Where are Debbie Greenwood & Julian Ballantyne?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just had a quick look at the latest posts on here and it seems it's becoming obsessional with some members. To a actually ring The Q help line and ask questions about presenters private business is awful in my opinion.

They even used to say "Elvis has left the building". After 20 years and being the first presenter, the least they could have said is that Julian has left QVC (if he has, we just don't know, that is the problem).

There was no need to give any reason, just a simple statement, then we wouldn't have 62 pages of speculation.

Just recently I was in a sitution where co worker very very suddenly left with a terminal illness and I had to take a lot of his calls. I found it very difficult to say nothing without lying or being rude. Amazing the number of people who wanted all ths details although I know in many cases it was out of concern.

I know this is not the same but perhaps we should give the people not directly involved some slack?

Strato, but J may have been dismissed, saying he has left could be wrong!

holmca, your Media Persuader fits better!

I still think D will end up on C&C, if only for the coup!

Doesn't surprise me that you would think that way!
Just had a quick look at the latest posts on here and it seems it's becoming obsessional with some members. To a actually ring The Q help line and ask questions about presenters private business is awful in my opinion.

I agree that Q has cultivated an image of the QVC 'family' and I also very, very much agree that they should have announced the 'leavers' in some way.... But, the reasons for leaving etc are none of our business.

This is real life and not a soap opera. This is people's livelihoods and professional reputations...

We have no moral or legal right to know the ins and outs of the reasons, negotiations etc.

The only sad thing is that I like Debbie and Julian and it would have been nice to see a goodbye wave or something like that.

I agree about the "reasons" part. As stated before, my main concern was to know simply whether or not they work there any more. They couldn't even answer that with a straight answer! Then as is of the case in morally righteous England we have people suggesting I have been "hounding" the call centre (quite how one very polite and professional telephone call constitutes "hounding" I will never know) and then people like Betty getting on her Shield Ivory soap box saying how "awful" it is that someone should telephone and ask for the truth. Well I want to know the truth. I have every dammed right to want to know the truth and the way I went about finding out was a lot more honest and direct than the people at QVC would appreciate.
I agree that Q has cultivated an image of the QVC 'family' and I also very, very much agree that they should have announced the 'leavers' in some way.... But, the reasons for leaving etc are none of our business.

This is real life and not a soap opera. This is people's livelihoods and professional reputations...

We have no moral or legal right to know the ins and outs of the reasons, negotiations etc.

The only sad thing is that I like Debbie and Julian and it would have been nice to see a goodbye wave or something like that.

I used the word 'hound' because I think this thread is turning slightly into a 'war cry'.

I'm gonna write to Paul Coia and ask him where his saccharine wife has disappeared to. She has fizzled out like a spoonful of Candarel in a coffee cup!

.. I propose that we ALL telephone into Customer Serrvices and request a confirmation.

In that case I am going to call them and demand to speak to a manager. They are clearly using avoidance tactics. I may also visit Chiswick some time. I go there fairly regularly.

Thinking about calling managers, contacting spouses, visiting premises (including, many posts ago, planning to visit Julian's own business outlet) is just getting OTT - but, as always, that is only my opinion.

These are real people... they may be stressed enough as it is without us adding to the mix.

Yes I did dislike the wall of silence. At least Debbie Greenwood has been considerate enough to give an indication as to what is happening. I respect her for doing this.

Did it make a difference to my life when they were at Q? No. Has it made a difference now they've gone? No.

It may have become a little out of hand now but don't forget that this thread initially started out of concern for their welfare, especially in light of recent bad news.

Personally, if I'd been working as the public face of a company for 20 years, I'd want everyone to know why I'd left, for the sake of my professional reputation if nothing else. I wouldn't want people thinking I'd been let go because I'd done something untoward. I'd also be upset that my years of work hadn't been acknowledged by my employer or people who watched.

If the departure (if there actually has been a departure) was not amicable all QVC need to say is " Joe Bloggs no longer works for QVC". If it was amicable then "Joe Bloggs no longer works for QVC, we would like to thank him for his efforts over the years and wish him well for the future" or some agreed statement is all that is needed. Simples!

EXACTLY! But they wouldn't even say that! They wer e just trying to fade them into the past, and fob off the few people who bothered to raise a query. Of course the reason for Julian Ballantyne's departure may be different to Debbie's. I'm sure on his facebook it said "Worked" at QVC, as in past tense, therefore he may have decided to to leave, or even been sacked / not had contract renewed.
If the departure (if there actually has been a departure) was not amicable all QVC need to say is " Joe Bloggs no longer works for QVC". If it was amicable then "Joe Bloggs no longer works for QVC, we would like to thank him for his efforts over the years and wish him well for the future" or some agreed statement is all that is needed. Simples!

Tbf I think Debbie herself hasn't helped matters with her tweets, she clearly is enjoying the fact people are talking about why shes not on Qvc anymore. I think like Boris said a simple statement to say they not longer work at Qvc would be good enough.

Qvc is always encouraging viewers to tweet and Fb them etc so it cant always be just on the things they want us to talk about, This forum will have bought a lot of business to Qvc over the years ,so I don't see why we shouldn't be allowed to talk about two long standing presenter's suddenly disappearing.

I don't know about that, Autumn. I'm sure she would rather get on with her job than worry about a few people in an internet forum. I can understand why it would be diffficult for her. I think he has said all that needs to be said and I thank her for that. I think the whole pay cut thing is quite a tricky one. You should expect to pay more for a fine wine as it ages, not less! Who would want to discuss their salary / contract with the general public? I wouldn't! QVC is going down that very PR-based route that many companies are following these days, maintaining a grip of iron on communications sin a desperate bid to maintain their brand reputation.
Tbf I think Debbie herself hasn't helped matters with her tweets, she clearly is enjoying the fact people are talking about why shes not on Qvc anymore. I think like Boris said a simple statement to say they not longer work at Qvc would be good enough.

Qvc is always encouraging viewers to tweet and Fb them etc so it cant always be just on the things they want us to talk about, This forum will have bought a lot of business to Qvc over the years ,so I don't see why we shouldn't be allowed to talk about two long standing presenter's suddenly disappearing.

I should imagine Jill Franks is quite cost effective. Her meal allowance is one can of Slim Fast a day and she flies home on her broomstick! She is very very very good at talking seamlessly at length, save for the occasional desperate gasp. Sadly the content of what she says is vapid and flakey! She could learn a lot from watching Cris St Valery on TJC or Derek Marks. I actually find that channel more entertaining some times!
Presumably JF gets a wages deduction for that.

Latest posts

Back