what have you tried that you just would never ever buy again

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Aveda shampoo-would of been better off washing hair in Fairy. It left my hair like straw. I notice it hasn't been on for some long time, wonder why?

Oh blimey, how many things have I bought from QVC that I can only put down to a rush of blood to the head? I'll just make a :coffee: and settle down...

Wash-It wash balls - just didn't get anything clean

Markon shoes - apols to fans but to me they were a style abomination

Philosophy - horrid, headache-inducing fake smells at an inflated price

Ojon - my biggest QVC disappointment of all, *really* looked forward to it, saved up as was proper brassic at the time, then it arrived smelling like an undergraduate's bedroom

Bare Escentuals - seemed like the kind of make-up for someone who's quite intimidated by make-up but just confirmed that I'm just not the kind of person who can be ar**d with make-up at all

Honora pearls - nothing wrong per se but they just didn't 'get' me IYKWIM

Camcorders - four, yes four of the dratted things, not one of which has worked for more than a month (two of which worked for less than five mins). Never again for me & QVC technology

Plants - I'm not the gardener in my house but OH says of all the plants we've had around 10% have been any cop

Haven't seen Artemis here for a little while, she used to have a great phrase at the end of her posts, something about never regretting anything because at one time it was exactly what you wanted. You have no idea how many times I've repeated that to myself as a comforting mantra when coming across a previously inadvisable purchase languishing in a dark recess in my house...:hi:

Last edited:
its all flooding back to me now - the slim and lifts pants................the cook-in-the-container-pasta thingy:confused:

I remember the cook in the container pasta, I ordered it from IW and then when I seen it on QVC I thought not that again. It just didn't work. It takes longer in the pan but its worth it.

I remember when we ordered palnts from QVC half turned up dead.

Last edited:
Mine would be:

Ojon - really disliked the smell of cocoa butter on my hair and felt sick if I caught a hint of it in a breeze! I didn't notice any difference in my hair either. Still watch Dennis though! :blush:

Tova perfume - I remember in the early days when AY and Tova would go on about how gorgeous it was and how it turned heads....yeah in a 'what the hell do you smell like?' kind of look...awful smell like fusty talcum powder.

Freeze 24-7 - just rubbish really

Another one for Ojon!

Absolute rubbish and made my hair feel awful, i used the conditioner to shave me legs!!!!

Silly Christmas shapes (Santa, Snowmen, Snowflake etc.) they were meant to stick onto glass. Very Christmassy - the clunk as they landed on the floor at regular intervals:devil:.
What was I thinking?:confused:

madly - I did buy an item twice:down: I tried the plastic scholl shoes and returned them and then just to prove how stupid I am,I ordered them agin on a promotion,just to make sure I didn't like them?!

You've reminded me of a Beth Terrell suede bag that was three bags in one and you could wear them separately or together (like this - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BEAUTIFUL-BET...495574112?pt=Women_s_Bags&hash=item230a3c3860)

Really liked the look of it but it didn't lay right when it was filled, so back it went.

Saw it months later in clearance and rebought it!! The clasps were tarnished but I couldn't be bothered to return it AGAIN, so it eventually went to a charity shop.

So, we're both stupid!!

Hope that makes you feel better :)

Freeze, complete waste of P&P.
Same with Genie.

Tova perfume, sorry but it smells exactly like fly spray to me.

Any Butler & Wilson, highly priced tat.

Most have mine have already been mentioned but here goes.

Wash ball. Made no difference whatsoever and had to do my washing again.

Freeze 24/7. Worst beauty buy ever.

Pasta cooking container. Absolute rubbish.

Philosophy Unconditional love perfume(part of a TSV) smelt of blackberry and gave me a headache.

Birkensock Betula flip flops. They rubbed my toe raw.

Pro Collagen Marine Cream. Brought me out in spots around my jawline and chin.

Lots of overpriced Shower Gels from various brands that smell lovely but can't help thinking that's £30 down the plughole. (I must remember this when the L'occitaine TSV comes around and keep away from the tv that day)

Lastly my bathroom has a collection of unused piddly sizes from numerous beauty TSV's that seemed like a must have at the time.

Where to begin!

Cleanser and polish is way too heavy and oily for my middle aged oily mug

Gatineau eye makeup remover which seriously stung the h**l out of my eyes.
Only by the next morning were they starting looking a wee bit more "normal".
They were so red and sore! I dont really even have sensitive skin!

The wind up torch thing was only ok for the first couple of uses and then it
went very strange! just flickered when it felt like it. Spooky

Tried some Kim & Co trousers once and still need counselling! They
just luvved my cellulite!

Any QVC plants as they have nearly all turned out disasters apart from the
scented begonias. Way overpriced. Can easily get cheaper elsewhere.

