What us the point of asking a question?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I asked this question about the lamps TSV many hours ago.

What diameter is the pole?

I would like to put the pole into a heavy parasol base that I already have.
I am hoping that the studio will answer this in time for me to order them.

So now I've posted this answer to myself, but I'd be very surprised if it is published:

My question has not been answered and the colour I wanted has now sold out, so another sale lost for want of an answer from the expert

I am hoping that this post will not be moved into the garden TSV thread, as it is a GENERAL comment about the pointless "Ask a question" feature on their useless website. It just happens to mention the lamp, but the same thing happens time and time again when the experts just can't be bothered to answer the questions.

its rare to get any answers like that on a question from an expert as they dont answer those questions on air unless you call or ask it on twitter/facebook as usually when one does answer its usually another customer answering

That's the point I am making, it is POINTLESS!

I've missed out on various TSVs when I can't get an answer in time.

Surely the expert could answer simple questions between shows. Mine was very simple, it would take just a few seconds to measure the pole diameter.

They are SUPPOSED to be a shopping channel, yet they rely on CUSTOMERS to answer questions, often weeks too late.

It is SOOOOO frustrating. From when I started watching/buying about 12 years ago to a couple of years ago when my purchases really dwindled, I probably asked around 8-10 questions, all things anyone who knew a bit about the product or could put their hands on one could have answered, and all things that should have been on the website in the first place. They never answered on air or got back to me at all .... let alone in time for me to get the item .... once! On the other hand, I’ve asked questions on Amazon on a Saturday evening and had an answer from past purchasers or the manufacturer/seller before I’ve gone to bed. Well done, QVC. You never fail to disappoint.

Watching the HP laptop demo on air now DF was asking a question about streaming which the BA obviously didn’t have a clue (and it wasn’t rocket science) so her answer was “what I really love about this is the funky grill design” in an effort to deflect the fact she was selling a £700 item like a box of eyeshadow.

So if barra boy Flint can’t get an answer what chance does Joe Public have.

I've asked questions before and only received an answer weeks later when said item is out of stock..
Even amazon manages to get responses pretty fast when you ask fellow owners.

And on eBay, I very often ask sellers a question (I shop on there a LOT and been bitten too often!), and I simply won't bid if a seller doesn't get back to me in time.

But what I find more annoying is the fact that it shouldn't even be necessary to ask the majority of the questions I want to ask/that I see posted on the website. It's the sort of information which should automatically be provided!

Especially if you're buying from the website or app, a full description including dimensions, materials etc etc is essential. Listings seem to be better for "fashion" than other items.

I asked this question about the lamps TSV many hours ago.

What diameter is the pole?

I would like to put the pole into a heavy parasol base that I already have.
I am hoping that the studio will answer this in time for me to order them.

So now I've posted this answer to myself, but I'd be very surprised if it is published:

My question has not been answered and the colour I wanted has now sold out, so another sale lost for want of an answer from the expert

Don't know if it's any use to you, but there is a bigger and better single solar lamp post on ALDI ATM. It's more expensive at £19.95 but whilst the QVC one is 15 lumens (another basic fact not provided - someone had asked and actually been answered!), it's 50 to 100 lumens depending on setting!

Also has its own base, 3 year warranty and free returns ;)
(Don't work for ALDI but been looking myself as was tempted by QVC ones...! However most Luxform on QVC website have poor reviews.)

And since TSV was only £5 under regular price, decided would wait, see the reviews and buy in future if any good and available!

On the QVC Facebook, one of the mods is always well it is a set answer to questions about products etc. I will get back to you after I ask X, Y or Z. But they never actually do come back with a question which is usually about a TSV that day. Days later they still never returned with the answer to the question. But you will get a kiss x.

QVC are not in the business of selling to customers, they are in the business of getting people to buy. They clearly don't have high enough return rates to make them pause for thought.

They must be satisfied that providing barely and relevant information, either on telly or the website is not deterring enough people to make it worthwhile going to the effort of researching and providing it.

Try twatting during the particular show BUT ensure that the question is prefaced by gushing compliments of the presenter so they read it out by default.

