have removed 210 including the ones I use. Disgusting decision.

I actually have to walk a mile to the main road to get what you class as a bus shelter. Our bus shelters are perspex and not glass.

Today I have to go get my flu/covid jabs, so dithering whether to walk to main road and get the bus or keep walking down to doctor's and stopping to sit down on the way.

I actually have to walk a mile to the main road to get what you class as a bus shelter. Our bus shelters are perspex and not glass.

Today I have to go get my flu/covid jabs, so dithering whether to walk to main road and get the bus or keep walking down to doctor's and stopping to sit down on the way.
Mine is on Saturday, a 15 minute walk so no need for a bus, and only 1 stop anyway.

Mine is on Saturday, a 15 minute walk so no need for a bus, and only 1 stop anyway.
We've got ours on Saturday.

I have osteoporosis so have to take high dose calcium and Vit D twice a day plus what is called the bone tablet weekly. I used to love walking, and now I have to sit down at bus stops for a few minutes when out and about. P*sses me off.
Saw GP today and I'm going on calcium vit D and the weekly bone tablet. I asked him if it was the one to be taken standing or could I walk about. He had a laugh and said I could sit as long as I sat straight up as it sometimes upset the stomach. He did say I would have a further DEXA scan in two years but people are usually on the medication for about 5 years.
Hope you're ok otherwise.🥰

I’ve got my flu and covid jabs on Saturday 12th, but it’s only a five minute drive away so I haven’t got to look for bus shelters. Mind you, I can only remember seeing one bus shelter in my town anyway.

Saw GP today and I'm going on calcium vit D and the weekly bone tablet. I asked him if it was the one to be taken standing or could I walk about. He had a laugh and said I could sit as long as I sat straight up as it sometimes upset the stomach. He did say I would have a further DEXA scan in two years but people are usually on the medication for about 5 years.
Hope you're ok otherwise.🥰
Yes, I was told to stand up and not eat for an hour. This was from someone who had been taking for a long time. Then I actually read the insert, and it said half an hour of not eating and nothing about having to stand just not to lay down.

I had to go to a hospital called Muskgrave which is a bugger to get to and loads of building spread out. Walked in feeling okay and came out feeling like King Tut's granny. Do not climb on chairs to do things, make sure everything is steady. The killer, "If you fall, you will fracture your spine!":eek:

Okay, I did just throw my leg up on a dinning room chair and climb up to change light bulbs etc. Bought some small steps from Amazon after that.

Yes, I was told to stand up and not eat for an hour. This was from someone who had been taking for a long time. Then I actually read the insert, and it said half an hour of not eating and nothing about having to stand just not to lay down.

I had to go to a hospital called Muskgrave which is a bugger to get to and loads of building spread out. Walked in feeling okay and came out feeling like King Tut's granny. Do not climb on chairs to do things, make sure everything is steady. The killer, "If you fall, you will fracture your spine!":eek:

Okay, I did just throw my leg up on a dinning room chair and climb up to change light bulbs etc. Bought some small steps from Amazon after that.

Thankfully I don't have this challenge but have found out the hard way standing on chairs is dangerous. I would use a chair when wallpapering - until the day I worn socks rather than bare feet. Chair and I parted company and the top of the chair tried to impale itself in my stomach! Took me a good 15/20 min to just get up off the floor as the pain was sooooo bad. The bruising was stunning! Dont wear socks on a chair now lol

Yep we got some small steps,lot easier. I made the Doctor laugh when I said a friend was taking the weekly tablet and said you had to stand for half an hour. He chuckled and said you could walk about or sit up straight,no lying down or slouching. He did say that was because it couid cause stomach problems, it's the full glass of water that's my concern as it will probably take me 20 minutes to drink it. He said to take it about 30 minutes before I take the Vit D and calcium and statins.
It's great getting old,up to 12 months ago all I had was an inhaler,now I'm a walking pharmacy.🤣🤣

Yep we got some small steps,lot easier. I made the Doctor laugh when I said a friend was taking the weekly tablet and said you had to stand for half an hour. He chuckled and said you could walk about or sit up straight,no lying down or slouching. He did say that was because it couid cause stomach problems, it's the full glass of water that's my concern as it will probably take me 20 minutes to drink it. He said to take it about 30 minutes before I take the Vit D and calcium and statins.
It's great getting old,up to 12 months ago all I had was an inhaler,now I'm a walking pharmacy.🤣🤣
I take risidronate weekly, with calcium and vit D twice a day. I have to take a high dose of omeprazole as the risidronate causes me to have a burning sensation. I’m hoping that a dexa scan will say that I don’t have to take it long term. I broke my hip, in an unfortunate accident - I fell over my son’s white stick 🤣😳

Just watching Butler and Wilson. Horrible stuff IMO. I can’t imagine wearing spider jewellery but even that’s better than the skulls and

I know with the weekly bone tablet, if I drink too much water with it, I feel a little sick. You have to drink tab water not bottled
Did you have a bone density exam?

These comments about bone issues have been really helpful. I was looking for keys in my handbag, didn't see litter in car park, slipped and fell a month ago. (BIG lesson learnt! ) Fractured a vertebrae (never known pain like it) and although I'm recovering I have one of these dexa scans at the end of the month. All this was unknown territory to me and I'm grateful to be aware of the various issues and questions I may need to ask. Wishing you all the best possible outcomes 👍🙂

Latest posts

Back