Where is the value?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I agree with you all about the postage. The other day I returned an item (first class) to QVC and it cost just over £1. QVC sent it 2nd class and charged me £3.95. I don't think a jiffy bag costs £2.95 !!!!

I agree with you all about the postage. The other day I returned an item (first class) to QVC and it cost just over £1. QVC sent it 2nd class and charged me £3.95. I don't think a jiffy bag costs £2.95 !!!!

I imagine the P & P charges are to discourage people from just ordering stuff and sending it back. If you know you will lose £4 - £5 in P & P it makes you think before ordering rather than just ordering indiscriminately.

I think that if QVC don't do something about the p&P in this recession they will shoot themselves in the foot. you have only got to look at the amount of people who are saying they don't buy from QVC anymore.

Well I agree with all of you.
I have to say that recently my bling addiction moved, first to Gems TV and now to Rocks TV.
Both do a single p&p per order - and as a consequence, I've never bought just one item from them, it tends to be 10 or so at a time, just to make the p&p "worthwhile". So I've probably ended up spending five times as much as I would have done if they charged per item like QVC.
I KNOW I'm not the only one who does this, it's a brilliant way for these companies to get more of my money at a time. They are mad fools not to go down this route, especially when times are tough.

I imagine the P & P charges are to discourage people from just ordering stuff and sending it back. If you know you will lose £4 - £5 in P & P it makes you think before ordering rather than just ordering indiscriminately.

I have a catalogue I sometimes get stuff from - a big company. If you want to send anything back (whatever the size/weight) you stick the 'return' label over your address, you either ring them and arrange a time for it to be collected or take it to the post office, they give a stamped receipt of posting and that's it..............FREE
RG

There are several reasons i've stopped using QVC but by far the biggest is the rip off P&P, as I see it they are charging me a small fortune to cover losses they make on other people and that isn't right.

IMO free postage or a postage cap (ie order as much as you like in one go for one amount) is becoming the norm on the internet now, even on other shopping channels. Not only do QVC not offer such deals but they also charge ridiculously high amounts.

This is exactly why my spending has been slashed with them! TBH I find the prices they charge very arrogant! When I have posted stuff back it's usually less than half the price they charge... it makes me so angry!

Also I wish they'd include the shipping cost when quoting the price of things as after all that's what it costs us!

I don't get caught up in the TSV moment anymore! more often than not I think about it for a week or so as it usually comes back on 2EP at a introductory price anyway! I definitely don't have stock piles anymore I buy stuff as I need it from usually cheaper sources. Often with the beauty TSVs they pad them out with samples of products I don't need or like... overall it has to be a really good buy and when calculating I do factor in the P&P charges... that's my rant over :54:

I usually only buy beauty TSVs now and only if I think I can use all the bits. They are so often made up with 'travel' sizes and I cannot afford to travel!

I really wish they would adjust the price and that's what you pay - no p and p identified separately. Their p and p must include an element for insurance on returns - why else is it so expensive and charged on every item ordered and not per order. They do not give an option for collection so what's the point other than to try and make the goods seem cheaper which is not working when money is generally tight because people are looking more than once at the shipping costs and that is swaying whther they buy or not.

Latest posts

Back