Who are you?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

leopard_print

Registered Shopper
Having been reading this forum for a while and contributing occassionally I was wondering what the average person was? When reading the reviews on the QVC site most seemed to be over 55 yrs old! I felt like a young chicken amongst the more knowledgable mature ladies!

I'll start anyways, I'm female, 25, been shopping with QVC for over 10 years intermittantly (sp?!?). I love brands like Laura Geller, ProStrong, Nails Inc, Liz Earle, SBC, l'Occitane and Yankee Candle. I also love their jewellry especially Silver and Diamonique at the moment. Hate all their 'fashion' but not the assessories.

Good idea.

Female. Age 56. Been shopping with QVC about 13 years ( too long ).

Loves- Elemis, Ojon, Decleor, l'Occitane,Clientele,Laura Geller, OPI, Judith Williams, Gatineau,Philosophy, Seche Vite,Yankee Candles,Milkhouse Creamery Candles, Diamonique, Kipling, California Style, Bose

Like on occasions - B&W jewellery & fashion accesories, Quacker Factory, Uri Geller,Michelle Hope, Dreamkeeper,Indigo Moon

Loathe- Kirks Folly, Kim n Co, Tova, Lulu:angry: Kelly Hoppen, Pilates, Craft,

Last edited:
Hi there, this is the public bit of the forum.
We have an All About You in The Drop, the members only section, not on public view.
It's amazing what info is useful to marketing companies.

I reckon the average age of a forum member here is in the 45-50 age group. What an ancient bunch we are. :wink2:

am 37, been shopping on and off with QVC for over 10 years, I go through love/hate phases with it. I mainly like the beauty products but sometimes dabble with some other stuff

I love Elemis, Nails Inc, Leighton Denny, some Liz Earle and Decleor - but get sucked in all too frequently into buying TSVs

am finding I am not as patient as I used to be with Alison Young, she basically annoys the crap out of me these days!

Oh and despite being half Scottish, I also cannot stand Lulu. Fake. Fake. Fake.

Female, 37, been regularly conned into buying beauty items I don't need for about 4 years now :sad: haha! Mainly buy beauty, bought 2 pieces of jewellery ever, and have recently bought my first bag. Only ever bought 1 piece of electrical equipment (Archos) as their knowledge and presenters are dreadful. Oh and I have a confession to make.....I am the proud owner of a Nina Leonard dress :blush::blush::blush: lol I know , I know, but it's really plain and funky and looks surprisingly good with leggings/opaque tights and boots :mysmilie_477: (149030 in grey so you can see it's not a total monstrosity!!!)

I'm 46, and have been buying stuff off the telly for about 10 years, well as long as I've had cable/satellite tv. I remember going round a friends house years ago, and she'd got sky and asking her to show me one of the shopping channels 'cause they were a fairly new phenomena and I'd heard how people become addicted and would be buying all manner of trash they didn't need. I think it was QVC I saw that day, and they were demonstrating a gold bracelet that cost a fortune, they were droning on for hours and I wasn't impressed. I thought it would be quick and snappy with lots of different weird and wonderful products, not entire hours on one subject. I asked her to switch channels!

Some years later when I got cable tv myself, I was channel hopping like you do, and came across SHOP! I remember thinking it was like the Argos catalogue being demonstrated, and would almost be sneering at the idea that anyone would pay postage and packaging, and phone call charges for something you could just go down the road and buy...I would NEVER buy anything, but I found the presenters very entertaining, so I'd watch just for fun. Then they demonstrated a breadmaker, OH had talked about buying one for ages but they were quite a considered purchase in those days, this one was only about £40 and available on 3 months interest free credit......I bought it, then I kept seeing other little bits and pieces I wouldn't mind having, and there it all started. I was an addict!

Hi everyone. Female 61 years old (just). Been shopping with QVC since 14 years. My first purchase was some wash balls. Supposed to cut down the need for washing powder but all they did was drive us all mad with the clanking in the washing machine. The kids played in the garden with them in the end. Luckily I have become a bit more selective with what I buy nowadays!

Just turned 50 - old enough to know better, young enough not to care..........
Been shopping with QVC for about 7 years.

Love - Easiyo, some Bare Escentuals, some Laura Gellar, Alpha H, Northern Nights bedding, my Cooks Essentials saucepans and the Click free back up hard drive. Love some of the handbags but sit on my hands when the shows are on, because they are just too much money and I can't justify it, when I'm lucky to have a TK Max nearby.

Can't be doing with - crafting in any shape or form and the inconsistency of sizing in the - ahem" - "fashion" ranges. Fair enough, that not every range will be sized the same, but you'd at least think that it would be consistent within a brand, worst culprits being Casual & Co.
Also, lost on me, is the fascination of nail polish in a million different shades of pink etc.

