Where Have You Been Emails

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Anyone else getting these from QVC?

I have got 2 or 3 this past week. Okay, I clicked, and each time I get a b l o o d y thing about leaving something in my basket. Er, what?

Which turns out to be fashion stuff they are pushing, which I would never buy and do not have in my basket.
Really peeing me off!

I have got 2 or 3 this past week. Okay, I clicked, and each time I get a b l o o d y thing about leaving something in my basket. Er, what?

Which turns out to be fashion stuff they are pushing, which I would never buy and do not have in my basket.
Really peeing me off!
Same here Donna. Mine is always fashion as well. There is a jacket seemingly I keep leaving in my basket. Nope not me, it's a horrible thing anyway.

Really peeing me off!
I was getting those emails a few months ago (think I mentioned it on here). I can’t remember what it was they were trying to gaslight me into believing I had wanted and, silly me, obviously forgotten to check out. Possibly “fashion” and handbags. Needless to say, I had never seen the things before, never mind considered purchasing.

No - have never received any offers etc from QVC by e-mail …
These aren’t offers, LL - there are no special discounts. The emails are crude sales pushes.

I’ve noticed of late that presenters and BA’s are urging us more and more to buy ‘two of everything’ , or ‘one in every colour’ . The sales patter is definitely getting more pushy.
Does anyone buy two because a presenter told them to? I can't believe anyone would be so easily led. I really believe QVC's sales are going down.. Hence the 5, 4 and 3 monthly payments. The clothes, particularly, are poorly described even by the BA's. Ruth does a very good job of going into detail about her clothes.

I did get one for a fashion item saying I’d left it in my basket. Highly unlikely as said item only went up to a size 18 and I’m a size 30.

Buy one in every colour? Eg Denim &Co jacket @ £49.95 Five colours each with p&p of £4.95. Really. (Just noticed that P&P for each jacket is 10% of the cost of the jacket 😳😱😮

I only tune n to watch Diamonique as I did sometimes treat myself. Rarely watch these days as the BA is usually Mr Smarmy and they have too much stainless steel.

Other fashion on-line retailers do something similar. I get emails apologising for the problem “you have experienced with items in your basket”. Knowing I haven’t put anything into my basket, I obviously log-on to see what they’re talking about. Of course once I’m on the site I start browsing …….

Other fashion on-line retailers do something similar. I get emails apologising for the problem “you have experienced with items in your basket”. Knowing I haven’t put anything into my basket, I obviously log-on to see what they’re talking about. Of course once I’m on the site I start browsing …….
I get these advising I’ve “left something in my basket “or “the item you wanted is back n stock””. When I look as aforementioned items, they’re 99% of the time clothes that I wouldn’t even wear to take the bins out . Being vertically challenged, a maxi dress with a length of 55” would be a trip hazard. I did get one once advising a basque and bustiere was now in stock! Now if it’d been a set of thermal underwear I might have been tempted. I think some of these companies need to change their algorithms.

I've had one this year "we've missed you". They've missed me so much that it's worth a £5 voucher🤣🤣🤣.
Whenever I've ordered off Kaleidoscope or Cotton Traders,just got hubby two jumpers, I've usually got a 10 or 20% discount and/or free delivery.

I click on items I have no intention of buying, so then when I log onto the website they they are ‘have you forgotten’.This is watching your movements really spooky really but I just ignore & if something is in my basket hit Remove.I have come to the conclusion I don’t like shopping in shops anymore.There is so much pilfering going on everyone ( & rightly so) is under surveillance.I make a great show of removing my glasses from my bag in case they think I am sneaking something in there! I also buy very little from a local supermarket which I know has a serious shoplifting profile as I am not prepared to pay over the odds to cover their losses.

Really peeing me off!
I think every now and then they do a database search and if your name comes up you get one of these - I haven't had one for ages now (simple reason is I haven't bought from Q for a long while - and was never a regular buyer anyway), but before this I used to get something very similar on a regular basis, going on about was there something I'd overlooked in my basket and buy it now because it was selling out.

Funnily enough, it was never anything mentioned 'in my basket' that I'd actually looked at, which I used to find rather peculiar, so pretty obvious they were just touting for custom.

Latest posts

Back