What's your take on Kipling !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I want a flight trolley bag but they are so expensive and don't have an eye to buy from eBay .

With my recent diagnosis of Dyspraxia and Dyslexia, they are a god-send, the diagnosis is recent the impact of the condition is not... The ability to find things in my bag easily, makes so much difference to my peace of mind! Bus pass immediately to hand every morning and evening and in between. I don't like many styles and the prints make me feel queasy to look at. I like the simple easy to use bags, I was given my first one about 12 years ago and I use the working bags for work and always carry one. I have a kipling suitcase and cosmetic case. Now I have to carry eyedrops all day, I have up-sized a little. I have never bought from QVC and only in sales or at Amazon special prices.

I want a flight trolley bag but they are so expensive and don't have an eye to buy from eBay .

i bought one a few months ago for a little over £30 from amazon. it was difficult to get a deal and you have to keep looking. its the teagan xs so you can carry it on the plane as it will fit. saves paying extra for luggage. this can cost well over £100.

This sounds really mad but I think Kipling is under my skin lol ..I literally am just fascinated with the brand ...it's strange isn't it when some love it and some just don't get it ...I am always looking out for new colours and styles ...never bored of it all ....American colours are gorgeous too ...

One of the things I particularly like is that unlike most "organiser" bags, they don't dictate how you use the various pockets on the bags. The one I bought which had a front which was to replace a purse went straight back. Normally the bags don't steer you in a particular direction.

As it happens, I'm currently using a backpack rather than a handbag, and apart from using the padded section for my laptop, I just make up where I store other bits & pieces... but the beauty is that when I want something, I don't have to look for it... I just put my hand in and pluck it out from where I have chosen to put my keys/purse/glasses/diary/phone/painkillers/lipbalm/nailfile etc.

When my Kipling bag is heavy, I know it's me stuffing things in that's the problem, not the bag.

When I'm not using that, I have a Reth, an Alvar, a Marie-Françoise and a Gabbie... or my large shopping tote (dazzling beige with a black patent base). Oh, and not forgetting my travel essential - my Large Art tote that is my hand luggage of choice.

I'm not fussed about the monkeys. I don't like both grab handles and shoulder straps on at the same time (the detachable strap for the large shopping tote is somewhere... no idea where). I don't like popper fastenings and detest (and refuse to buy) velcro straps. I love the luggage grade nylon they are made of - it's so sturdy. The zips are fantastically strong and dependable.

I like the fellow feeling when I come across another Kipling bag wearer... sometimes we get chatting, sometimes a nod and a smile... I don't and won't collect - to me that is a waste of time, space and money.

So for a bag that's easy to live with and makes my life easier, I don't think I'll be losing my fondness for Kipling any time soon.

I keep coming back to this thread to add some more... so have to agree with my namesake May that this brand does get under your skin. Find the right styles for your need and lifestyle and you may never look back!

I keep coming back to this thread to add some more... so have to agree with my namesake May that this brand does get under your skin. Find the right styles for your need and lifestyle and you may never look back![/QUOTE]

lol absolutely May :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_59:

i dont like grab handles, velcro or flaps. i must have cross body so my favourite bag for the last few years is the alvar. i have it in the black topical print embossed but all black. its a small bag but i can fit my kipling umbrella, phone, cloth shopping bags, nail file. kipling purse, i pod, oyster card, tin of vaseline, lipstick. perfume. poo pourri, tissues, earphones, small l'occitane handcream, trolley tokens, gym locker tokens etc. it took me years to work out that this bag suits me. and it has three zips and i know where i have put my gubbins lol

i have my eye on the reth its a little bit on the big side but its a nice style. a real classic. quite lady like with no irritating bits on it

i have my eye on the reth its a little bit on the big side but its a nice style. a real classic. quite lady like with no irritating bits on it

Absolutely! My very first bag was a pink Jeel which had a puffy pocket on the front and two on the sides. For me that was the first revelation of how easy life was with a Kipling. I prefer the Reth to either the Jeel or the Gabbie as it's smaller and neater. I love the two zips across the too and the large pocket across the front that is nearly as wide as the bag.

My Alvar (melon, and caffe latte) have 2 zips across the top and 2 up the sides - so if yours has 3, I'm guessing yours is smaller than mine, Boffy... but WOW do you get a lot in there! I am looking for a well-priced black Alvar, ideally with some embossing to make it more interesting (and less likely to have a furry monkey). Of the classic range, Alvar (even with fluffy monkey) is a very smart style in my opinion.

With the Dyspraxia, I need a flapover bag for security, I have a bad habit of forgetting to zip up bags. I like bags that are happy cross body. I have a Delphin (in a rose gold shade, currently in the laundry basket), and a Cayleen (in dark nude).

i also have your tote with the patent bottom in the black embossed floral. i use it on the beach and out for smarter shopping and travel.

Anyone been to the outlet at Bicester Village? That's good for luggage. Not cheap as chips but pretty good prices. Bought my hold-all from there about ten years ago. Big enough for a long weekend. Looks really good still.

I got into Kipling through QVC, hadn't heard of them before, ages ago.
It was mainly the lightness that got me hooked. I have so many gorgeous leather bags but they weigh a ton before you even start to put things in.
I'm probably in the minority as I really don't like cross body bags at all. Much prefer gab handles or proper shoulder bags, the reason why most of mine are the Defea or Bagsational, have a few in different colours virtually all plain as I'm not keen on the prints unless they're very subdued colours. I like the textured ones though.
I have a bag full of detachable straps, off ones like the Defea, that have never been used.
But I haven't bought one from Q in ages. The prices are stupid now & the specially made ones are mostly tacky. Most of my recent ones have been via Amazon.

my sister has a defea but i dont like the short handles and the tiny zips on the small pockets. but i love the look of it just does not work for me practically

I wish they'd stop doing the "made for QVC" bags as TSVs for a while & do more of their pouches as they can be used for so many things.

Late to the thread, but I love Kipling bags. I used to have a new one every season when I was working, just for the change of colour really.
Now retired, I don't need a large bag any more. I bought a lovely medium sized teal coloured Kipling cross body bag from Amazon a couple of years ago. It has a quilted pocket on the front, and a metal monkey charm, I love it.
Love the fact that they are so light to carry, and that they can be washed in the machine. I sold all my old 'work' ones on eBay and they fetched good prices.
(My mum, who is in her 80s, also likes them for their organiser capabilities, their lightness, and the security of their zips and cross body styling, but she will only have them in black, and takes the monkey off!).

With my "menopause brain" I really need the organisation that Kipling gives us ...my son has dyspraxia and I'm always pleading with him to try a backpack etc as it would help him ...so far not relented bless him lol ...my older son has one and ,over it and when he when they both went to Uni they said how many students had them ...just gotta love a bit of Kipling ...even if you don't like the bags the pouches scarves and toilettry bags are brilliant too ! ... I used to buy my handbags at the local town centre ..same old boring ones ...as like many of you ...QVC set me off lol :mysmilie_17:

just recieved my newest item. i buy the camoflage company cloth bags in place of carrier bags and i like the fact i can fold them into a tiny pouch, that esaily fits in my alvar. but they are falling apart after several months and are quite expensive if you have to replace them all the time. so i bought a hip hurrah from amazon and i know that i will have it for years as long as i dont lose it. :thinking:

Latest posts

Back