Also hate the way the presenters make out they're doing you a special favour by sending it out to you in 3 - 5 working days. How else are you supposed to get it. Don't they realise that most other mail order/internet shops get stuff to you a lot quicker than that.

i'm 25 and have been shopping on qvc for about 3yrs. My OH hates it and I can only watch/buy when hes not around!
LOVE - l'occitane, decleor, philosophy and nails inc
CAN PUT UP WITH - elemis, yankee
GUILTY SECRET kirks folly - LOVE it but would never buy it
HATE all jewllery shows and JR

buy every l'occitane and nails inc TSV without fail and love easypay! :bear:

Hi All - I'm 38 and have been shopping on QVC since the beginning, heard about QVC from a work colleague, she swore by Liz Earle saving her skin and had to order some for myself to check it out!

I mainly order OPI, Nails Inc and Gatineau from QVC (I'm a sucker for beauty shows). But I've started to order my Liz Earle direct from her website, lizearle.com. My most recent purhcase was the No No hair removal thingy and I like it (you would need to use it every other day).

I like watching Pipa Gordon, Claire Sutton (who quoted that her hair was the same colour as a golden labrador during a Hairdo show!), Craig Rowe and Debbie Greenwood.

I don't like Debbie Flint, Kathy Taylor (I know there is a few on here that like her) and Anne Dawson. I know it sounds awful but I think if you are on the tv trying to sell stuff, then you should make an effort on your appearance! (Sorry if it sounds harsh).

female early 60's going on 35, because I am wrinkle free due £'s being spent on to skin care from QVC.Am a little more picky as to what I order these days but 1 glance at my bank account would put this in question.
Got some lovely jewelley-- Honora, gems Lola Rose.
L'occitanne/ Gatineau/Liz Earle/ Smashbox/Laura Geller/Decleor/Bare Essentials/SBC/Elemis and more have passed this way, would be easier to say who hasn't.
House stuff-- steam mop/electric grill
1 set NN bedding OK but don't like the ironing & creasing.
No gardening stuff.
just got pair of Sketchers shoes which are great, can't get a fit with Birkinstocks But have been drawn into the hype.

Can't think how many years I have been 'with' QVC but quite some time & have been 'blamed' for getting others hooked!
One sobering moment after a burglary I had to get a print out of my purchases for insurance claim, 'nough said!!

Female 40's but with the soul of a teenager and in teenage manner had mad crush on QVC and wasted a ton of cash on beauty, jewellery and various daft things. Now I have calmed down and am much more selective. I do like Elemis, Laura Geller, a bit of Dimonique and some of the silver that they do. I like some of the Butler and Wilson stuff. I get amusement from the "fashion" it really beggars belief at times and delves into new depths of nafness. Oh and I love this forum, have nearly chocked with laughter sometimes.

Female, 35 in six weeks time (gulp), been shopping with QVC for nearly six years, although watching for over seven (it took me ages to embrace the stigma and actually pick up that phone!)

Majority of my QVC shopping is skincare. Liz Earle, Decleor, Judith Williams and Gale Hayman are repeat purchases, and I also have a soft spot for nail colour, especially Leighton (am still f.a.r.t.ing on today's TSV...just...) The only 'fashion' I've ever bought are two Centigrade coats (the belted large collar one on tonight!) in red and white. Other than that I have to say that if I had the power in local politics I'd pass by-laws to stop QVC clothing entering the county :wink:

I have had a couple of pieces of lovely jewellery in silver and opaque gems, and I have a pair of Tahitian pearls and a pair of platinum 950 earrings from them that were incredibly well priced and that I've worn and worn. I'm desperately trying to talk myself out of a ludicrously expensive piece of Tova DMQ to celebrate upcoming milestone of being half way through my three score year and ten :blush:

Female, 45. Shopped with QVC for 10 yrs or so :mysmilie_468:

Buy Liz Earle, NN htc and down duvet, Birkenstock madrids, Gtech sweeper, bits of Decleor and have a couple of Centipede coats with hoods from a few years ago. Think that's all I can admit to (from purchases not shame).......

Have to say, QVC can be good company at times - sounds a bit sad I know but when I was particularly ill 3 yrs ago and my OH had to be out for a short while, it kept me company when there was nothing on mainstream channels. Didn't need much brainwork!!! :mysmilie_17:

Love this forum which I discovered by accident a couple of yrs ago - keeps me very amused so :mysmilie_508: everybody !

And have met Art Deco, which has been great, and not put her off the bracelet (yet!!)