Which QVC skincare ranges would tou recommend?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm amazed that nobody's mentioned Liz Earle!! I love Cleanse and Polish but use Lancome toner and then LE moisturizer - Superskin or Skin Repair Dry. Also use the Exfoliator twice a week and the Brightening treatment every other day.

Clarins have some lovely products, it would be great to see them on Qvc, they have other french brands on so why not. Their tsv's would be good.
Molton Brown have a new skincare range out now, saw it yesterday in our local MB shop, it is expensive though---too expensive.The shop was empty as usual.

I'm amazed that nobody's mentioned Liz Earle!! I love Cleanse and Polish but use Lancome toner and then LE moisturizer - Superskin or Skin Repair Dry. Also use the Exfoliator twice a week and the Brightening treatment every other day.

I probably use more Liz Earle products than any other QVC range.

C&P was always my preferred cleanser but for the last while I'm preferring balms ie AD Skin Synergy & my current one is from the lovely Ebay seller which was recommended on here & it's fabulous.

Love LE Skin Tonic( I always decant into the small spritzer bottle) & Skin Repair Dry/Sensitive is my favourite moisuriser,not mad about Superskin nor Elemis PCMC which I know lots of people rave about.

I really like Elemis Gentle Rose Exfoliator & I alternate this with Clientele Pumpkin Scrub which is really good but I'm coming to the end of my stash of.

LE Intensive Nourishing Treatment Mask is glorious & I often leave it on overnight for an intensive treatment,skin feels so soft the next morning.

Love face oils,among my faves are Decleor Neroli & LE Superbalm,both fab & smell divine.

Have dipped in and out of elemis , decleor , philosophy and liz earl . Couldn't stand super skin as it smells like fish or cleanse and polish . Though there are products in the other three brands I like . I still love emma hardie moringa balm as itsmulti purpose . I now stick to love your skin and bits of dermaquest .

Great thread, I'm enjoying your postings!
I didn't use any moisturisers until my 40's because those I tried 'off the shelf' irritated my skin, and generally I didn't like the scents either - so when I started watching QVC the idea of being able to try was appealing. So I've tried many brands, and here's my list!

Hair products - I have tried several brands from QVC, but find TresEmme equally as effective, and far cheaper
Gatineau - I don't like the smell
Liz Earle - liked the cleanse and polish initially, but either they changed their formula a few years ago, or I 'went off' the smell
Philosophy - something of nothing really, light scent but no noticeable benefit to my skin

now to the goodies I'm happy to have discovered on QVC, and continue to buy, or from outlets, TKMaxx or Amazon.
Elemis - love the scent and effect of the skin moisturising cream which came initially in a TSV a couple of years ago
Decleor - Experience de l'Age moisturiser and Iris Oil, along with the cleanser and toners - they're expensive, but love them as they are good for my skin with no irritation at all
L'Occitane - love the shower gels, and handcreams

Am a week into using the Judith Williams Life Long Beauty try me and I'm really liking this kit, it's got all you need for a mini-facial and the rose oil is lovely and not overpowering smell-wise (I loathe the smell of roses!). I buy Emma Hardie repeatedly either from Q or whoever is doing a discount, tried Liz Earle and didn't really like it, although the toner is the nicest smell, I don't like C+P either. Was an Elemis girl but now weaning myself away - do like most of their products esp the bath/body ranges but not overly struck on their newer face potions (Visible Brilliance anyone?!!). Have a Prai TSV from a while back which I actually like too, the cleansing scrubby snow stuff which is a right royal (see what I did there?!!) pain to get off BUT once your skin had dried it feels fab. I'm sure the serum is just water with some Bold added, that's what it smells like but it's not unpleansant. Like Decleor, esp Neroli oil and the aroma night balm is very nice and seems to work if I feel an outbreak coming on - that's of a spot rather than an all-out nuclear attack. For that I'd go with Guerlain!
Make up wise, BE for face and a bit of everything else thrown in, some Maybellline, some Guerlain some Bobbi Brown and whatever lip gloss is closest.
Hair - I'm afraid to admit, well I'm not really, it's Ojon all the way and genuinely, nothing else.
Bathing - Mandara Spa from Sainsburys currently and bits of the cheapest 99p coconut showergel to the stuff on my 'good shelf'!!!

