What the heck...?!?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Social meeja - the curse of the 21st century. A generation of kids have never felt so insecure, suffering mental health issues with weight, looks, gender, trolling, suicides, than at any time in our history. Parents are no better - checking their phones to see the latest comment at mealtimes / pushing prams / et al instead of attending their kids.

I maintain none of us suffered with as much anxiety when we only had the 6 o'clock news and newspapers to read !
I couldn't agree more. I don't know how I'd have coped after a bad day at school, or even a minor tiff with a friend to have it carry into the evening and escalate because a load of other people who aren't even involved are throwing oil onto the fire...just awful - I'd have been a quivering wreck! I'm even thankful that my own kids generation just missed out on social media. A basic mobile phone was about all you could get, and most kids didn't have them anyway!

Plastic surgery can become an obsession, like tattoos. I wonder why older ladies have their faces lifted and not their necks. One of the models on QVC (long white hair and an unusual name) has a line free face, but a wrinkled neck.
You mean Pirjo (pronounced Pirry-oh). She is Finnish, hence the unusual first name. Totally agree about the neck being missed by far too many who "improve" their faces. It looks to be sun damage.

I couldn't agree more. I don't know how I'd have coped after a bad day at school, or even a minor tiff with a friend to have it carry into the evening and escalate because a load of other people who aren't even involved are throwing oil onto the fire...just awful - I'd have been a quivering wreck! I'm even thankful that my own kids generation just missed out on social media. A basic mobile phone was about all you could get, and most kids didn't have them anyway!
It is appalling the bullying that is rife on social media. There is so much wanton cruelty, bordering on incitement to suicide, it amazes me that these sites don't automatically delete such posts on any accounts, not only children's.

iI anybody can spot you have had surgery it was not done properly. Like I said its a deft hand that can do surgery that subtle you are left wondering Yes Or No!
The 'good' surgeons have been trained in aesthetic plastic surgery. It's a title that gives an extra string to their bow. Of course, they charge more

The 'good' surgeons have been trained in aesthetic plastic surgery. It's a title that gives an extra string to their bow. Of course, they charge more
Given that you have to live with the consequences of their work in plain sight, if it is facial, it is worth getting someone who has done high quality work for others...if you choose to go that route. They should be members of BAAPS.

My stepdaughter is a fanatic for cosmetic surgery. she's had a tummy tuck and bottom implants and boob job. the latest thing is her teeth its very odd to me

I've just had a look, and I reckon that the jumper does as much to add to this "comical look" as the rolled up jeans and the heavy footwear. The look can work on the right figure, BUT if you haven't got the right figure (sorry Catherine) you're better off wearing something more casual up top, certainly nothing short and skin tight. Catherine's got a lovely curvy figure, but she does need to be mindful of what makes her look bottom heavy, or squeezed. It didn't help that she spent most of the demo side on to camera which accentuated everything that was wrong with that outfit. The top is horrible and it's probably on a list of "must wear" items as it's an upcoming Tsv. It looks shiny and acrylic and I can't think of anything one could wear with it that won't look hideously frumpy or plain silly. It looks like a school uniform jumper in the dark blue - The red or the pink, fine if you want to look like a cartoon character, the paler colours possibly classy if in lambswool or cashmere which would give the garment a nice flow and there wouldn't be any ruckling or a look of stiffness around the collar and cuffs!
Another thing Catherine does not look good in is the short black rara dress she bought before Xmas. She looks awful in it but thinks she looks beautiful and does the wee girly twirl all the time

I have a real problem with this. I have no idea why these men think they deserve an 'above average' looking woman on their arm. I like to think that attitudes to these dinosaurs/pigs might change with younger women having more opportunities these days and wipe these attitudes out but it looks like strong women roles peaked with Alexis Carrington.

On the flip side, any man who can put up with the inane chatter that a few of my daughter's friends continuously spout deserves it (QVC presenters have nothing on these girls!). I know I'd prefer the wisdom that comes with age to the beauty that comes with youth but that's just me.
Oh dear, I'm as shallow as a puddle & wouldn't be with my Mr T if he wasn't much higher than 'above average'.

Oh dear, I'm as shallow as a puddle & expect my Mr T to be 'above average' in every respect. When he became really poorly a few weeks ago, after the pressure in his eyes went off the scale following his eye operations, I smartened him up before the paramedics arrived, plumped up the duvet & the pillows & renewed my lippy & perfume. If he was going to shuffle off I wanted everything to look as it should, including both of us.
Don’t worry, that’s what I would no doubt have done!

It has always annoyed me to hear about people who go abroad for 'cheap' cosmetic surgery, who then expect the NHS to sort them out when it goes wrong.
Our NHS is overworked as it is, without silly vain people to have to deal with.

Carol Vorderman looks like a blow up doll.

I'll make it cream !

Jilly Halliday's old fashioned 'hippie' hair-do does nothing for her. However, I wouldn't like to see her with the style A. Kenan sports. And she needs to work on her posture. Legs splayed apart and feet turned outwards are not a good look. Big makeover needed, I agree.
A few of them stand like that with feet splayed out, Julia, Jill F spring to mind. I think it’s because they were dancers about 30+ years ago. It’s definitely Not a good look. And Julia is always kicking her leg up like a silly schoolgirl.

Latest posts

Back