What's been your most "considered" purchase from QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brubalu

Registered Shopper
And would you buy it again from QVC or could you now get a better deal elsewhere ?

Mine was a garnet and diamond ring in gold (£150) , bought about 8 years ago , I still love it and wish Q still did the same ranges and prices , which were value for money , not like the tat they charge a fortune for today :sad:

My Bose portable sound dock. It was about £300 and came with earphones which I sold on Ebay for £70 (covered one of the easy payments from that). The sound is brilliant and I like being able to move it around the house or take it on holiday with us. Definitely a considered purchase. A close second is my new Clarisonic. Love it.

I bought a Rose gold ring that was about £200 about 18 months ago. It's like a parcel bow and I absolutely love it. I have never seen anything like it anywhere. I thought it was expensive at the time but easy payments allowed me to go for it and I don't regret it. I don't think I could have found it cheaper elsewhere, but to some degree I don't care. I've said a few times on here that I buy jewellery with my heart.

I don't think I've bought anything else that is what I would call a considered purchase.

never had a "considered" purchase from them but am considering closing my account as nothing appeals to either my taste or my bank balance these days.

My own most "considered purchase" was a Fuji bridge camera. Think it was about £399 with all the bits and bobs which came with it.
I was ready to upgrade from an ordinary compact digital and Matt Trim sold it to me with his enthusiasm for it (whether real or faked, I don't know:confused:), but either way, am glad I bought it and have had some lovely pics with it.
Would I have bought it elsewhere? Probably not, as I went for the easy pay option which was a big help.
Still learning how to use all the functions though :blush:. For that money I really need to use the auto setting less and get more creative.
:doh:

However the most expensive thing I own from Q is the HP Vivienne Tam 10" netbook (the gold coloured one with the butterflies) which my OH half bought me for my 50th a couple of years ago. I use it every day, it still looks as good as new and (shall no doubt regret typing this...) has never given me any problems. I still love it. It's beautiful.

Mine was the Vax carpet cleaner, when it was a TSV. Now having a toddler it's a godsend.

I have ordered some considerable purchases from QVC , usually when I think they are cheaper than high street or if their value is good.
I bought a camera:Canon SX30 14MP Bridge Camera 35x Opt Zoom, Image Stabilizer, 2GB Card & Case which was something like £346+
I had ordered a Charlie Lapson handbag, after reading the reviews on how wonderful it looked, and sent it straight back, because it looked so "plasticy" and cheap :puke:that I would not be seen with it!
I have a Lulu bag that was OTO (after seeing it being announced here.) Lulu Guinness Nappa Quilted Leather Large Ruthie Bag which was reduced from £327 plus P&P 6.45 to £246.21 with P&P, which I thought was good value, even though I did not really need it :)
When it came, it was just stuffed in a plastic bag and pushed in a card box!!! and no dust cover:mysmilie_455:.
I have not used it yet (another item stuffed at the back of my wardrobe) but I will do so sometime:thinking:.

I brought my first flat screen TV from Q about 7 years ago, It was on easy pay which was the only way I was going to be able to afford it back then.
It is still going strong in my sons bedroom as I replaced it for a HD one not to long ago.
This one was from Asda as it was so much cheaper than anything I had seen on Q.

Not a considered purchase as such, but my most expensive order, five of the litre size bottles of my ABC skinwash the other week! We use a lot of it, and having a respiratory illness I don't use sprays and such but I will use my skinwash for cleaning down the basin & shower, in the soap dispensers, dilute it into a spray for kitchen worktops etc..and I figured ordering five of them saved me two whole P & P charges so I felt justified! QVC's is the still the cheapest I've found in spite of the hefty P & P charge, tho I keep looking!

A Clogau gold bangle watch for our silver wedding anniversary nearly 9 years ago now. I've worn it every day since and I still love it each time I look at it.

It may well have been cheaper elsewhere but at the time I was brainwashed into thinking their prices were the most competitive.

Not a considered purchase as such, but my most expensive order, five of the litre size bottles of my ABC skinwash the other week! We use a lot of it, and having a respiratory illness I don't use sprays and such but I will use my skinwash for cleaning down the basin & shower, in the soap dispensers, dilute it into a spray for kitchen worktops etc..and I figured ordering five of them saved me two whole P & P charges so I felt justified! QVC's is the still the cheapest I've found in spite of the hefty P & P charge, tho I keep looking!

Further to my above post, I should have said also that I did rather better for my money than I expected - my five bottles, all taped together, had been lobbed over the 6'5" side gate and it was with some trepidation that I rescued and unpacked them..all was well until the last one, which must have been the part that hit the floor, both box and bottle split, and of course contents oozed all over the inside of the box. I rang CS and explained and she promptly arranged for a replacement to be sent out, even turning down my offer to send in a photo to prove what I was saying - I managed to salvage a good half of the broken bottle (plastic) so I did in fact get about 5½ litres instead of five - and well done to Customer Services in this instance!

Two zultanite gold rings, one for me, one for DD, we treated ourselves a few years ago. They don't have any of this gemstone anymore but the gem/jewellery channels do. They are lovely stones and we are really pleased with them, they were just under £300 on clearance or last clicks.

The most expensive thing I've bought from QVC is Doris my KitchenAid, she was last October's TSV. I paid just under £390 but considered that I'd only spent the £8.95 as rent till 25th Jan 2012 to test her out under the MBG. I think it's in instances like this that QVC comes into its own. In the event she's more than earned her keep, and the QVC deal worked out cheaper than the cheapest alternative supplier (Amazon.)

Six years ago I bought some earrings from the platinum 950 range when they still did it. I paid £138 for them, I can remember it as it was a lot of money to me at the time, but I totally loved them and have worn them constantly. Recently I asked a high end jeweller what it would cost to make a second as-near-as-possible identical pair (not an inflated insurance figure) and was quoted £980 :happy:. I was pleased but have to say I agree with Tinkerbelle - the value for me in jewellery is in how much pleasure I get from it not what it's worth or what it cost :nod:

My most considered purchase is my Clarasonic - I bought it just over a year ago and use it twice a day. I would not be without one now.

A Casio camera that was a TSV and was about £150. Great little camera that I pop in my bag and that I reach for if I can't get my Canon SLR out in time.

Also bought a freeview recorder but it 'died' after about 2 years, so my ex-husband gave me his old freeview recorder when he got a Virgin set up.

Most of my other purchases are between £12 and £40, but there aren't many of those nowadays.

My Samsung NC10 netbook, which at about £290 was expensive as they were a recent invention at that time. I'd only just heard of netbooks when this was a TSV so the MBG and easy pays were ideal. I kept it and love it - use it every day and take it away with me because I hate to be parted from my e-mail and internet. I've never found it at a much lower price elsewhere.

I really want a fancy one such as the Vivienne Tam or a bright pink but couldn't justify until this one dies.

Linda xx

Latest posts

Back