What's your QVC type?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
For those of you who are happy to admit their QVC tastes, I have been wondering if there are any stereotypes that may have developed over the last 20 years.

It's very easy to do with Fashion and beauty. To take a random sample:

Does Kipling always go with Birkies?
Tocca or Tova?
Lulu Guinness and Kelly Hoppen?

Are you more likely to buy one Q brand if you buy another?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

For those of you who are happy to admit their QVC tastes, I have been wondering if there are any stereotypes that may have developed over the last 20 years.

It's very easy to do with Fashion and beauty. To take a random sample:

Does Kipling always go with Birkies?
Tocca or Tova?
Lulu Guinness and Kelly Hoppen?

Are you more likely to buy one Q brand if you buy another?

Ive always used Elemis and then during a show heard Keeley mention about how well it works with bare minerals so decided to give it ago and really like it, probably would have never used Bare minerals otherwise, now its the only foundation i wear.

I guess people that bought Julia's book may be end up buying either a shredder or bin :angel:

I remember a few years ago they did a min beauty hamper with products from Elemis , l'occitane etc in it, i thought that was a great idea as it gave u an opportunity to not only use a brand u were familiar with but also try a brand u have never used before

I don't know if I'm any sort of stereotype but this is what I buy regularly:

Philosophy, Alpha H, Bare Minerals, Laura Geller, Mally

Birkenstocks (not from QVC, from a German website called footshopping with free postage as the shoes are cheaper),
Kipling (mainly leather bags, again not from QVC but from their Outlet shops),
I was introduced to both brands by QVC though, then I researched and bought elsewhere!

Ronni Nicole dresses
Lola Rose (more direct from LR though when they have a sale)
Kimberley Selwood Silver (although not any more as they discontinued her jewellery)
Taxco silver
Other silver jewellery

Bedding - I have bought Northern nights but now Kelly Hoppen (bought a set of hers as a present for a friend and now I want some of her bedding for myself - got my eye on 800TC set which is lovely but I'm trying to be good)

Plants

That's my regular purchases anyway!

I use a bit of Decleor and a bit of Gatineau

I also use a bit of Laura Geller and a bit of Mally

Maybe some of those things from the kitchen hours would go with some of those yummy looking Pies they have on sometimes :grin:

Well this evening I am wearing OPI nail polish with a Sincerely by Caroline Pollack ring. But I didn't buy the OPI from QVC from memory. The ring is rhodonite and the nail polish is a very similar colour but perhaps a little paler. Devilled if I can remember what it's called.

I have to say that I rarely buy from QVC, I hardly ever watch it and dislike the new website intensely! Purchases now are usually things I've always used (ABC tea tree oil for example) or something (usually not expensive) bought to try out in response to a need (beauty/kitchen etc.) I also check out other sellers before buying. Brands I like/have used in the past include :

Birkenstock (original pair bought from QVC and loved until puppy chewed them. Replacement pair from QVC - also ended up chewed. Third pair bought from Amazon as Q no longer stock the style. They are kept well away from the hound!!!!!)

L'Occitane - sometimes bought from QVC.

Kipling - have a small bag I've had for yonks which is great and currently looking for a replacment. Would only ever have one, though, not into multiple bags!

Used to like South-western silver but not into jewellery much now.

Like some of the bedding, but wish QVC would sell duvet covers separately as I don't want 4 pillowcases or a bottom sheet!

So far it seems that Kipling bags DO go hand in hand with birkies

I don`t own a Kipling
I don`t own Birkis
Am I missing anything by not owning them ??

lol. No not missing anything.

I have 2 kiplings but no birkies

A Kipling bag, Birkenstocks, OPi, Nails Inc, Perfect Formula and some It Works cleaning blocks which incedentally are a load of crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only dept I've not bothered with is craft,clothes,food & fitness.Everything else I think I've tried lol

Skincare & all types of cosmetics as I'm a total beauty junkie though I must say the lady on Ebay with her homemade cleansing balm & moisturisers is giving them all a run for their money.

Fab products,so much so that I'm going to place an order for my dd this evening.

BTW I've tried tons of mascaras but always go back to cheap & cheerful Maybelline Great Lash,my all time fave.

Latest posts

Back