what have you tried that you just would never ever buy again

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowdottie

Registered Shopper
just thinking about things we'd like to come back - what have you tried,that you absolutely (think) you wouldn't again?

For me,it mainly has to be the jewellery dept - and the main culprit being lola rose.I know lots of you on here love it - but I just cannot see the appeal for the price.I've tried two items now - and for me,I just wouldn't again.I think even if I had to buy a piece for a friend that loved it - theres loads of clearance on her website all the time:mysmilie_493:

I don' think I'd go for bare escentuals again - I like the look and the idea - but just too "messy" for me.

philosphy - bought one of the first "beauty" TSv's as I loved the scrubs so much - but the beauty did not excite me whatsoever.The same for all the grace perfumes too - not strong enough for me.

bit unfair as I've never purchased - but just could not buy tova - just cannot buy perfume through the Tv!

I bought those window washer things with the magnets that let you clean both sides of the window at the same time ( I know, I know but I wasn't myself that day!!).

You needed to be Geoff Capes just to move them around the window the magnets were that strong. Never again.

I now have a man that does my windows and he uses a good old fashioned squeegie and a sponge!! Just wish he looked like Denis from Ojon instead of Phil Mitchell from Eastenders!!

I bought those window washer things with the magnets that let you clean both sides of the window at the same time ( I know, I know but I wasn't myself that day!!).

You needed to be Geoff Capes just to move them around the window the magnets were that strong. Never again.

I now have a man that does my windows and he uses a good old fashioned squeegie and a sponge!! Just wish he looked like Denis from Ojon instead of Phil Mitchell from Eastenders!!

I always wanted to try those window magnet things:blush:

:mysmilie_506::mysmilie_845:

any of the expensive body washes. They smell lovely but to be honest I can buy lovely smelling body washes from tesco's , the treacle moon range is gorgeous and so much more reasonably priced. Despite how moisturising the expensive ones claim they are I still cant get my head around how they can work as you are rinsing them off.

Defo the Graces perfumes and I have tried all of them, ever hopeful. I only liked Amazing and that wore off in ten minutes. The others smelt awful on me. I then tried the stronger perfume in Amazing and it gave me an appalling migraine.

Yankee Candle Plug-in room freshener in Home Sweet Home...so strong that I could not breathe properly.

Philip Kingsley shampoo..nothing special & an expensive nothing special at that.

I won't buy Butler and Wilson, as I reacted to a bracelet I purchased and one of the t-shirts brouht me out in a rash. I know a lot of you like his things I do too, I'm just unfortunate.

Lola Rose is overpriced for what it is. I can make my own jewellery so choose to do that instead. Some of her pieces are lovely.

Some of the Philosophy products are nice, but the price of the shower gel puts me off, I now buy Cinnamon Cakes from waitrose for 99p, just as good. I haven't seen any results from the Philosophy range.

I can't use the Liz Earle cleanser or toner as it upsets my skin.

The p&p puts me off a lot too these days, I prefer buying from other places.

Cooks Essential pans, the non stick coating came off.

Phillip Kingsley didn't work, Ojon didn't work. I'm using Root Awakening by John Frieda, which is good.

Last edited:
For me it has to be Easi-yo yogurt! dont ask me why, think its mainly laziness tbh!

I bought the maker, and even bought some more sachets from Lakeland, but havent used the thing for maybe a year! I liked the yogurts as well just cant be a**d doing it (and its not even that difficult).

maybe I will give it another go :yawn:

any of the expensive body washes. They smell lovely but to be honest I can buy lovely smelling body washes from tesco's , the treacle moon range is gorgeous and so much more reasonably priced. Despite how moisturising the expensive ones claim they are I still cant get my head around how they can work as you are rinsing them off.

Have you tried The Pink Cow range from Boots? I love the Coconut Creme. I am a sucker for lovely smelling bubble bath and body wash products. I still love Matey bubble bath. I got a lovely bubble bath from Waitrose on Saturday called Antique Iris, just as good as the more expensive ranges. I have learn't from this forum that spending £40 on soap is stupid.

Thank you for making me see sense :heart:

Gatineau Cleanser & Toner - cant abide the smells. Sorry but its like old lady smell to me!

Cleanse & Polish - yuck texture!

Cleanse & Polish

Kim n Co :blush:

Tova Perfume . Foul disgusting stuff.:puke::puke::puke:

I tried Ojon thickening shampoo and conditioner,did not work,just made my hair dull and looking like it needed a good wash.

Anything from Butler and Wilson. Bought what I thought was going to be a really special present for a friend of mine but when it arrived it was so cheap and nasty to look at and touch I couldn't bring myself to give it to her - went straight back to QVC instead. B&W became Boring and Worthless in our household after that!

northern niights. hate the cheap flimsy fabric that when you try to iron it the creases just get worse. very cheap stuff for the money.

the opaque gem stuff. as cheap as they are the quality usually is not up to much. stones that are glued on and elastic that snaps. horrid. where is qvc quality control that they rave about.

dennis basso. cant stand the quality of his coats. much rather buy from the centigrade range. much cheaper and better quality.

Totally agree about the Easyio - absolutely bizarre texture and sweet. Maybe the plainer ones are better, but frankly I'm happy to buy a litre of the natural yoghurt from Tesco for £1.60 and add honey and save myself the bother of storing the container, the washing up, opening the packets and the P&P.

I tried a car washing system that looked like it would be so good and my DH had a good laugh at my optimism. I tried to prove him wrong, and got very wet in the process but no, I was had. It all went back and I had to marvel at my gullibility.

Unlike many others I don't find diamonique believable except in the much smaller stones. I particularly dislike the brightly coloured ones, they just look like glass to me. I know some people like the big bold pieces and don't care if it looks fake, but I'm probably a bit old for that look.

Also got suckered into the Ojon story. Nothing special about it at all IMHO - however I do have very fine, frizzy hair so maybe it's just too strong for me and I'll leave it for all you thick, luscious haired souls. Gr.....

yes- forgot about the basso.have never tried his stuff but never will (although there was a deep blue faux fur jacket on the website I liked:headbang:)

I would never buy kim and co again - very clingy,where its meant to skim?!:thinking:

madly - I did buy an item twice:down: I tried the plastic scholl shoes and returned them and then just to prove how stupid I am,I ordered them agin on a promotion,just to make sure I didn't like them?!

Even more embarassing. A Kirks Folly Christmas Snowman brooch. I must have had a moment of sheer lunancy there. :confused:And yes I actually wore the thing at Christmas.

But lets be honest. We all buy things & not just from QVC that we think in time to come '' WHAT the hell was I thinking of? ''

I'm sure we all have stuff lurking in our wardrobes that we got years back & would not be seen dead in. Mind you some of it now dosen't fit anyway.

Last edited:
The Elemis blossom cleanser or something like that. The smell was yuk yuk yuk, although I understand loads of people love it :confused::confused:
some stupid constyraption which was meant to make fruit juice, consisting of a beaker and a sieve with another beaker on the top, requiring you to have Arnold Schwarzenegger in the kitchen pressing the fruit manually. The worst purchase ever.:giggle::giggle:

its all flooding back to me now - the slim and lifts pants................the cook-in-the-container-pasta thingy:confused:

Latest posts

Back