what is your ideal bag?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
You know the one - holds everything but is light and small goes with everything - looks as if it cost a fortune but was less than 50 quid.
Anyone found it yet?

Certainly not Tsv today, but then I'm not a Kipling fan

Mines not little but holds everything and was about£45. kipling Katie.velvet.

never bought this bag and always regretted it. tbh this range was one of the best i think it was called "hip"

I have a "thing" about bags. Mum always said I could open a shop with the amount I had. I get very very bored very very quickly and annoy myself. Don't like chains on the handle and must have perfect stitching, not too many pockets and not weigh a ton empty. Leather pref but not buttery soft but not floppy. OK I'll stop now you must all be bored rigid! Needless to say the Holy Grail but I live in hope.

I like my fairfax but isnt a plain colour so isnt that practical,but so lovely and light,also love Speckled machida,have a lulu guinness franka and love that but that clearly was not under £50!, the kipling Tsv must be one of their most boring ones going imo,x

Made of carbon fibre reinforced with Kevlar (as used in bulletproofing) with a shoulder strap reinforced by high tensile hardened steel wires, so bag and strap are cut, slash and snatch proof.

QVC used to sell a cheapo version made by Travelon, I got the small man-bag version from QVC.

Don't forget that all bags now need a metal-lined pocket to protect your debit and credit cards from the latest scam (see video on link).

http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/lLAFhTjsQHw&sns=em

Mine is a black patent leather Boden bag. Not sure how much it cost (pressie) but I love it. It's big enough to carry everything and the kitchen sink and still look good. It'll be a while until I find something to top it I think.

If you have the icon in the red circle on your card, all the details of your account can be read by a crook standing near you, using some electronic equipment.

They can then clone your card and spend your money.

All banks are introducing this, my partner's card already has it.

rfid-credit-card.jpg

Was the Kipling Katie Velvet done especially for QVC? (I am presuming so as the only mentions of it are from either QVC or eBay!) :thinking:

Ah for me that's easy. Sticking to the price tag it has to be the Tig French Tote. I absolutely love it. It's the perfect size and style for me. I like small-ish bags and I really only use handbags not shoulder bags. I think it was about £48 on QVC. Beautiful quality pebble leather.

I love it so much I have it in pumpkin, pink, bronze, mustard, purple and white. The bronze one went to the pub with me tonight. The most used ones are the pink and the bronze. I think four out of the six were bought on eBay. I know I bought the white one recently on the bay for £25. Brand new with the plastic wrapper still on the handles. An absolute steal at that price.

My ideal bag is the one I bought from a craft fair in Wales. Satchel style, hand made from soft tan suede with a tan leather strap and brass buckles and leather straps on the front pocket and a zip across the top, back zipped pocket as well. I can`t remember how much I paid for it because I`ve had it years and use it almost everyday. It`s well worn, moulded to my body when its over my shoulder and is like an old friend.

I don't have one under £50 that could be classed as ideal or favourite :-( I have a couple of leather cross body bags from Next that are in Mulberry style but they are small and don't fit with the original spec!

There are about 6 Kipling Katies on the bay at the mo. I ordered and sent back (don't know why) the black patent one a few years ago. It wasn't the canvas material,.but a shiny patent-like material. It was lovely. There's one on there actually....I may have to bid. :eek:
my second Kipling bag?!! I have a really small one I bought to carry my SLR camera in years ago. It's grey and hubby doesn't mind holding it as it doesn't look like a handbag!!

My fave bag at the moment is my Lulu black patent large Jenny. I adore black patent and I adore this bag :D but I don't like using it every day for work so try and rotate them. I am looking at some used LG on the bay that I wouldn't mind using every day. If I have paid next to nothing then I won't mind them getting a hammering!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

My Cambridge Satchel Co. bag (Not QVC, I know) embossed with my initials. It's a lovely two tone mix of tan and black leather. Lush!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a few I love, some of them vintage bags.

Has to be leather or suede, but not too thick & heavy;
has to be a shoulder or cross body bag. I just don't 'do' arm bags;
I prefer a satchel, east-west bag. If it's too deep I can't find anything;
not too big as they make me look like orphan Annie;
no central division. It drives me nuts;
outside pockets for keys etc;
a pale lining. I can no longer cope with black or a dark lining.

I don't ask for much.

Latest posts

Back