What's your take on Kipling !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like Kipling bags - for all the reasons mentioned before - and have bought quite a few from QVC (loved the black quilted effect Fairfax TSV too), but some TSV exclusives have been cheaper construction, and one won't even stay closed if I put anything in it!
However, much as I love the range of colours and all the fab pockets, I agree that the prices have been hiked too far now, and even in the outlet store all of the bags were over £40 last time I was there - and my love affair may be waning too

I love kipling ...the colours always change and new patterns ...they suit me down to the ground ...i find eBay have some great buys ...and all the regular places online ..I just can't not buy one if that makes sense ...I love the smarter styles too just lately and the pouches lol ...oh dear I'm off lol :mysmilie_17:...

i have been looking at my kipling bits and even though i have sold things i dont like all my purses are kipling, my sponge bags are kipling. i have purses to keep my pills. my large shopper is kipling. and today i bought a hip hurrah so i am not good at not buying non kipling bags

i have been looking at my kipling bits and even though i have sold things i dont like all my purses are kipling, my sponge bags are kipling. i have purses to keep my pills. my large shopper is kipling. and today i bought a hip hurrah so i am not good at not buying non kipling bags

Yes I agree They are great for bits and bobs ...medications in my Walan ...spare change in my creativity purse ( save 50ps for parking and window cleaner money lol) ...and I don't get bored with them as of course always new colours ..well I don't smoke or drink and I don't like leather bags ... and they are strong and durable ..I can't think of any other brand that attracts me the same way ...i look at other people's too ...lol just as well not everybody likes them otherwise there'd be a shortage :mysmilie_492:

like i said me and my sisters love kipling and when we went to the beauty bash 80% of the women there had kipling bags. it was so funny seeing that amount of bags in one area.

Kipling leather bags are lovely but pricey.

The problem with the other ones are that they as just too expensive for the material but it is that very same material which makes them light and hardwearing. And no matter what they say they are not smart enough for a bleeding wedding but as a work bag, shopping bag, travel bag they work well. (Just ditch the monkeys)

I just won't pay the price so only buy the very odd one in a sale or TK max.

I've got a fabulous laptop backpack from Kipling. It's east to west style and sits quite high up like the sort of satchels you see abroad. I think it's meant to be a school bag (spaces for name and class) but I love it!

My Mum and I are the complete opposites. She is very organised and practical, whereas I care more about the look of an item than it's practicality. She has to have a cross body bag, without handles obstructing the zip, and with plenty of organisation compartments inside. Her outerwear consists of waterproof anoraks, with snug fitting hoods to put up when it rains. I wear a smart coat and carry a handheld bag and umbrella. We are always laughing about it. She always used to really struggle to find bags that didn't drive her mad, but hasn't looked back since discovering Kipling. The prices have continued to go up, though, and they do seem to do a lot of hideous, gaudy prints now, which aren't her cup of tea. Also, they changed the lining from a softer material to one that feels more plasticy, but I don't know whether that's just the QVC exclusives?

I've never been tempted.I am the opposite to many who love lots of pockets .

I hate too many pockets .I can never find anything and end up rummaging through all the different pockets and getting into a right pickle.

I could use a larger one as a beach bag or shopper,but there are much cheaper bags around for that.

Kipling is one of those (many!) QVC brands that I simply do not "get" in any way at all! So glad I'm not the only one, as it often seems as if I am, both on this forum and as a qvc viewer in general (see also Molton Brown, Cozee home, Peony fake flowers and any LED candle ever invented...)
I've never seen a Kipling bag, or purse etc, that I would want to be seen carrying, I just find them horribly ugly! I don't like the fabric, the "style"/ shapes, the prints or the awful/pointless monkeys! Add to those factors the crazy prices and those bits of Kipling shows I've caught (I like Marie Francoise), and I just find myself utterly puzzled as to the whole concept!

