what ????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
WHAT HAS JILL F GOT ON HER HEAD ??

Just turned over to see Jill F looking like God knows what. I couldn't stop laughing ! It reminded me of Johnny Depp as Tonto and the flack he got for having a dead raven on his head !

I just turned over after watching Big Brother. and thought I was seeing things for a minute.
Just when you think JF can't get any worse.....she does.
Is that wig/hairpiece thing modelled by her meant to have us all jumping to the phones?

After watching that hour, don't normally watch QVC but I was glued to the TV, I was fascinated by the manic strength JF was talking and stressing each and every word more than usual and talking that fast that she started a new sentence before she finished the last, I also found out two things, that yes I do need Tena Lady after seeing JF with that "fringe" thinking she looked all that and Alison Young always wears a wig..........I knew it! :mysmilie_14:

I missed the very start of the show but watched most of it thinking if Jill loves these so much why doesn't she wear one because her hair looks like rats tails tonight. Later I realised that she was actually wearing one.

She then told us a tale of how she went out for dinner with her girlfriends wearing one of these and nobody realised. Is it meant to be a selling point that your hair doesn't actually look any different when you wear one? As for the fringe words fail me!

I spent the whole show wondering if the wigs had product on them, or were intended to look that greasy...?

Having seen a few people wearing hair pieces, i have to say Please DO worry about your shade choice. Brown hair with a black hair piece looks like you have a dead cat on your head. And blonde piece with red hair looks like a paintbrush dipped in magnolia paint.

And please brush them.

But, of course, the best thing to do is buy a quality one, from a professional wig maker/seller. Spend good money on an excellent wig. Get it cut and coloured to suit you, and you can look marvellous.

I thought she looked ok at the start but when she popped the fringe on my goodness that really didn't do her any favours!! Wrong colour too. The presenter is good and knows her stuff and I thought she looked good. Didn't think the models looked that great either.

A light dusting of dry shampoo will take down the shine on a hair piece, if you have dark hair use a dry shampoo for brunettes so it doesn't look talcy.

Has anyone got a link to JF with fake fringe, I do so need a good belly laugh today and I suspect this may do the trick!

Although I didnt see JF I did see a quick flick of Angela Rippon on another channel wearing some sort of a "thing" attached to the back of her hair.
Now nice and all as AR is, her hair has been in the same Queenie style for ever and it was exactly the same style but with a bunch of curls attached at the back, the worse thing was the two were not even remotely the same shade.
Sooooo wrong in so many ways.

Oh gawd, here I go again, laughing out loud reading all these posts (I'm also reaching for the Tena Lady, too, shopperholic)...sounds like I missed a gem last night. But have you considered that perhaps it's the launch of a new look? You won't be laughing when we are ALL walking around with dead ravens on our heads over the winter months....you heard it here first, remember

Has anyone got a link to JF with fake fringe, I do so need a good belly laugh today and I suspect this may do the trick!

I didn`t see her but did she look something similar to this ?
poodle.jpg
or maybe this
frnge.jpg

Oh gawd, here I go again, laughing out loud reading all these posts (I'm also reaching for the Tena Lady, too, shopperholic)...sounds like I missed a gem last night. But have you considered that perhaps it's the launch of a new look? You won't be laughing when we are ALL walking around with dead ravens on our heads over the winter months....you heard it here first, remember
Tena Lady. Now, as I get older, I'm beginning to wish I had shares in the product. Jill Franks was so over the top last night. Everything was "cute" - even her! Why do they bother to have representatives for the products when Jill is able to say so much and without pausing for breath? I nearly fell on the floor at one point when she was talking about clipping something to the temples and pointed to the top of her head. She looked such a mess too.

I struggle to see how she could keep looking at herself in the monitor without breaking down - either in horror or in hysterical laughter !

Perhaps she should consider selling comedy items, i.e. whoopee cushions, rubber noses and fake mustaches - I would tune in for that hour (tho not to buy you understand) - I think she should present the whole hour on those stilts that you could buy in the 70s, they looked like upside down flower pots with long pieces of string, that you put your feet through.jill franks.JPG

Isn't she already on stilts ? oh no, they're her shoes - its her legs that are the bits of string.

Before I get shouted down for being SO cruel, my dear old Dad said this when I was 16 and had my first pair of stilletoes (circa 1964). I was showing him, and he said turn around and lets have a proper look. Then the crusher - he said "oh you've got two bits of string hanging from your dress.......... oh no, they're your legs !" cue flouncy teenager out of the room.

Last edited:
She was just as bad in the l'Occitane TSV hour and had kept one of those offending rugs on her head too. She behaves as though she is a complete authority on everything and won't let the guest get a word in. It must be hard work having to share a show with her when she's off spouting like that.

A couple of weeks ago she was doing a Kipling show.
There was a wallet in which you could but your mobile. She said she had it in multiple shades and was a terrific idea and sooooo useful to her.
Later on in the night she presented the same item and went into raptures over the same wallet and couldn't get over this amaaazzzing innovation which she had never seen before.

Nuff said.

A couple of weeks ago she was doing a Kipling show.
There was a wallet in which you could but your mobile. She said she had it in multiple shades and was a terrific idea and sooooo useful to her.
Later on in the night she presented the same item and went into raptures over the same wallet and couldn't get over this amaaazzzing innovation which she had never seen before.

Nuff said.

I am sure they think we are all total cabbages!

I couldn't help but notice how she was audibly gasping for air at the end of her sentences. Is she asthmatic or had some chest complaint recently? She hasn't looked well for a while.

Latest posts

Back