what ????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jill use to only present Keep-fit stuff when I started watching QVC about 12 years ago and her wheezing was dreadful- she looked and sounded so unhealthy.I know they had loads of complaints and suddenly she was presenting anything and everything -and I could no longer avoid watching her :(
I believe she does have asthma.

Jill use to only present Keep-fit stuff when I started watching QVC about 12 years ago and her wheezing was dreadful- she looked and sounded so unhealthy.I know they had loads of complaints and suddenly she was presenting anything and everything -and I could no longer avoid watching her :(
I believe she does have asthma.

Yes, I don't know if she still does, but she used to do personal training outside of her QVC work. I dare say the strong airconditioning they have in the tv studios to counteract the heat of the lights won't be helping - it's very dry air. I always want Jill to slow down, breathe, and complete a sentence before starting on another sentence.

She seems to have expanded the range of shows she presents quite significantly. From health and fitness, to beauty, to handbags, to fashion... not sure if she does shoes though. But the last 2 years she's been farmed right out of her comfort zone into the kitchen and the garden. I actually find it very funny watching her on the gardening shows, but I don't find her patent lack of interest and enthusiasm very professional.

I couldn't help but notice how she was audibly gasping for air at the end of her sentences. Is she asthmatic or had some chest complaint recently? She hasn't looked well for a while.

That was the first thing I noticed about her when I got QVC years ago, and I couldn't watch her for that reason - it was like she had to get ALL the information out in one frantic sentence and then would audibly draw a long breath - I put it down to needing more presenter training with an emphasis on breathing techniques (like singers have to) - it has irritated me less over the years but i still cannot watch a whole hour of her with the sound on.

Has anyone noticed lately (fashion show last night in particular ) she can barely speak due to laughing when the camera is on the models. There is obviously some sort of in joke with the gallery but it is very unprofessional, rude and more that anything annoying, you couldn't hear sizes she was laughing so much - and it was the entire way through the show.

Has anyone noticed lately (fashion show last night in particular ) she can barely speak due to laughing when the camera is on the models. There is obviously some sort of in joke with the gallery but it is very unprofessional, rude and more that anything annoying, you couldn't hear sizes she was laughing so much - and it was the entire way through the show.

one of my pet hates, so I totally agree.

one of my pet hates, so I totally agree.

Me too!!! Always with the in jokes... she's clearly never been taught that you share the joke or keep it entirely to yourself. Not pointedly making everyone not in the joke feel excluded. Manners cost nothing. It's one of my biggest peeves with Jill that she is constantly doing this at all hours of the day she presents on QVC. Obviously she's worse with some guests than with others...:mysmilie_51:

... then there's the ones where she revs up the innuendo <<shudder>> :mysmilie_10:

Latest posts

Back