Glad that's off my chest, nice to express my feelings!! Didn't realise quite how much I hate them ;)

But NO offence to anyone who loves the bags and is happy to pay for them, and gets some enjoyment from them and for whom they work, knock yourselves out! :)

i do get them very cheap i have a large black zipped shopper style with a black patent base so quite smart and i use it on the beach, as a travel bag it holds my travel slanket. it was supposed to be well £50 but i paid £21 and it will last forever. i get many comments.i always think with kipling if you buy something you love within the range you know its built to last and if you buy a mistake you can always sell it on for a good price.

leather bags i loved in my youth and would spend a good fortnights wage on the top end bags.

I like Kipling bags because they are light, and hold quite a lot, but I would never collect them. The first thing I did with my bag was take the silly monkey off. I have bought quite a few over the years as presents as they seem to be liked by young and old.

I have half a dozen Kipling bags but I no longer buy them from Q I get them much cheaper from Amazon. There is a shop near to me who sell them and if I have had a couple from there. I usually sell a couple before I buy a new one. I like them because they are so light weight and practical but I have other bags I use for occasions and nights out.

I am a Kipling fan because they are light (I have back problems), colourful and lots of pockets. I have hand/shoulder bags, some luggage, and a laptop bag. Re laptop bag which I have in bright pink - I was once told by a policeman to keep my laptop in as bright and colourful bag as possible as potential thieves might be put off by bags that are easily spotted whereas a black/brown one just blend in.
I don't collect but do have different shapes and colours to match various outfits.
However, whilst I was introduced to Kipling by QVC I rarely buy from them now due to the prices and the garish patterns that now seem to dominate. I now buy from Amazon and Kipling online when they have sales.

i dont collect i hate collection items. and if i think it will lead to collecting i stop in my tracks. ie yankees. i have really burned a lot of jars and feel great when i bin an empty jar. have not replaced any large jars this year apart from the house of harris olive and sea salt for £20 inc free post from the "reasons not to shop with qvc post..

Great for things like overnight bags, a flight bag or a hold-all. Brilliant in fact. I stay away from home at least one night a week so mine gets well used and they stand up well.

I also like them as holiday bags. I bought a pre loved white Fairfax and used it on holiday this year. I also have a pink Eldorado for day trips on holiday. They're lightweight meaning I can pack them easily for day time then pack a glitzy evening bag and I'm done.

But as I really only like proper handbags, by which I mean ones you carry in your hand, then that rules out most Kipling bags for me.

I have one that I love. An older style. It's purple and a very deep pink with a bow on the front and silver spots. Might be a Toppy?! Wish they'd bring that back.
For work I prefer a leather bag and I've never really looked at the leather Kipling offerings.

I used to love Kipling bags, my first one being the blue Eldorado TSV I think it was. When it arrived I was really taken aback by the simplicity of it, not in a good way either, I remember thinking, it's just plastic material and flat as a pancake and for the price, very expensive - it was a measly £22 then with the p&p. BUT the QVC brainwashed fan that I was back then, thought well QVC told me it was fashionable and everyone loved them so I shook that feeling off and made myself fall in love with it. Then I got another a few months later and gave this original one to by best friend. I had a few more over the years but NO MORE. One of the things, apart from realising years down the line QVC are just a money grabbing bunch of vampires, is my friends STILL uses this bag. She looks after it, washes it only sometimes and it still looks exactly the same, she says she has no need to replace it because it's everything she needs and I wish I'd kept it as I feel I wasted my money buying more. Now I buy lots of different styles and go for the look and practicality not the brand or 'shop'- I am not a slave to brands and that's definitely what QVC encourage with it's customers. I look at them sometimes on QVC but then the price makes my eyes come out on stalks, you are lucky to get a make up bag for £22 off QVC now days.

thats why i sold a lot now i have my core styles not dozens. but i dont just have handbags lol

I'm a bit late to the thread here, but, for me you cannot beat a Kipling bag when you're travelling. Lightweight, organised, pack flat in your luggage, great for the job. BUT I think some of the styles sold on QVC look ****** awful. I also would never pay full price for one, amazon or other online retailers are where I buy them from.

Latest posts

Back