My Faves are Decleor Hydra Floral, Elemis SOS Emergency cream for unhappy skin, ABC shower wash, L'Occitane hand cream, Laura Geller Spackle & Balance and Brighten. I can dip in and out of shampoo ranges and skincare but these are what I always come back to year after year

Jackanory, like others I can totally relate to your post. I used to buy loads of beauty TSVs and must have spent a small fortune but now resist entirely as I now I only buy from cruelty free brands – these are my current substitutes for products I’d previously used from QVC:

Facial Wash – Neals Yard Frankincense facial wash, or Faith in Nature rejuvenating facial wash instead of Philosophy Purity
Hot Cloth Cleanser - Tropic Skincare or Natroma hot cloth cleansers instead of C&P (though Liz Earle is still cruelty free).
Cleansing Balm – the Emma Hardie one was heavenly though I used it only occasionally, now use Neals Yard Wild Rose Balm instead as an occasional treat.
Facial oil – I only occasionally used Decleor Neroli under a moisturiser at night. Now if I feel the need to use an oil, it's either Balm Balm Little Miracle Rosehip Serum, or M&S Formula Age Repair Treatment Oil.
Moisturiser – I regularly used Liz Earle Skin Repair but recently discovered M&S Formula Age Repair Day Cream (spf 15), or for a gel cream texture more like Elemis PCMC I use Tropic Skincare Skin Revive.
Exfoliator – my favourite was Elemis skin buff but equally like the clean smooth skin feel from Neals Yard Orange Facial Polish.
Masks –occasionally used whatever came in a TSV, usually Elemis now now slather on a Montagne Jeuneusse (only £1!) one if I'm having a bath.
Primer – Smashbox (best of a bad bunch), LG Spackle (hated it) and Philosophy Supernatural (just ok). Much prefer M&S Autograph anti-aging primer for an even base (onto my second pot).
Mineral Foundation – never a fan of BE, it emphasised pores and their brushes were scratchy. Now use Everyday Minerals mineral foundation with their flat top brush.
Liquid foundation – didn't try many of their liquid foundations as I found it hard enough to get one pale enough from a store let along off TV. I did like their Models Prefer Hands Free Foundation though. I'm currently trying Superdrug ‘B.’ Flawless Finish foundation - supposed to last 16 hours - not sure about that, but still reasonable finish on me with little shine by mid afternoon which is better staying power than the Estee Lauder Double Wear I tried years ago.
Powder – mostly used Models Prefer yellow powder, now BM Beauty Finishing Powder does the job (reminds me of Prescriptives Magic Powder).
Blusher – most of the Laura Geller ones were too brown/orange/shimmery. Currently my daily blusher is M&S Autograph in ‘Pale Blush’.
Eye primer – nothing QVC sold worked, my eyeshadows always turned to an oily slick by lunchtime. Now use Urban Decay Primer Potion which is brilliant.
Eye liners – tried Smashbox, Bobbi Brown and Mally - no particular favourite. M&S Autograph do a gel liner much like the BB ones, but I prefer a creamy pencil – either Lily Lolo or Urban Decay.
Eyeshadows –favourite was Smashbox. Now use matte shadows from Urban Decay or M&S.
Eyebrows & Lip Liner – loved and still using up Models Prefer pencil and Smashbox browtech on my brows, and Models Prefer spice or Ariane Poole on my lips.
Lipstick – Smashbox were my favourite, now trying M&S & Superdrug B.
Shampoo – I fell for the Aveda & MOP hype – replaced by Faith in Nature Pomegranite & Rooibos (Paraben & SLES Free).
Soap & handcream – did I really spend ££££s on b***** L’Occitane soap? Coop or Sainsburys in the kitchen, M&S in the bathroom now.
Showergels – I used to stockpile Molton Brown TSVs, falling for Jill Goldsmiths 'balmy nights speel'. Now love M&S Cowley Manor and White Scents (Jo Malone-esque) ranges, they're gorgeous.
Body scrub –Philosophy Salt Scrub was effective but scratchy. M&S Formula body polish applies to dry skin before you get in the shower (without scrubby bits falling onto the floor).
Bodylotion/cream – instead of Molton Brown or Liz Earle, now use whatever catches my eye in M&S.
Nailcare – OPI was my fave above Nails Inc & Leighton Denny; I now buy either M&S or SpaRitual.

Probably my longest ever post (sorry!), my excuse is I’m an animal mad self-confessed beauty/makeup addict.

I've tried many of Q's brands over the years but now only buy TSV's if l use everything in them. I mainly buy Elemis and Decleor, Gatineau I find too highly perfumed and it never suited my skin. I've never repurchased a favourite product from Q I try to find it elsewhere with no P&P.

Cleansers - either Elemis melting gel cleanser or sensitive facial wash. I did use their pro rad cleanser but have now switched to a cleansing balm from ebay, which a fellow member recommended.

Serums - It depends how my skin is as to what l use. Currently my skin is loving Decleor's Angelique (thanks Jabba). I also like their neroli and rose.

Moisturisers - PCMC and PCONC. Either bought in TSV's /Ebay. In the winter l tend to switch to a slightly richer cream

Eye cream - I think l have found my HG product - Elemis Pro intense eye and lip cream.

face masks - Decloer Clay and herbal mask or Elemis herbal lavender mask or elemis quatrz lifting mask.

