what you doing over the weekend?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dollydimple

Registered Shopper
I'm not doing much at all. I'm not going out in this awful weather and I don't need any shopping - can make do with what I have got in and have enough dog food / treats in for my little pal. I'll pop up to dad's in the morning - he lives near me - make sure he's sorted out ( did him a little buying in yesterday) and apart from that, I'm doing zilch.

I've decided to have a chilled out weekend and catch up on all my tv programmes that I've recorded and also sort out and get rid of some things I've recorded and don't fancy watching now. I was having a quick look through today and there are some things I recorded before I retired in 2010 and still haven't watched! Not had the time :tongue:

One programme I have really got into recently and am thoroughly enjoying is the rerun of Wild at Heart. I never fancied it when it was on first time round but it has been on daily on ITV3 over the past few weeks and I am quite addicted to it now. Typical, I only started watching it from series 3 so have bought series 1 and 2 from Amazon and am going to indulge myself over the weekend. Yep, when I get home from dad's, I'm going to have a bubble bath, get wrapped up in my warm, fleecy dressing gown, set my stall out with low cal nibbles and relax.

So, after I have checked on dad in the morning, I'm having a chilled out day...... and if the weather has not improved on Sunday, doing it all over again. :mysmilie_492:

what are you doing?

I have to drive down to Swansea to bring my son home from Uni for the Easter Holidays. So a little stop at the Bridgend Designer Outlet will be on the cards as we pass :) Then Sunday will be washing and ironing the ton of dirty washing he will bring with him :(

I am quite excited to see him as I haven't seen him since December - but will probably be counting the days to when he goes back again by Monday ;)

For the last 2 weeks I've spent a lot of time making things for a celebration at one of the care home I work for. I've done invites, posters, cupcake wrappers, bunting, party hats etc! If I see another cupcake, white rabbit or mad hatter I'll scream (the party theme was a Mad Hatter's tea party). So I've got behind with my jobs at home and need to catch up but I also intend having a rest as I'm shattered after the party on Wednesday! It was good fun though and the resident's loved it.
Rosey - give me a wave as you come through Bridgend LOL!

Same as you DD got everything in, jobs done today, hopefully will get my satellite signal back so can catch up on everything. Enjoy your weekend.

Enjoy your's too, Nora. It took me ages today to sort out my freeview box. My son dropped off my little grand daughter for a couple of hours this afternoon and I record peppa pig for her to watch - she loves it ( she's 2 on Monday). When I searched for the peppa pig recordings, I don't know what I did wrong but I inadvertently pressed the wrong button and the box went into automatic retune. When it had finished searching, I had ITV Wales and SCTV instead of ITV1 and channel 4. It took me ages to sort out and I could only do it after searching for the solution on the internet.

I don't have sky but I know that bad weather adversely affects reception.

The horrible weather will probably stop me going to the allotment so will probably tidy up the spare bedroom which has clothes strewn all over the bed. First stop is Argos to get some more vacuum storage bags.

The horrible weather will probably stop me going to the allotment so will probably tidy up the spare bedroom which has clothes strewn all over the bed. First stop is Argos to get some more vacuum storage bags.

That reminds me, I was in the attic recently and found some storage boxes with items in some of the argos vacuum storage bags that had been up there a couple of years and the seal was still intact, unlike the ones I bought from QVC which had failed. ( It did make me think, if I had forgotten that I had put things in storage in the bags and not used the items, I don't really need the stuff. I am such a hoarder). I should get rid. :blush:

That reminds me, I was in the attic recently and found some storage boxes with items in some of the argos vacuum storage bags that had been up there a couple of years and the seal was still intact, unlike the ones I bought from QVC which had failed. ( It did make me think, if I had forgotten that I had put things in storage in the bags and not used the items, I don't really need the stuff. I am such a hoarder). I should get rid. :blush:

Me too a terrible hoarder, I'm just going to bag up the stuff rather than make any decisions about it. The Easi-Vac vacuum bags are £12.99 for 8 at the moment which is half price. I want more floor space so can use the new Gtec air ram

I'm hoping (or was) to go up to Yorkshire, which is where I go most weekends when the weather's ok. We're going to make a decision in the morning as it's bad up there at the moment and my area's due for snow overnight. If I don't go then I'll probably be clearing out cupboards to get rid of things I don't want any longer so I can take to them to a charity shop. After all the snow over the last few weeks, my house is looking increasingly empty and very tidy because I tend to tidy out cupboards to take my mind off the fact that I wanted to be up North. It'd be so much easier if he lived closer. And as it's my birthday on Monday he's especially keen for me to go up tomorrow. Oh well ........... I'll survive and, if the snow scuppers our plans, I'll celebrate next weekend. :wink:

And once the clearing out is done, I'll 'blob out' in front of the tv.

Me too a terrible hoarder, I'm just going to bag up the stuff rather than make any decisions about it. The Easi-Vac vacuum bags are £12.99 for 8 at the moment which is half price. I want more floor space so can use the new Gtec air ram

ooh, £12.99, that's a good price. Might check to see if there is any stock near me and reserve a set. There you go, I'll be hoarding vacuum bags now. No, seriously, I could do with sorting some stuff out and creating some space. Unlike you, I don't need to create space for an AirRam, I haven't got one :sad: boo hoo, sob.

I have to grit my teeth and make a mad dash into the garden with the hedge trimmer. I have some tall ornamental grasses and clematis that should have been cut down 2-3 weeks ago. If I don't get them done this week the new growth will have come on to far to do it. If it's one thing I'm not it's cold weather gardener, I'm not looking forward to it at all.

I do hope the weather improves for you Toril but if you have to postpone your trip until next weekend, enjoy your tidy home (I'm jealous) and catching up with tv. Hope you have a lovely day on Monday.

My local forecast was accurate and I woke to snow this morning (about 3+ cms) and it's settled. Although it's thawing in some parts of the garden it's still snowing, albeit lightly. Having seen the news, Yorkshire is still quite bad so it looks as though I'll be chilling (not literally I hope) at home this weekend. If the schools had already broken up for the Easter break then I'd probably risk it but I doubt the Head would be impressed if I had to ring up on Monday morning to say I was snowed in up North, especially as the local news said that only necessary travel was advisable. I'm also due to do playground duty on Monday, so I certainly know how to celebrate my birthday! I know the M1 is generally clear but I've got to get to the motorway first, so I think I'll probably let my head rule my heart and stay safe at home. Mind you, if we get a sudden thaw in the next couple of hours I'll be in the car in the blink of an eye. :wink:

I hope that anyone who has been affected by the power cuts in some areas has now been reconnected and is safe and warm.

And the idea of British Summer time next weekend is a tad farcical as there's a risk of snow next Friday too, according to the long range online forecast. :eek:

I have to grit my teeth and make a mad dash into the garden with the hedge trimmer. I have some tall ornamental grasses and clematis that should have been cut down 2-3 weeks ago. If I don't get them done this week the new growth will have come on to far to do it. If it's one thing I'm not it's cold weather gardener, I'm not looking forward to it at all.

ooh, poor you. Hope you manage to get the job done quickly and safely, then back indoors for a warm up

I've just ordered a pack, to be picked up by closing time on Monday (weather permitting) That will keep me occupied next week, sorting stuff out. Thanks for the tip off.

Latest posts

Back