What is your one "hero product?"

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Turning a hackneyed phrase on it's head, what is your "hero product" - the one thing you (a la Jill Franks) "simply could not LIVE without?" Is it from QVC? Inspired by QVC? Or is it from the dreaded "High Street?" My "hero product" is Clinique's Instant Pore Minimiser. I hate some of the pores on my cheeks from when I had bad acne as a teenager. One dab of this product and the craters are gone! Normally I couldn't give a stuff about it but if I'm somewhere important I take more care. Today I had to interview candidates for the London mayoral elections hence this "hero product" helped. I used to use a product called "Pores No More" from QVC until they discontinued it.

Niod CAIS,
healthy skin that acts younger than my age
and how my skin used to feel
seems to repair and make my skin better and better

you'd also have to wrestle Niod NEC out of my cold dead hands
has seen off the jowly bits and threats of slackening under chin turkey wattle bits that were threatening to form

Zhuzh Lock and Save from Ideal World, the fine dry oil mist is the only thing that moisturises my skin property especially dry patches like my elbows, it's a multitasker and I'd be lost without it.

Liquid Gold from Alpha-H is my hero product, I would panic if I hadn't got one in reserve. I had two dark patches on each side of my forehead, the patches did seem to keep getting darker until I tried liquid gold and now they have almost disappeared.

Aveeno moisturisers. The whole family use it. Love others like L'Occitane for the smells but when my skin is dry and itchy this always comes good.

Maracuja oil is my hero product - it moisturises and almost gets rid of my dark circles under my eyes - it approves my skins appearance so my skin looks more normal without makeup :mysmilie_14:

Has to be Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream. I was introduced to this by a friend who had eczema, as a young teenager, and I've never been without it since. I don't have day-in-day-out eczema, but I do get flare-ups... I use it during hayfever season around my eyes, and nose (and sometimes ears) to protect from pollen... so it's getting a workout right now because my skin's gone mental. I use it as a lip salve, as a cuticle treatment, to smooth unruly eyebrows. It goes on dry patches on elbows, knees, hands, feet... anywhere really which needs protection and a treatment.

I don't use anything else from the Elizabeth Arden range, or even the ever-expanding 8 Hour range, now (used to wear Red Door) but I wouldn't be without this.

Great topic, Julius :mysmilie_59:

Mine would be the Liz Earle superskin concentrate oil. I love putting it on in the evening and it feels like it really nourishes my skin.

A litre bottle of Lavender Hydrolat from Naturally Thinking. Its costs me a tenner for a full litre which I decant into a smaller bottle as needed, is distilled from their own lavender grown in their own fields, has no nasties in it and I use it morning and night after washing my face or after cleansing and before moisturising, it`s soothing, smells divine, balances both dry patches and oily patches. I also use it on cotton pads to ease tired itchy eyes, either gently wipe over the eyelid with a dampened pad or lie back with a pad over each eye, its also great for taking the itch out of insect bites or nettle stings in Summer, soothes sunburn or chafing, is terrific for taking down the redness after eyebrow plucking, threading or waxing, makes a great face mask when mixed with a powder mask such as the Rose face mask from Akamuti. It isn`t tested on animals, doesn`t contain chemicals and a litre lasts a good while.

Witch Doctor, great for burns, scrapes bites etc. It is a light gel and works well if you get it on straight away. Easier than carrying witchhazel with you.

A litre bottle of Lavender Hydrolat from Naturally Thinking. Its costs me a tenner for a full litre which I decant into a smaller bottle as needed, is distilled from their own lavender grown in their own fields, has no nasties in it and I use it morning and night after washing my face or after cleansing and before moisturising, it`s soothing, smells divine, balances both dry patches and oily patches. I also use it on cotton pads to ease tired itchy eyes, either gently wipe over the eyelid with a dampened pad or lie back with a pad over each eye, its also great for taking the itch out of insect bites or nettle stings in Summer, soothes sunburn or chafing, is terrific for taking down the redness after eyebrow plucking, threading or waxing, makes a great face mask when mixed with a powder mask such as the Rose face mask from Akamuti. It isn`t tested on animals, doesn`t contain chemicals and a litre lasts a good while.

You've convinced me to order this,sounds perfect for my needs and like the fact it's natural.

My QVC hero product is Elimis Total Glow. Only self tan I have tried that doesn't give me "dirty face" look.

Non QVC is YSL eyeliner.

Decleor Iris oil is my couldn't live without beauty product. My couldn't live without items are hairdryer and straighteners. If I didn't have all of these I would be a wrinkled crone with fingers in the electric socket hair :mysmilie_59: Good look (not!).

CC

I love abc body wash. All the family like it. Not an essential, but love Ultrasun at this time of year. Don't know if it is worth the premium price but is fab. Am also a sucker for sbc. Other than that I am trying to cut down my spending (!!)

My favourite QVC product is without doubt Philosophy Purity cleanser. I've found my holy grail cleanser.

My non QVC, GHDs. I think I need a second pair as I have a dread of mine breaking :-/

Latest posts

Back