What is your one "hero product?"

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not from QVC...

Bourjois mascara as it is one of the very few that doesn't irritate my (very sensitive) eyes and eyelids

If I looked at all the products I have ever used over the years, and what has either a) always been there, or b) been and come back again after a few years break my hero products would be a) Mum roll-on deoderant-the blue one and b) Cleanse and Polish. I used it for years, then stopped for a few, now back with it again.

Oh I got that in the recent TSV, good to know it is OK, have yet to try it.

I have put so many friends on to it. One had to be nearly tied down so I could put it on her. She is now hooked. Just build it up. From the first application I just look better. I put it on morning and evening the first time. Then just morning till I get the right level of glow :) Then I go to every other day or more just to maintain it. At the end of the summer when I stop using it, it fades evenly too. One thing get a Qtip or similar and just swipe your eyebrows to avoid building up extra colour there. :)

Turning a hackneyed phrase on it's head, what is your "hero product" - the one thing you (a la Jill Franks) "simply could not LIVE without?" Is it from QVC? Inspired by QVC? Or is it from the dreaded "High Street?" My "hero product" is Clinique's Instant Pore Minimiser. I hate some of the pores on my cheeks from when I had bad acne as a teenager. One dab of this product and the craters are gone! Normally I couldn't give a stuff about it but if I'm somewhere important I take more care. Today I had to interview candidates for the London mayoral elections hence this "hero product" helped. I used to use a product called "Pores No More" from QVC until they discontinued it.
Last week I bought some Benefit Poreless Professional on eBay as it was about £6 cheaper than Boots. It arrived today and it is fake. Grrrh! The seller is trying to tell me it is not but the fake product is more like a BB cream and just is not like the genuine stuff which I use. The packaging is really convincing. Anyway I have requested a refund.
BTW I prefer the Benefit to the Clinique

Mally lip gloss, the twist one. I have to wear it every day, all the time.

It isn't tacky, it feels soft and nourishing.

I am only sorry I have to get it elsewhere now as QVC do not do the colours I wear.

Aveeno moisturisers. The whole family use it. Love others like L'Occitane for the smells but when my skin is dry and itchy this always comes good.

I think I've seen those in Asda. They are quite expensive and have oat milk as an ingredient, I believe? I might try it some time.

Last week I bought some Benefit Poreless Professional on eBay as it was about £6 cheaper than Boots. It arrived today and it is fake. Grrrh! The seller is trying to tell me it is not but the fake product is more like a BB cream and just is not like the genuine stuff which I use. The packaging is really convincing. Anyway I have requested a refund.
BTW I prefer the Benefit to the Clinique

Sorry to hear that, Shopping. Ebay are usually good with things like this. Raise a case immediately as they shouldn't be selling fakes. I had to raise a case once where I bought a health supplement clearly advertised as tablets and they sent me gelatine capsules (which I would not touch). They then offered me a 50% refund which I found really insulting. I raised a case demanding that they supply me with tablets as advertised or refund in full. I got the refund, however it was annoying as I then had to find the product elsewhere :(

If I looked at all the products I have ever used over the years, and what has either a) always been there, or b) been and come back again after a few years break my hero products would be a) Mum roll-on deoderant-the blue one and b) Cleanse and Polish. I used it for years, then stopped for a few, now back with it again.

I like the idea of C&P. I keep meaning to try it. I really like Dr Organics roll-on deodorant. It's aluminium free and comes in different variants - tea tree, coconut, aloe vera, sunflower and some other ones I can't remember. I really LOVE the coconut one, followed by aloe, sunflower and tea tree. I wouldn't wear the tea tree one to work as it's a little pungent, but it's nice after gym at the weekend.

Witch Doctor, great for burns, scrapes bites etc. It is a light gel and works well if you get it on straight away. Easier than carrying witchhazel with you.

I remember Witch Doctor from when I was a kid. I fell into a load of stinging nettles :( which was incredibly painful and this product was very helpful.

I like Dove invisible roll on deodorant as white marks on dark clothes does my head in. Not keen on any other Dove products.

The one thing I'm never without is arnica gel as I bruise very easily and they take for ever to go away. Just last week I went on my hands and nose (just missed going through a plate glass window). I immediately put the gel on my cheekbone and there was only a slight bruise but my knees which I couldn't get at are black and blue from knee to ankle. The cream is slightly more effective but the gel is cleaner to use.

Not very exciting !

Tell me more😀 I have dark circles and Im always in the market to try something new? Do you use it day and night? Can you put make up on over it?

It's really interesting hearing about everyone's hero products. So many recommendations to try out. What I find particularly interesting is that a lot of them are not particularly expensive, they are just very, very good and have stood the test of time. The mention of Witch Doctor brought back so many memories.

Another hero product for me is Boots Soltan "Once" Face SPF 30. Protects for 8 hours, has a 5-star UVA rating is considerably less expensive than Ultrasun. Can often be found in 2-for-1 or 3-for-2 deals at Boots. Each year I generally get SPF 15 for the body, Soltan Once Face, and a lip SPF.

I might give that a try as I like eating ice-cream in the summer but find my teeth are sensitive to frozen things. I'm the same with ice in smoothies and milkshakes.
It is a product that builds up over time. Also best to find it on special offer as it is expensive. I generally buy the whitening one as I drink black coffee

Hard to choose from several but the one product I would find hard to replace with another would be Ultrasun Face. Great primer, day cream and sun cream and stays on all day.

Toothpaste for sensitive teeth.

That's a good point Scout. Okay, it's not glamorous or anything, but if I go more than 2 or 3 without using a sensitive variety, I can't even enjoy a cuppa. Anything hot or cold and I'm in agony.

My favourite Q items that I'd struggle without is AD Skin Synergy & ABC Skin Wash.

A litre bottle of Lavender Hydrolat from Naturally Thinking. Its costs me a tenner for a full litre which I decant into a smaller bottle as needed, is distilled from their own lavender grown in their own fields, has no nasties in it and I use it morning and night after washing my face or after cleansing and before moisturising, it`s soothing, smells divine, balances both dry patches and oily patches. I also use it on cotton pads to ease tired itchy eyes, either gently wipe over the eyelid with a dampened pad or lie back with a pad over each eye, its also great for taking the itch out of insect bites or nettle stings in Summer, soothes sunburn or chafing, is terrific for taking down the redness after eyebrow plucking, threading or waxing, makes a great face mask when mixed with a powder mask such as the Rose face mask from Akamuti. It isn`t tested on animals, doesn`t contain chemicals and a litre lasts a good while.

Now that sounds fab Vienna. Off to get me some of that.

Latest posts

Back