ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Swankypants

Registered Shopper
Holy crap on a cracker!

£1500 for an ironing board?

I've seen it all.

Oh, wait, it's on 3 EASY payments of £500. Panic over

For once the price is comparable to John Lewis - free P&P and only 5p difference in price.

I'll stick with my ironing service though - it's one of my vices... there's nothing better than seeing the piles of laundry disappear and be replaced with freshly ironed hanging items ready to go in the wardrobes.

There's a lot of things I'd cut out before going back to doing my own!

Oh bother, I missed it. I so wanted an expensive ironing board....not:mysmilie_845:

I hate ironing! But I suppose I should get a few for the gift drawer, binmen, guy who delivers my cat food and cat litter.:mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:

As said for that I would expect a professional ironing person to come and do that. Actually that is what my Mum was, she worked in a clothing factory and did the ironing of the garments before they got folded and sent out. She used to bring our ironing into work when I was young to do it there.

Well, I don't know what to say.
Meanness takes all forms, but to think that paying £1,500 for an ironing board is too much really takes the biscuit.
Hang your heads in shame, all of you, and think for once of the poor starving presenters at QVC who need us on our phones right now.

Honestly!

I hope it comes in a 'colourway' that matches my knobbed toilet brush, so that when I open the door to show visitors the downstairs cloakroom, they will know that the au pair has all her cleaning and laundry requisites in harmonious shades.

I actually don`t mind ironing and find it quite relaxing at times but there`s no way I`d ever pay such a ridiculous price for an ironing board. My ironing board is over 40 years old and still going strong so I reckon it will see me out.

Swankypants, yes, but be fair, you overlooked saying that it sings like Domingo, it dances like Fred Astaire, it says "my new book has just come out....", it trims Simon Biagi's chest hair, not to mention putting the clothes away after ironing them. Personally, I've ordered 3, one for me and 2 to give to friends as gifts....(not). By the way, I love your saying "Holy crap on a cracker!":mysmilie_483:

Holy crap on a cracker!

£1500 for an ironing board?

I've seen it all.

Oh, wait, it's on 3 EASY payments of £500. Panic over

Did you watch it demonstrated?

It blows warm air up from the ironing board into the garment.

Debbie was hilarious (unintentionally, I suspect), advising us to buy it "for the person who does your ironing for you". She alluded to having staff. I'm sorry, but that's a non-existent parallel universe where the wealthy sit and watch QVC :mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483: It sounded pretty desperate to me. They were selling the stock they had, though.

I hate ironing! But I suppose I should get a few for the gift drawer, binmen, guy who delivers my cat food and cat litter.:mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:

As said for that I would expect a professional ironing person to come and do that. Actually that is what my Mum was, she worked in a clothing factory and did the ironing of the garments before they got folded and sent out. She used to bring our ironing into work when I was young to do it there.

Can you just imagine giving one to the binman et al? They'd think you were getting rid of some rubbish instead of giving the tenner they really wanted!

what about teacher presents, didnt they mention they would be good as teacher presents? (they usually do)

Did you watch it demonstrated?

It blows warm air up from the ironing board into the garment.

Debbie was hilarious (unintentionally, I suspect), advising us to buy it "for the person who does your ironing for you". She alluded to having staff. I'm sorry, but that's a non-existent parallel universe where the wealthy sit and watch QVC :mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483: It sounded pretty desperate to me. They were selling the stock they had, though.

All together now "There's enough hot air coming out of Debbie's mouth to make this ironing board work without needing to be plugged into the mains".

All together now "There's enough hot air coming out of Debbie's mouth to make this ironing board work without needing to be plugged into the mains".

LOL - how true! I want to see all the presenters in turn try to provide a selling angle for this product. Debs is possibly a little more creative than others might be...

I don't care how great this is - I don't do ironing anyway. If I ever bought clothes that must be ironed, there are cheaper products which would do a good job and cut down the work involved.

Latest posts

Back