Luv BE foundation (must wear a good primer underneath) and Mineral veil but
tried one of their sets to give the eyeshadows a try. I am usually pretty good
at applying makeup as I moonlight as a makeup artist but this stuff went everywhere
and I am not the most patient person.

Hmm...OK here goes

I bought myself what was advertised as a Home Electrolysis Kit priced at £16 (I know, I know) which was about as much use as knickers on an avocado. I was desperate, what can I say? Anyhoo - it didn't work, and indeed after one use fell to bits - so it went straight back.

I was seduced by Cashmasoft the other week. Please don't hate me :bandit: . I bought the dip dyed v neck sweater, which I thought would be jolly nice for schlepping round the house in during 'the colder months'. Unfortunately, when the parcel arrived they seemed to have replaced the sweater I ordered with a tie dyed v necked dishcloth. I was in the mood for a laugh, so I tried it on - and I got one as verily I indeed looked like a grown woman wearing a dishcloth (one that's been used previously on the pots) so it was sent back with an urgent request for a refund and a referral for me to the 'Victims of QVC Crimes Against Fashion' helpline.

Another vote for Ojon too - while I can happily use the Thickening range and the pre-cleanser in the tube rather than the pot the rest of the range makes my hair produce enough grease to fry eggs. I ordered the Shine and Protect collection and diligently followed the instructions to the letter, only to look in the mirror and see the hair of Waynetta Slob had been carefully reproduced on my own head. That also went back with a boot up its bottom.

Last edited:
OOoops!
How could I forget the disappointment of OJON. My fine oily hair did not
respond at all to this expensive stuff. I'll stick with Elvive and Kerastase.

OMG, how could I forget the horrid TOVA experience. Yucky perfume
that lasted only minutes.

Hmm...OK here goes

I bought myself what was advertised as a Home Electrolysis Kit priced at £16 (I know, I know) which was about as much use as knickers on an avocado. I was desperate, what can I say? Anyhoo - it didn't work, and indeed after one use fell to bits - so it went straight back.

I was seduced by Cashmasoft the other week. Please don't hate me :bandit: . I bought the dip dyed v neck sweater, which I thought would be jolly nice for schlepping round the house in during 'the colder months'. Unfortunately, when the parcel arrived they seemed to have replaced the sweater I ordered with a tie dyed v necked dishcloth. I was in the mood for a laugh, so I tried it on - and I got one as verily I indeed looked like a grown woman wearing a dishcloth (one that's been used previously on the pots) so it was sent back with an urgent request for a refund and a referral for me to the 'Victims of QVC Crimes Against Fashion' helpline.

"Hello, Victims of QVC Crimes Against Fashion Helpline, ArtDeco speaking, how can I ridicule you?!...Hold the line please caller while I get me Markon shoes off..."

ANything Kim & Co. patterns are nice but the clothes come up way too big.
Ojon - overpriced I stick to Pantene and a treatment I get from hairdresser.
Du Wop lip venom - waste of time.
Genie line smoother - terrible product.
Any of the philosophy fragrances - they all smell too sweet and sickly.
Philosophy lip gloss
I love Decleor but the excellence neck and bust treatment is really expensive. In fact any of the really expensive neck and decollete creams. The Judith Williams one is cheaper and works just as well.
Markon shoes - they always were too big and they never did half sizes.

OOoops!
How could I forget the disappointment of OJON. My fine oily hair did not
respond at all to this expensive stuff. I'll stick with Elvive and Kerastase.

OMG, how could I forget the horrid TOVA experience. Yucky perfume
that lasted only minutes.

I don't know if you know but Kerastase is made by L'Oreal. I love the Kerastase range as it feels as though it does something to the hair. I love their ritual treatment at the salon.

You've reminded me of a Beth Terrell suede bag that was three bags in one and you could wear them separately or together (like this - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BEAUTIFUL-BET...495574112?pt=Women_s_Bags&hash=item230a3c3860)

Really liked the look of it but it didn't lay right when it was filled, so back it went.

Saw it months later in clearance and rebought it!! The clasps were tarnished but I couldn't be bothered to return it AGAIN, so it eventually went to a charity shop.

So, we're both stupid!!

I remember that bag, it did look like a good idea.

Silly Christmas shapes (Santa, Snowmen, Snowflake etc.) they were meant to stick onto glass. Very Christmassy - the clunk as they landed on the floor at regular intervals:devil:.
What was I thinking?:confused:

HA!! I bought them as well (and like an idiot, didn't send them back:confused:) what a waste of money!

Easiyo, a lot of the Yankee candles are vile, quite a few bits of jewelery etc, etc

So, we're both stupid!!

yep, I got suckered into that bag too. It was awful and I put it in the box of goodies for the charity shop. It languished there for ages. Never found out if anyone bought it, it might still be there, getting more tarnished by the year :grin:

Latest posts

Back