'whats the point?'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JR's Ego

Registered Shopper
I can be a big retail-moaner, I have my moments

Now admit, Im not a day in day out QVC watcher... However when I do, I often think.
'whats the b...y point'? For instance

- the VERY annoying background loop music during shows.. Laura Geller being the most annoying to me
- Selling clothing items that make a 5'10, size 10 model look like she has gained an instant 3 stones ("its not about size" ha! you can say that again)
- Offering a 30 day MBG when its known (so I hear) if one exceeds this by 20%, customer gets back listed
And has anyone returned food? I admit way back when I returned a cake with gltter on top minus 1 slice.. Really! and that one slice cost me £9

Contributions welcome!
oh and a huge Merry Chrstmas to all

Just had a quick look to see that Jill Franks has a bulldog clip pulling in the top she's wearing to make it look tight fitting again, its a floaty number but in her wisdom, she's decide to alter the whole look. What's the point of her wearing it in the first place? Mouthy Renee mustn't care but I'm sure the customer will when they have to pay for the return postage because it doesn't hang how it does on JF, hope they ring up CS for a pre paid returns label, because it's false advertising.

I didn't return food JR, so no return postage. I just phoned them up, said it was horrid and they refunded my cash. Wasn't a problem when I complained. You don't need to return plants either.

CC

I think the repeated washing of hands in a bowl of water is pointless. If there are 3 or 4 different ones in a set...MB for example...they wash with every one of them. It all looks the same to us, they could just sniff from the bottle to describe the scent, which of course they go into raptures about, but the facial expressions tell the truth occasionally.
The same with models spraying perfume, what is the point!!!

Just had a quick look to see that Jill Franks has a bulldog clip pulling in the top she's wearing to make it look tight fitting again, its a floaty number but in her wisdom, she's decide to alter the whole look. What's the point of her wearing it in the first place? Mouthy Renee mustn't care but I'm sure the customer will when they have to pay for the return postage because it doesn't hang how it does on JF, hope they ring up CS for a pre paid returns label, because it's false advertising.

I understand what you mean, but to be fair if Julia Roberts can wear a size small, it's no wonder Jill Franks has to pull the clothes in with a clip.

I didn't return food JR, so no return postage. I just phoned them up, said it was horrid and they refunded my cash. Wasn't a problem when I complained. You don't need to return plants either.

CC

Really?? Is this an insider secret? OMG. Im sure now sales for those Gower brownies will go through the roof:mysmilie_5:

I wonder if the Peony collection are classed as plants

Last edited:
I think all these cosmetics and fashion brands and made in one giant QVC factory staffed by overworked Artisans.

Latest posts

Back