Jackanory, like others I can totally relate to your post. I used to buy loads of beauty TSVs and must have spent a small fortune but now resist entirely as I now I only buy from cruelty free brands – these are my current substitutes for products I’d previously used from QVC:

Facial Wash – Neals Yard Frankincense facial wash, or Faith in Nature rejuvenating facial wash instead of Philosophy Purity
Hot Cloth Cleanser - Tropic Skincare or Natroma hot cloth cleansers instead of C&P (though Liz Earle is still cruelty free).
Cleansing Balm – the Emma Hardie one was heavenly though I used it only occasionally, now use Neals Yard Wild Rose Balm instead as an occasional treat.
Facial oil – I only occasionally used Decleor Neroli under a moisturiser at night. Now if I feel the need to use an oil, it's either Balm Balm Little Miracle Rosehip Serum, or M&S Formula Age Repair Treatment Oil.
Moisturiser – I regularly used Liz Earle Skin Repair but recently discovered M&S Formula Age Repair Day Cream (spf 15), or for a gel cream texture more like Elemis PCMC I use Tropic Skincare Skin Revive.
Exfoliator – my favourite was Elemis skin buff but equally like the clean smooth skin feel from Neals Yard Orange Facial Polish.
Masks –occasionally used whatever came in a TSV, usually Elemis now now slather on a Montagne Jeuneusse (only £1!) one if I'm having a bath.
Primer – Smashbox (best of a bad bunch), LG Spackle (hated it) and Philosophy Supernatural (just ok). Much prefer M&S Autograph anti-aging primer for an even base (onto my second pot).
Mineral Foundation – never a fan of BE, it emphasised pores and their brushes were scratchy. Now use Everyday Minerals mineral foundation with their flat top brush.
Liquid foundation – didn't try many of their liquid foundations as I found it hard enough to get one pale enough from a store let along off TV. I did like their Models Prefer Hands Free Foundation though. I'm currently trying Superdrug ‘B.’ Flawless Finish foundation - supposed to last 16 hours - not sure about that, but still reasonable finish on me with little shine by mid afternoon which is better staying power than the Estee Lauder Double Wear I tried years ago.
Powder – mostly used Models Prefer yellow powder, now BM Beauty Finishing Powder does the job (reminds me of Prescriptives Magic Powder).
Blusher – most of the Laura Geller ones were too brown/orange/shimmery. Currently my daily blusher is M&S Autograph in ‘Pale Blush’.
Eye primer – nothing QVC sold worked, my eyeshadows always turned to an oily slick by lunchtime. Now use Urban Decay Primer Potion which is brilliant.
Eye liners – tried Smashbox, Bobbi Brown and Mally - no particular favourite. M&S Autograph do a gel liner much like the BB ones, but I prefer a creamy pencil – either Lily Lolo or Urban Decay.
Eyeshadows –favourite was Smashbox. Now use matte shadows from Urban Decay or M&S.
Eyebrows & Lip Liner – loved and still using up Models Prefer pencil and Smashbox browtech on my brows, and Models Prefer spice or Ariane Poole on my lips.
Lipstick – Smashbox were my favourite, now trying M&S & Superdrug B.
Shampoo – I fell for the Aveda & MOP hype – replaced by Faith in Nature Pomegranite & Rooibos (Paraben & SLES Free).
Soap & handcream – did I really spend ££££s on b***** L’Occitane soap? Coop or Sainsburys in the kitchen, M&S in the bathroom now.
Showergels – I used to stockpile Molton Brown TSVs, falling for Jill Goldsmiths 'balmy nights speel'. Now love M&S Cowley Manor and White Scents (Jo Malone-esque) ranges, they're gorgeous.
Body scrub –Philosophy Salt Scrub was effective but scratchy. M&S Formula body polish applies to dry skin before you get in the shower (without scrubby bits falling onto the floor).
Bodylotion/cream – instead of Molton Brown or Liz Earle, now use whatever catches my eye in M&S.
Nailcare – OPI was my fave above Nails Inc & Leighton Denny; I now buy either M&S or SpaRitual.

Probably my longest ever post (sorry!), my excuse is I’m an animal mad self-confessed beauty/makeup addict.

Hi Spartacus! I'm a self-confessed beauty/make up addict and animal lover too and it's great to have found a place with so many others with the same passion/weakness:happy: I have tried the Neals Yard products years ago and really enjoyed them but I've never tried M & S so thanks for recommending it, I'll give it a go.

Thank you so much everyone for taking the time to respond to my thread, I am really enjoying reading your posts and you are a very friendly, informative and helpful group of ladies, and you really know your stuff, I had no idea C & P had changed it's formula. Does anyone know if the Decleor alguarome has changed too. I bought it a few years ago and it was really luxurious with an amazing scent. bought it again recently in a double pack with another decleor shower gel, not inexpensive, and felt it was a watered down cheaper version of itself!

Anyhow, the new Jackanory is going to be a much more savvy shopper and is going to stop wasting so much money which she can't afford on prestiiiiigious (thanks Jude) QVC products, unless of course they really are a fantastic buy xx

Latest posts

Back