Too late for your TSV but keep it in mind.

If it’s any consolation strato, I don’t rate Luxform, rusts in no time. And why are these lamp posts not on the Luxform website? Made for Q I bet, kiss of death for me that.

What major company and their brands think it’s ideal that customers answer questions about their products, typical Q.
Yes buyers can give their experience of ownership and recommend for their point of view, but be relied on to answer questions like a customer service department would, ridiculous in my opinion.

QVC are not in the business of selling to customers, they are in the business of getting people to buy. They clearly don't have high enough return rates to make them pause for thought.

They must be satisfied that providing barely and relevant information, either on telly or the website is not deterring enough people to make it worthwhile going to the effort of researching and providing it.

Ooh, I like that distinction!

It IS absolutely pointless posting questions & I don't know why I still bother to be honest! What gets my goat more than anything else is when I do post a new question- I get the opportunity to answer my own previous ****** questions??? Why on earth would I bother to ask them if I knew the answer??? I am sick & tired of questions not being answered by "experts" (& I use the term loosely)Not everyone is obsessed with Farcebook, Twatter & Instagram which involves sucking up to presenters telling them how fab they are before they will answer & if you are asking Julia about what she is wearing she LOVES saying it's either out of stock or she bought it years ago (just to tease people)The majority of guests & presenters love posting about themselves but actually couldn't give two hoots about customers who need genuine help or advice. I posted a question about Decleor's Gradual Glow (which I love) asking how Fiona applies it to her hands as they look really natural. Quelle surprise- no answer! I sent the same question to Decleor & they sent a crap answer so if anyone does know Fiona, can you ask her please & let me know?

I love Amazon for advice and info on products. You get answers within a few hours from customers and sellers. Customers give honest feedback and I’ve returned the favour many times over. I bought a glue product for a repair for my kitchen and the seller contacted me and said if I needed any advice regarding application to contact them. You can’t beat that!

It IS absolutely pointless posting questions & I don't know why I still bother to be honest! What gets my goat more than anything else is when I do post a new question- I get the opportunity to answer my own previous ****** questions??? Why on earth would I bother to ask them if I knew the answer??? I am sick & tired of questions not being answered by "experts" (& I use the term loosely)Not everyone is obsessed with Farcebook, Twatter & Instagram which involves sucking up to presenters telling them how fab they are before they will answer & if you are asking Julia about what she is wearing she LOVES saying it's either out of stock or she bought it years ago (just to tease people)The majority of guests & presenters love posting about themselves but actually couldn't give two hoots about customers who need genuine help or advice. I posted a question about Decleor's Gradual Glow (which I love) asking how Fiona applies it to her hands as they look really natural. Quelle surprise- no answer! I sent the same question to Decleor & they sent a crap answer so if anyone does know Fiona, can you ask her please & let me know?

Are you exfoliating your hands first SP?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you exfoliating your hands first SP?

Yes I am Loveinamist in fact I probably exfoliate more than Fiona- I love it! Her hands do look flawless & I have tried washing hands & then wiping backs of hands on tummy to pick up colour but it doesn't look as good as Fiona. I do hate how many of the presenters have brown bodies & white hands & I also hate "Tango hands" You would think having access to products (mostly freebies) & professionals on hand they would get it right but usually they don't! Jill Franks & Chuntley are two of the worst. If anyone has any tips for tanning hands please let me know!

Yes I am Loveinamist in fact I probably exfoliate more than Fiona- I love it! Her hands do look flawless & I have tried washing hands & then wiping backs of hands on tummy to pick up colour but it doesn't look as good as Fiona. I do hate how many of the presenters have brown bodies & white hands & I also hate "Tango hands" You would think having access to products (mostly freebies) & professionals on hand they would get it right but usually they don't! Jill Franks & Chuntley are two of the worst. If anyone has any tips for tanning hands please let me know!

I saw some advice for hands, not specific to gradual glow.... Use a make-up brush to apply to your hands. I thought that would be worth a try.

Latest posts

Back